Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Mary's Pigskin Football

But wait, there's more... crabcake's Avatar
    Originally posted by sunnydaze
    I agree it is crazy that the cheerleaders have not received their pom-poms yet, but on the same token how can you compare pigskin football to the NFL. That is the parents problems now they think that this league is the mini-NFL. We don't have referees like the NFL because our referees are volunteer-not paid. The Kemp's have been running this league for 20 years I doubt some whining parents even bother them.
    my point is "organization" and the lack of it is what keeps parents from volunteering. My coach and other moms on the team have said this from experience with previous years.

personally, I think it's sad that they've been doing this for 20 years, yet still keep facing the same problems year after year, apparently. Maybe it's time for someone else to take it over. If I could, I would. I'd volunteer to help though. But not under the current circumstances.
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

My point exactly....don't complain

Loyalty, Friendship, Love Dymphna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know anything about the football league in St. M's but my brothers played as kids for the Waldorf Wildcats, starting about 28 years ago. They always were very organized. They always knew were and when all their games were at the beginning of the season. The only thing they didn't know was about the bowl games.

If the problem is getting people to volunteer as referees, why can't high school kids do it? It would count towards their community service and I bet the high school football players would love to do their service with a game they enjoy. They understand the game and the rules as well or better than parents do and would make the best refs. There are 3 high schools. I assume each has a varsity and junior varsity team, each with about 20-30 players, that's about 120 kids who know the rules and can be refs. All they need to do is recruit these kids.

I paid for it, and I offered to volunteer. I'll complain as much as my heart desires.

Crabby Patty...do you play in the South, Central or North?

I would complain if my girl didn't have pom poms. That's the coolest part of the cheerleading experience. I think the point that crabby is trying to make and what I've witnessed in my three years of being involved in it, is that there are some things that simply shouldn't be so screwed up. I don't think lack of volunteers have much to do with not ordering pom poms. You have the kids signed up and farmed out to a squad at least a month before opening day. You can also set a date for central weigh in, uniform issue etc... more than a few days in advance of it actually happening.
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

We practice at L.M.D. and have played there and Dorsey. Couldn't tell ya when or where else we're gonna play because we don't have a schedule.

Are you one of the organizers SD? You seem to take my criticism of the league management quite personally. If they are providing a service to the country residents, the only way problems get addressed and solved is for people to bring 'em up. Maybe then they'll get more volunteers. Maybe they should hold a participants meeting instead of just coaches to get things back on track. Our team has discussed a lot of things that could be easy fixes to the problems. But the league leadership just turned a blind eye when we addressed them.

Originally posted by Christy
    I would complain if my girl didn't have pom poms. That's the coolest part of the cheerleading experience. I think the point that crabby is trying to make and what I've witnessed in my three years of being involved in it, is that there are some things that simply shouldn't be so screwed up
    thank you Christy. i'd like the league managers to come down and explain to the five year old girls who cheer their hearts out why they don't have 'em but the other girls do.

I find it hard to believe that you volunteered to coach and were rejected. Not even the biggest rejects get rejected in this league.
    I am not an official I have just been around for 6 years and like I said, I agree that the girls should have definetly received their pom-poms by now, and I know that this league is far from perfect...I also have a 7 year old daughter cheering, but she does not cry about the pom-poms, because we don't allow the parents to complain around the girls or it will rub off on them,
    and then it will effect their team. We are having fun with or without pom-poms.

Blog Entries
    MM corn?

Members who have read this thread: 7