Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Mary's Pigskin Football

But wait, there's more... crabcake's Avatar
    we know there's a game every saturday (except whenever this by-week thing is), but the times fluctuate, as does the location.

I'll look into soccer for the spring
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

The reason we don't get a football schedule is because they have alot of teams to match up and they need to make sure that there will be enough referees at every game. When we were doing soccer they had 12 year old kids that were referees. You can't do that in football, it is to dangerous to have a 12 year old making calls. They also like to match up teams according to their abilities. They don't want really good teams playing the under dog team every week. So it is just easier to sort of watch week to week to see who will be a good match up. We have been doing football for the last 6 years in this county, and it has been good. Maybe they are not the most organized but Don Kemp does make sure that your childs equipment especially helmet is a correct fit. They also give out awesome trophies to the football players and cheerleaders at the end of the season. Don't sit back and complain if you are not willing to volunteer, the more volunteers this league has then the smoother it would run. We are in desperate need for cheeleading coaches every year- all the mommies sit back and complain but none want to get off their butts and help out to make things better!

Sunny, I don't think the disorganization comes from lack of volunteers, it comes from lack of communication on high.

I can't complain about our schedule. So far our games have been the same place same time every Saturday, as it was last year. We had a few games where they changed the times and places, but overall, it was pretty consistent.
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

Oh but it is from lack of volunteers, if we had more moms volunteer to coach cheerleading then the teams would have been formed earlier and they could have started praacticing earlier. If we had more referees volunteer then the games could be easier to schedule. I agree the people at the top are not the most organized but I think more people need to step up instead of wasting time complaining.

I am glad you guys are having a good season!

Originally posted by sunnydaze
    Oh but it is from lack of volunteers, if we had more moms volunteer to coach cheerleading then the teams would have been formed earlier and they could have started praacticing earlier. If we had more referees volunteer then the games could be easier to schedule. I agree the people at the top are not the most organized but I think more people need to step up instead of wasting time complaining.

I am glad you guys are having a good season!
    Actually, Crabby and I think a few other women who've posted on here, tried and tried to volunteer and were given the big blow off.
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

But wait, there's more... crabcake's Avatar
    to what Christy said. We were told we had to get certified to become an assistant coach and there was one remaining course which was the following night -- not good enough notice to get a sitter on a weeknight until 9 or 10 p.m.

I agree that communication is the #1 problem. Our coach (whom we've helped out quite a bit) wasn't getting info from the overall cheerleading coach, who assumed she knew it all. How do you know what you need if you don't know what you need?

How's this ... we have, what 3 or 4 games left? Why is it that our girls STILL have no pom-poms? Didn't they know they'd need 'em?

If you know you are gonna have 13 games each weekend, you know you need referrees for 'em. Why can't the organizers take the referrees availability, and fit them in slots and make a schedule? the NFL does it ... it's called planning.

I'm not bitching without trying to do something about it, but there's not enough time left now to do much. I want my kid in sports instead of less-than-desireable activities, but it's not making it easy for the parents to keep their kids in 'em when there's little communication.

I said it before: Bush had an attack plan for Iraq faster than the league could organize these teams (and it's not like it's the first year for it!).
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Originally posted by crabcake
    I'll look into soccer for the spring
    Do they do football in the spring???
    A dream is a wish your heart makes when you are fast asleep

Have a heart - Foster the Future

Originally posted by tys_mommy
    Do they do football in the spring???
    Nope, just the fall.

I agree it is crazy that the cheerleaders have not received their pom-poms yet, but on the same token how can you compare pigskin football to the NFL. That is the parents problems now they think that this league is the mini-NFL. We don't have referees like the NFL because our referees are volunteer-not paid. The Kemp's have been running this league for 20 years I doubt some whining parents even bother them.

Originally posted by sunnydaze
    I doubt some whining parents even bother them.
    Come on, Sunny, spice it up, the board is lame today, we need a big fight..tell em all what low life jerks most of the parents are..
    “If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Members who have read this thread: 7