Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Mary's Pigskin Football

Originally posted by crabcake
    If I wasn't afraid of my little girl being shoved on the field, I'd let her play football. She'd probably kick some of the boys' azzes But she's in cheerleading now. She loves to run though, so I thought soccer might suit her better, and she likes it, so we'll see.
    Well of course she'd be shoved on the field! It's football! I'd let her try it, I bet she'd have a blast! I've seen a few girls playing in the league.
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

Ten Miles of Bad Road For Every Hood in Town...
    Hey Christy..... I think I'd like to come with you Saturday. I'd like to see the "father of the year" spending quality time with his son like he claims he does EVERY Saturday.
    I've been living my life, okay? I've been in good relationships and I've been in ####ty ones... and I've moved alot... and I've been happy, and I've been sad... and I've been lonely... and that is what I've been doing. Which is a lot more then I can say for some freak, who thinks he's gonna get the Ebola virus from a bowl of mixed nuts. ~ Along Came Polly

Originally posted by pixiegirl
    Hey Christy..... I think I'd like to come with you Saturday. I'd like to see the "father of the year" spending quality time with his son like he claims he does EVERY Saturday.
    Sounds like a plan. Find out what time his game is and we'll be there.
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

But wait, there's more... crabcake's Avatar
    Originally posted by Christy
    Well of course she'd be shoved on the field! It's football! I'd let her try it, I bet she'd have a blast! I've seen a few girls playing in the league.
    yea, but she's my little girl If one of those boys made her cry, I'd be out there opening up a can of whoop-azz on 'em, which wouldn't be right b/c it's football and that's what they're supposed to do. so it's best I don't let her.
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Ten Miles of Bad Road For Every Hood in Town...
    yea, but she's my little girl If one of those boys made her cry, I'd be out there opening up a can of whoop-azz on 'em, which wouldn't be right b/c it's football and that's what they're supposed to do. so it's best I don't let her.
    That's when you tell her "There's no crying in football! Now get out there and kick their stinkin' a$$es!"
    I've been living my life, okay? I've been in good relationships and I've been in ####ty ones... and I've moved alot... and I've been happy, and I've been sad... and I've been lonely... and that is what I've been doing. Which is a lot more then I can say for some freak, who thinks he's gonna get the Ebola virus from a bowl of mixed nuts. ~ Along Came Polly

Okay, you're DEFINITELY a soccer mom!

Wuss!

Loyalty, Friendship, Love Dymphna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is soccer done through the same league? I think we'll give that a shot next season.
    Soccer is a different group of organizers. Judging by the comments made here about the football league, sounds like the soccer league is much more together. Some of it varies coach to coach, but for the most part they have their acts together.

But wait, there's more... crabcake's Avatar
    I want her in a sport, and I just want a schedule is it too much to ask for an idea of when the games are or when the by-week is? My mom is coming this weekend, and if it's the by-week, she is gonna be piiizzzzzzzed off! Of course, maybe that'll allow me to delay her visit a week.
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

I want her in a sport, and I just want a schedule is it too much to ask for an idea of when the games are or when the by-week is? My mom is coming this weekend, and if it's the by-week, she is gonna be piiizzzzzzzed off! Of course, maybe that'll allow me to delay her visit a week.
    So sign her up for soccer. There are boys and girls on all the teams, and we got a schedule for the entire season the Monday (or Wed.) before the first game. We already knew that he would have a game every Sat. until the middle/end of Nov.

Originally posted by huntr1
    So sign her up for soccer. There are boys and girls on all the teams, and we got a schedule for the entire season the Monday (or Wed.) before the first game. We already knew that he would have a game every Sat. until the middle/end of Nov.
    Everyone in the football league knows there is a game every Saturday as well, just never the time. I've yet to figure out why it's so difficult to just make a schedule and be done with it. Don Kemp is a pain in my azz, but my kid loves the sport and the coaches are awesome, soooo we'll be stickin with it.

Members who have read this thread: 7