The Party That Lost Its Mind

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
The New Majority | Building a conservatism that can win again

"Have you heard about the marsh mouse? The little swamp critter that got $30 million of stimulus bill spending thanks to Nancy Pelosi? Of course you have! The mouse was highlighted on Drudge and chortled over by Glenn Beck. One Republican congressman actually dandled a toy mouse in debate.

The story’s not false exactly. The stimulus money really does contain money for wetlands restoration. One of the wetlands that might benefit really is located on San Francisco Bay. And the marsh mouse really does live there.

So the Republicans who promoted the mouse story came closer to the truth than Nancy Pelosi’s spokesmen did when they blasted the story as a “fabrication.” I’m prepared to bet my share of the Obama tax cuts that the mouse will indeed get its money in the end.

The problem with the story is not that it was false. The problem with the story is that it was stupid.

The US economy has plunged into severe recession (94% of Americans describe economic conditions as “bad,” according to the Feb 2-4 CBS poll, and 51% say conditions are getting even worse).

President Obama and the Democrats have responded by steering the US radically to the left. Since World War II, the federal government has most years spent less than one dollar in five of national income. Once the stimulus gets underway, the federal government will spend more than one dollar in four. The cost of everything the Democrats want to do comes closer to one dollar in three.

We’re facing more regulation of everything from high finance to the ordinary workplace. The Democrats are expanding Medicaid to crowd out private insurance. The federal government wants a huge new role in redirecting private investment in transportation and energy in the name of “green jobs.”

And facing all this – we’re talking about mice?

Could we possibly act more inadequate to the challenge? More futile? More brain dead?"

Yes you can!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The marsh mouse was just an example of the pork that fills this "stimulus" bill - the bill that Obama says contains no pork or entitlement spending.

The Democrats are expanding Medicaid to crowd out private insurance.
I didn't think about this. What is Obama's plan for all the insurance agents he'll put out of business when he implements Socialized medicine?

bcp

In My Opinion
The marsh mouse was just an example of the pork that fills this "stimulus" bill - the bill that Obama says contains no pork or entitlement spending.

I didn't think about this. What is Obama's plan for all the insurance agents he'll put out of business when he implements Socialized medicine?
maybe he had a study done and discovered that the majority of those that would lose their jobs are white males.
The jobs being created would be filled by blacks (as per his advisors)

Its ok to put whites out of work, its all part of the plan to get rid of affirmative action.
once you get majority blacks paying to support majority non working whites, the program will be found to be racist and end.

Its all part of the overall reduction of government spending.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The New Majority | Building a conservatism that can win again

"Have you heard about the marsh mouse? The little swamp critter that got $30 million of stimulus bill spending thanks to Nancy Pelosi? Of course you have! The mouse was highlighted on Drudge and chortled over by Glenn Beck. One Republican congressman actually dandled a toy mouse in debate.

The story’s not false exactly. The stimulus money really does contain money for wetlands restoration. One of the wetlands that might benefit really is located on San Francisco Bay. And the marsh mouse really does live there.

So the Republicans who promoted the mouse story came closer to the truth than Nancy Pelosi’s spokesmen did when they blasted the story as a “fabrication.” I’m prepared to bet my share of the Obama tax cuts that the mouse will indeed get its money in the end.

The problem with the story is not that it was false. The problem with the story is that it was stupid.

The US economy has plunged into severe recession (94% of Americans describe economic conditions as “bad,” according to the Feb 2-4 CBS poll, and 51% say conditions are getting even worse).

President Obama and the Democrats have responded by steering the US radically to the left. Since World War II, the federal government has most years spent less than one dollar in five of national income. Once the stimulus gets underway, the federal government will spend more than one dollar in four. The cost of everything the Democrats want to do comes closer to one dollar in three.

We’re facing more regulation of everything from high finance to the ordinary workplace. The Democrats are expanding Medicaid to crowd out private insurance. The federal government wants a huge new role in redirecting private investment in transportation and energy in the name of “green jobs.”

And facing all this – we’re talking about mice?

Could we possibly act more inadequate to the challenge? More futile? More brain dead?"

Yes you can!

So you're saying no matter how bad the Republicans SAY the dems are, they are really 10 times worse?