Orchard Park man charged with beheading wife

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"Orchard Park police are investigating a particularly gruesome killing, the beheading of a woman, after her husband — an influential member of the local Muslim community — reported her death to police Thursday.

Police identified the victim as Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37. Detectives have charged her husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, with second-degree murder.

"He came to the police station at 6:20 p.m. [Thursday] and told us that she was dead," Orchard Park Police Chief Andrew Benz said late this morning.

Muzzammil Hassan told police that his wife was at his business, Bridges TV, on Thorn Avenue in the village. Officers went to that location and discovered her body."

More at: Prominent Orchard Park man charged with beheading his wife : Police Blotter : The Buffalo News

K

Kain99

How could one do this, to a person that they once loved? So much evil.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Muzzammil Hassan is the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV, which he launched in 2004, amid hopes that it would help portray Muslims in a more positive light.
One step forward, one step back. Sometimes two or three steps back. Not a good day to be on their team.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
An Islamist TV channel I might add. This bit is almost funny.

Muzzammil Hassan is the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV, which he launched in 2004, amid hopes that it would help portray Muslims in a more positive light.

But wait, CAIR loved this guy!

The founder and CEO of the Islamist channel Bridges TV, arrested today for beheading his wife after she filed for divorce, was given an award in 2007 by the Hamas-linked Council on American Islamic Relations.​

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Police identified the victim as Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37. Detectives have charged her husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, with second-degree murder.

Second degree?

:lol:

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.

Nobody plans to cut the old ladies head off. No thought goes into that, nah. It just...happens.

:killingme <------ that's double funny.

bcp

In My Opinion
Second degree?

:lol:

Nobody plans to cut the old ladies head off. No thought goes into that, nah. It just...happens.

:killingme <------ that's double funny.
I think we are being a little harsh until all the facts come out.
what if he was carving up the dinner ham,, I mean, lamb and as a sufferer of parkinsons, his wife should have known better than to get around him when he was working with his 16" carving untensils.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Hasan Chop!!!

Headless body in gutless press

Just asking, but are beheadings common in western New York? I used to spend a lot of time in that neck of the woods and I don't remember decapitation as a routine form of murder. Yet the killing of Aasiya Hassan seems to have elicited a very muted response.

When poor Mrs Hassan's husband launched his TV network to counter negative stereotypes of Muslims, he had no difficulty generating column inches, as far afield as The Columbus Dispatch, The Detroit Free Press, The San Jose Mercury News, Variety, NBC News, the Voice of America and the Canadian Press. The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle put the couple on the front page under the headline "Infant TV Network Unveils The Face Of Muslim News".

But, when Muzzammil Hassan kills his wife and "the face of Muslim news" is unveiled rather more literally, detached from her corpse at his TV studios, it's all he can do to make the local press. LINK