Moving to MD -California vs. Leonardtown

space.chick09

Are there any other apartments in California, MD than Wildewood? Is Leonardtown a nice place to live? How are the apartments in either place? I was told to stay away from Waldorf and Lexington Park...

I am from the Midwest and will be moving there soon. Just want to have an idea during my apartment search. :howdy:

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
Abberly Crest Apartments - Apartments in Lexington Park, MD

Are you coming to work at NAS PAX? If so waldorf is about an hour away from it..

I cant really think of many apartment buildings in leonardtown...but it is a nice place to live...

There are a few apartment building south of the base that are real nice... they are however in lexington park but i doubt thats what people were refering to when they told you to avoid lexington park.. they were most likley refering to the great mills area of lexington park but thats just a guess..

:howdy:

Spyglass at Cedar Cove Apartments - Lexington Park, MD - Apartment Homes For Rent

Last edited:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Abberly Crest Apartments - Apartments in Lexington Park, MD

Are you coming to work at NAS PAX? If so waldorf is about an hour away from it..

I cant really think of many apartment buildings in leonardtown...but it is a nice place to live...

There are a few apartment building south of the base that are real nice... they are however in lexington park but i doubt thats what people were refering to when they told you to avoid lexington park.. they were most likley refering to the great mills area of lexington park but thats just a guess..[/COLOR]

:howdy:

Spyglass at Cedar Cove Apartments - Lexington Park, MD - Apartment Homes For Rent

I have lived in St.Mary's county for 40 years now this time and I have no clue where you are talking about. There is no GREAT MILLS AREA of Lexington Park.

:itisbettertoremainsiclenandbethoughafoolthenopenyourmouthandremovealldoubt:

MissKitty

I have lived in St.Mary's county for 40 years now this time and I have no clue where you are talking about. There is no GREAT MILLS AREA of Lexington Park.

:itisbettertoremainsiclenandbethoughafoolthenopenyourmouthandremovealldoubt:

:silentyoubigdummy:

MissKitty

Hey bigger dummy. I was typing with such small print I could not tell. Spell check doesn't work on this machine and with a runonsentenceiknowitwouldblowafuse.

:myprintisthesamesize.itchangesafteripostit.what'supyourassyoubigdummy?:

GoodnessME

Are there any other apartments in California, MD than Wildewood? Is Leonardtown a nice place to live? How are the apartments in either place? I was told to stay away from Waldorf and Lexington Park...

I am from the Midwest and will be moving there soon. Just want to have an idea during my apartment search. :howdy:

SpyGlass is a good place. Might need a roomie--depends on your $$$$ SITUATION.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Totally agree, very nice rental's in Lexington Park off of Willows road and Cedar Cove area near gate 3 of NAS Pax River. Many in the Cedar Cove area have beach access and within minutes to the base. Yes stay off the Great Mills Road area of Lexington Park but it's comical how people will jump and say stay out of Lexington Park when California, Wildwood, etc are all within a 5-10 minutes drive from each other!!! :dye:

Noc1ue4me

Would you be interested in renting a house with about a 1/2 acre of land w/a 4 car detached garage? $1500 month!!! PM me if interested.

space.chick09

Thanks everyone!

I think that I have enough info to make a decision because I will be working at PAX NAS. As far as a room mate goes, I have a fiance. ;-)

I really liked hearing from some people that actually live in the area. If there are any more suggestions then please feel free to post them! :yay:

glitch

Devil's Advocate

Only thing to keep in mind if you do choose Leonardtown, you'll have to pay a city tax as well as a state and county. Don't live there so I have no clue how much it is. Just wanted to mention it.

For me, the Leonardtown area is much more desirable than the Lexington Park and California areas. I guess California is a little better than Lexington Park, but it's really just a better section of the same congested area.

In the Leonardtown area, you still have relatively quick access to the things you need (e.g. shopping, food, the job centers), but you don't have to deal with the congestion as much. There's more breathing room. Whenever I drive into Lexington Park (and even California to a smaller degree) I feel like a rat stuck in a cage - I can't wait to get out of the area and back to 'freedom'. But then again, different people have different sensibilities, so some people prefer that area.

I would say this - if you're more of a city person, you may prefer the California area and if you're more of a rural person, you may prefer the Leonardtown area. (And by Leonardtown area I don't mean the actual town, but rather central, western St. Mary's County.)

Only thing to keep in mind if you do choose Leonardtown, you'll have to pay a city tax as well as a state and county. Don't live there so I have no clue how much it is. Just wanted to mention it.

That's true, but only for the actual incorporated town - not the area in general.

Noc1ue4me

Actually, south of the base is nice -- very little traffic and lots of trees and space -- Don't rule out St Inigoes, Ridge or Dameron!