Teething Products?

romance

One of the sinners
Does anyone know of something that can help a baby when they are teething?

My daughters were no where near as bad as my son with teething. I've tried even adult oragel for his gums but he is still hurting. Any ideas? Home remedies? Something?

romance

One of the sinners
lol

Nice disclaimer.

Thanks though. Now I just have to find a rubber band. Hopefully it will work. I know rum doesn't, oragel doesn't, and rubbing them doesn't. But letting him chewing on Jaime works. Hmmmmmm......:D

romance

One of the sinners
You can't give babies asprin as per the docs of todays orders. Something about causing some kinda syndrome. I don't think anything will work for this kid till the first tooth comes out. It always seems easier after the first is through the gum. Doesn't seem to hurt as much.

But yeah, he can have a little bit of Jaime. My son (Jacob) loves chewing on Jaime's fingers.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by romance
Does anyone know of something that can help a baby when they are teething?

My daughters were no where near as bad as my son with teething. I've tried even adult oragel for his gums but he is still hurting. Any ideas? Home remedies? Something?

We would always dampen and freeze a wash cloth for them to suck and chew on. Worked wonders and if all else fails a little Kentucky blend rubbed on the gums.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I think our babies are about the same age. I gave mine tylenol and baby advil. I switched them one dose Tylenol then when it was time to re-up a dose of Advil. He just cut his seond tooth!

romance

One of the sinners
Jacob hasn't cut his first one yet. Which I am glad cause the old wives tell is that the longer they wait to cut teeth the stronger they will be.

I'm just having a hard time calming him down with this. I am trying the ice cube and the washclothe now. HOpefully it will work wonders.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Baby Vibrators

I was given a teething vibrator at my baby shower that worked well for my daughter. It has a handle and a soft rubber star shape that has different textures on each point and when she chewed on it, it vibrated. Put it in the freezer to get it cold as well. You can find them at Wal-Mart and the like.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Re: Baby Vibrators

Originally posted by RoseRed
I was given a teething vibrator at my baby shower that worked well for my daughter. It has a handle and a soft rubber star shape that has different textures on each point and when she chewed on it, it vibrated. Put it in the freezer to get it cold as well. You can find them at Wal-Mart and the like.

hrm...that sounds pretty cool. I have not heard of those before. but that sounds pretty cool!

K

Kizzy

Have you ever seen those rubber dog bones at the pet store?

They are small and the baby can hold it in their hands.

It works really well! My children used it.

Stop Laughing :roflmao: :roflmao:

They do work!