Where is it?

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Where's the big media coverage of The Daytona 500?

You know, the big media that plasters regular season baseball and boring basketball news on the front page every single morning.

:confused:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

I can't say I'm surprised. :ohwell:

Everyone's giving the NBA All Star Game (which nobody watches) front page publicity with the Daytona 500 stuff mired in backpages somewhere.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

This is a follow-up to this thread: http://forums.somd.com/news-current-events/164408-why.html

NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, CSN, SI, CNN all have no problem reporting about racial story involving NASCAR (see: race-baiting) but don't give a lick to a race that has 5 times as many viewers as their beloved NBA All Star Game.

And the media still doesn't report on the missing black girls, just the missing white ones... so their race-baiting is a little hypocritical.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
The corporate sponsors have spent all their money to put their name on the cars and didn't have excess funds to piss away in media coverage. :coffee:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

You know, the big media that plasters regular season baseball and boring basketball news on the front page every single morning.

You need to get some steroids or drivers shooting people at 3 am in strip clubs or domestic abuse or a kid napping or even some tax cheating if you want coverage. Drivers wife gang banged by the pit crew would work, too, especially if it's on camera phone video.

PrepH4U

Have to cutback everywhere, besides I think they believe the fans are "stimulated" enough!

B

Beaver-Cleaver

You need to get some steroids or drivers shooting people at 3 am in strip clubs or domestic abuse or a kid napping or even some tax cheating if you want coverage. Drivers wife gang banged by the pit crew would work, too, especially if it's on camera phone video.

Amazing, isn't it? :roflmao:

And they pull this race and gender card all the time but I have yet to see anyone outside the racing world mention Juan Montoya's win at Sonoma or Marc Davis, the very talented african-American driver from Silver Spring. Not even a blip about Alli Owens at Daytona (she's the one that's gonna break the barrier that's as old as the sport itself). Nothing on the Daytona 500, where the favorite to win is Mark Martin (and that would be an incredible story). Nothing.

But... racism and sexism.... oh noesz! :cds:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Meanwhile, they plaster Danica Patrick everywhere because she's willing to take her clothes off and whore herself out to the big media like she does. :rolleyes:

They managed to crucify the sport after the death of greatest driver that ever stepped foot inside a racecar.

I also couldn't help but notice they don't give ice hockey any coverage either.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Hate to break it to you but

NASCAR will not be on major networks for much longer. Put it in the book.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

NASCAR will not be on major networks for much longer. Put it in the book.

It'll stay on FOX for a long time. NASCAR may not get as much money for it, but FOX will keep it. NASCAR still scores far more viewers than any other professional sport except football.

I'd love to see NASCAR get the eff off of ESPN and ABC. :yay: