$15,000 tax credit when buying a home???

stylin

How does this work? do you get a check for 15,000.00? or is this a credit on your taxes...can explain this to me. My friend is buying a home and her realtor told her that she will get a check for 15K....doesn't make sense to me.
thanks!

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
How does this work? do you get a check for 15,000.00? or is this a credit on your taxes...can explain this to me. My friend is buying a home and her realtor told her that she will get a check for 15K....doesn't make sense to me.
thanks!

I am going to post this in this thread because the other thread is in chit chat and can't be read by people who are not logged in as registered users.

"Working to accommodate the new, lower overall limit of the bill, negotiators effectively wiped out a Senate-passed provision for a new $15,000 tax credit to defray the cost of buying a home, these officials said. The agreement would allow taxpayers to deduct the sales tax paid on new car purchases, but not the interest on loans for the same vehicles."

Agreement announced in race for stimulus bill - Yahoo! Finance

:coffee:

Pete

Repete
Aint it cool! To make room for pork they took out something that would actually STIMULATE the economy. What a bunch of complete fools.