Enviromentalism comming to a FARM near you

R

RadioPatrol

:killingme

You cannot make up stuff this good ..........

EDITORIAL: Agriculture has big role in environment

Earlier this month Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (of the Kennedy Kennedys) was asked at a congressional hearing if a 2002 over-the-top quote attributed to him - that hog farmers are a greater threat to Americans than Osama bin Laden - was accurate. "I don't know if that (quotation) is accurate, but I believe it and support it," said Kennedy, who has been waging a substantial legal fight against the meat industry for years.

One sentence in another recent news article backed up Kennedy's concerns and was dumbfounding: "The trillions of farm animals around the world generate 18 percent of the emissions that are raising global temperatures, according to United Nations estimates, more even than from cars, buses and airplanes." Hey, between the New York Times and the U.N., they couldn't make up this stuff, right? No wonder a 187-nation gathering of environment ministers held talks in December in Poznan, Poland, on a new treaty to combat global warning, with U.N. climate officials calling agriculture one of the two most "problematic" sectors, the other being transportation.

I guess they will ban HOG Farms (the mussies will be happy) next and when Millions more die ... it will somehow be the fault of Capitalism ...

not bad Environmental Policy .... :whistle:

Both ends of cows and other ruminants discharge flatus (mainly methane that traps heat 25 times more efficiently than carbon dioxide); animal manure contains not just methane but nitrous oxide, which is even more powerful a warming agent. Animals need a lot of land and feed such as soy, which contributes to clearing forests and their trees and vegetation that absorb carbon dioxide. Meat also requires refrigeration from farm to marketplace to home. Ever more animals are needed - in large developing countries like China, India and Brazil, meat consumption is soaring, and globally is expected to double between 2000 and 2050.

so they emit Greenhouse gases and require FF to keep cold after slaughter ...

There are various partial solutions short of the obvious one preferred by vegetarians (eat no meat) or dietitians (eat less meat)

Some do-gooders want a "sin tax" on pork and beef and, in Sweden, they now label food products so shoppers can tell how much emission can be attributed to steak compared to, say, turkey (a pound of beef has 11 times as much greenhouse gas emission as a pound of chicken and 100 times as much as a pound of carrots, a Swedish group says).

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
So when can we start measuring the Liberal Democrats ruminant discharges for the effects on the environment? I am sure there is some way of obtaining some Stimulus money for that and the eventual cleanup of their mess!