Illegals Getting Robbed

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
This is a sad read. I wish these people would just go home.

Many bluntly assigned a racial component, saying that it was “los morenos” — their colloquial term for blacks — who were after them. “When we are leaving here after work, we have to go on foot,” Mr. Billado said, speaking through an interpreter. “The blacks are waiting for us. They’ll beat you up. They’ll take your money.”

Such incidents can occur more than once a week, Mr. Billado said.

The police, the men said, either ignore their calls, admonish them for being in the country illegally or arrive too late at a crime scene to do any good.

“The blacks know when we have cash,” said Juan Guillermo Medina, another waiting worker. “Yes, it’s dangerous. But we have to be here. It’s the risk we run.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/16/us/16hispanic.html

:coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
no, you dont have to be here, go the hell back home and be safe.[/B]

...with the drugs and corruption and poverty...

Oh. Wait....

:jet:

Criminal on criminal crime doesn't disturb me as much as when the victim is innocent. Sorry. The thugs shouldn't be robbing people, but the illegals shouldn't be here to *be* robbed. And these thugs certainly are aware that the cops don't give a crap if some other criminal is a crime victim.

On another note, I find it interesting that born-here Americans are supposedly unemployed and wondering where their next meal is coming from, yet Mexicans who jump the border don't seem to have a problem finding a job at all.

"Saint Obama! Saint Obama! We don't have jobs and can't afford to feed our families! Help us! Help!"
Well, uh, my uh suggestion is that uh you go over to Mexico, uh and become a Mexican uh citizen, then uh come back uh here illegally. You uh will then uh have your pick of uh jobs.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Oh. Wait....

Criminal on criminal crime doesn't disturb me as much as when the victim is innocent. Sorry. The thugs shouldn't be robbing people, but the illegals shouldn't be here to *be* robbed. And these thugs certainly are aware that the cops don't give a crap if some other criminal is a crime victim.

On another note, I find it interesting that born-here Americans are supposedly unemployed and wondering where their next meal is coming from, yet Mexicans who jump the border don't seem to have a problem finding a job at all.

"Saint Obama! Saint Obama! We don't have jobs and can't afford to feed our families! Help us! Help!"
Well, uh, my uh suggestion is that uh you go over to Mexico, uh and become a Mexican uh citizen, then uh come back uh here illegally. You uh will then uh have your pick of uh jobs.

Okay. That made me laugh. :killingme

Cowgirl

There have been several robberies not far from us lately. They're targeting hispanics. Passing them on the road, then blocking the road and robbing them at gunpoint. The robbers know they'll get cash. I was pretty disturbed when I heard, because that area is incredibly rural (and I thought peaceful).

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
It’s the risk we run.
How interesting that they consider that small part of their day risky, yet they do not consider crossing the border and facing the theoretical possibility of being arrested anytime 24/7 risky much at all. Something backwards there alright.

:lmao: And that would be with a teleprompter.

The robbers know they'll get cash.
They know those people can't have bank accounts and get paid under the table, so... easy pickings.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Where's Al & Jesse, organizing marches? Civil rights being violated here.

When do you think we'll see this same story in the washington post???

tygrace

Oh. Wait....

I'm curious if you think that non-hispanics work just as hard as they do when the job is the worst of the worst you can think of. IMO "most" not "all" non-hispanics feel they are to good to do that kind of work. I realize that hispanics are paid alot less, but "most" not "all", will do whatever they are asked of-the nastiest job.
Maybe if "most" not "all", non-hispanics weren't to good to do the jobs that they do, they would have a job.
That being said, I do NOT feel they should be here illegally.

This_person

The vast majority of them don't get paid under the table, they just don't keep their money in banks.
If they're here illegally, they don't have a legal SSN/Taxpayer ID. How would they get paid legally without being an identity thief (as well as illegal alien)?

My guess is, the vast majority get paid illegally, too.

Cowgirl

If they're here illegally, they don't have a legal SSN/Taxpayer ID. How would they get paid legally without being an identity thief (as well as illegal alien)?

My guess is, the vast majority get paid illegally, too.

They get fake SSNs and cards. :shrug: It's fairly easy for them to do. They get paychecks and pay taxes.

This_person

They get fake SSNs and cards. :shrug: It's fairly easy for them to do. They get paychecks and pay taxes.
Those "fake" numbers are somebody's numbers. Otherwise, the IRS would kick them back and investigate much sooner.

For the company to provide the taxes to the IRS, I'm guessing that the IRS actually inputs the numbers somewhere, and recognizes they're not valid numbers. So, either the company does not send the money to the IRS (ie, they may get taxes deducted from their check, but that's not going into the national coffers), or they don't actually get paid legally.

Can some business owner (Larry? Vrai?) out there back me up and suggest how someone with an invalid SSN or tax-payer ID number would continue to get paid legally for any length of time, with the tax money being deposited and kept in the Treasury?

Cowgirl

Those "fake" numbers are somebody's numbers. Otherwise, the IRS would kick them back and investigate much sooner.

For the company to provide the taxes to the IRS, I'm guessing that the IRS actually inputs the numbers somewhere, and recognizes they're not valid numbers. So, either the company does not send the money to the IRS (ie, they may get taxes deducted from their check, but that's not going into the national coffers), or they don't actually get paid legally.

Can some business owner (Larry? Vrai?) out there back me up and suggest how someone with an invalid SSN or tax-payer ID number would continue to get paid legally for any length of time, with the tax money being deposited and kept in the Treasury?

D and I both worked for companies who hired many illegals. All I know is that they required a SSN in order to hire someone. Many of the illegals would go to PA to get SSNs, tags, and other paperwork to show they were legal (all fake, of course). The companies had no way of checking to make sure they were legal if they had a SSN (or at least they say they don't know how to check). The employees get regular paychecks. I'm not sure the technicalities, but they're not getting paid cash.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Neither Larry nor I have ever employed an illegal, that I'm aware of, but I do know someone who has an awful lot of Mexicans working for him - he almost certainly has a few illegals in the mix. But I'm pretty sure he isn't paying them cash and goes by the book as far as registering them.

In MD, you not only collect a W-3 but you have to register new hires with the state as well. They do this to nab child support deadbeats, but it could just as easily work for catching illegals.

My guess is that the government just doesn't care. Sure, there are a ton of day workers getting paid under the table, but I'm certain a large number of illegals have a bogus SSN and get paid by check, with taxes taken out and the whole nine yards. So, if my assumption is correct, that means the IRS doesn't report them or doesn't care enough to even check them out.