Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Mary's Pigskin Football

Nope the mothers of the soccer players (not "Soccer Moms") are cooler than the football moms!

Originally posted by huntr1
    Nope the mothers of the soccer players (not "Soccer Moms") are cooler than the football moms!
    Are not!
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

Originally posted by Christy
    Are not!
    Are so!

Originally posted by huntr1
    Are so!
    Keep it up buddy and I'll make another ghey poll and resolve this argument for good! Hrmph!
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

Loyalty, Friendship, Love Dymphna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I am ever a football mom, it won't be with number one son. In the last year, he grew two inches and lost a pound. At 5 yrs old, he is 38 lbs. He is the smallest kid on the soccer team and the slowest. It looks like he's going to be a brainy kid though.

Number 2 son is 2 1/2. He is a little stockier and much more rugged. He might be a football player if he wants.

Originally posted by cmcdanal
    If I am ever a football mom, it won't be with number one son. In the last year, he grew two inches and lost a pound. At 5 yrs old, he is 38 lbs. He is the smallest kid on the soccer team and the slowest. It looks like he's going to be a brainy kid though.

Number 2 son is 2 1/2. He is a little stockier and much more rugged. He might be a football player if he wants.
    You'd be surprised. Some of the scrawnier kids are the toughest. I think when they get those pads on they feel invincible.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by cmcdanal

kicker

But wait, there's more... crabcake's Avatar
    Originally posted by Christy
    Heck no! You never get a schedule! Sheesh, you're definitely a pigskin "newbie" Our games have always been at the same time every Saturday though, so we just show up at 10:30 and play around noonish.

We have a totally awesome coach(s) as well Sunny. We've been fortunate to have awesome coaches the entire three years my kid has played.
    I'm glad your team is more 'together'. Ours isn't. We drove from place to place two weeks ago trying to find the game, only to show up at half-time with only 3 cheerleaders.

Is soccer done through the same league? I think we'll give that a shot next season.
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

We also did a year of soccer and it totally sucked! Football moms are cooler and less uptight! And some of our smallest boys on the team are the toughest! I am glad my son loves football because that soccer stuff is BORING. The boys on our team always look over at the soccer field and say, "look at the grass faires" I had to let them know that all boys are not cut out for football.

But wait, there's more... crabcake's Avatar
    Originally posted by sunnydaze
    We also did a year of soccer and it totally sucked! Football moms are cooler and less uptight! And some of our smallest boys on the team are the toughest! I am glad my son loves football because that soccer stuff is BORING. The boys on our team always look over at the soccer field and say, "look at the grass faires" I had to let them know that all boys are not cut out for football.
    If I wasn't afraid of my little girl being shoved on the field, I'd let her play football. She'd probably kick some of the boys' azzes But she's in cheerleading now. She loves to run though, so I thought soccer might suit her better, and she likes it, so we'll see.
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Members who have read this thread: 7