Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 466

Thread: CRE Are you ready for this?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In Maryland
    Posts
    3,351
    Blog Entries
    9

    CRE Are you ready for this?

    I just heard that they intend to bring a ballot question again to raise the dues.... in this economy....

    I also heard that they don't intend to allow us to vote up or down.... just how much up!

    I also heard that one of the amounts is an increase of the CPI over the past 10 years!


  2. #2
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17,737
    Quote Originally Posted by hotcoffee View Post
    I just heard that they intend to bring a ballot question again to raise the dues.... in this economy....

    I also heard that they don't intend to allow us to vote up or down.... just how much up!

    I also heard that one of the amounts is an increase of the CPI over the past 10 years!

    Fire the whole shiftless, worthless lot of them.
    "Conservatism is the new counter culture." - Lola Lee - youtuber

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BOP View Post
    Fire the whole shiftless, worthless lot of them.
    I'll vote for that.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hotcoffee View Post
    I just heard that they intend to bring a ballot question again to raise the dues.... in this economy....

    I also heard that they don't intend to allow us to vote up or down.... just how much up!

    I also heard that one of the amounts is an increase of the CPI over the past 10 years!

    You're telling us there isn't a cap on the amount CRE can increase dues each year? I find that very hard to believe, but if it is true, maybe it's time the members forced a ballot issue to change the by-laws!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hotcoffee View Post
    I just heard that they intend to bring a ballot question again to raise the dues.... in this economy....

    I also heard that they don't intend to allow us to vote up or down.... just how much up!

    I also heard that one of the amounts is an increase of the CPI over the past 10 years!

    It may be time for "Ranch Club Tea Party". Raising the dues for what? So more money can disappear with no accounting for it?? Someone needs to organize enough members to refuse to pay dues unless and until a full accounting of where each dollar goes is made. I know if we still owned property there I'd be first in line.

  6. #6
    VOTE OUT ALL THE INCUMBENTS!

    START OVER FRESH!

    Introduce an amendment to the By-Laws that has
    TERM LIMITS such that a board member cannot
    run for at least two terms after his/her term is over!

    TERM LIMITS should be for ONE TERM ONLY! This should
    also apply to Committes as well! The time of "dynasties"
    and "petty empires" are OVER!

    Yes, people SHOULD band together, meet OFF-SITE (to
    avoid intimidation by the Board) and get a slate of members
    together and run AS A GROUP against the sitting board!
    It was done before (CREPO) and it can be done again!
    As for term limits and getting things done, if the board
    does something actually beneficial, then the new group
    would have no problems supporting the efforts of their
    predecessors. For continuity, the terms of the board could
    be lengthened an extra year, but TERM LIMITS should be
    imposed!

    I'm surprised that there is not a class-action suit by members
    against the board and the corporation because of the lack
    of transparency, the secrecy, the outright contempt that
    the board shows towards the homeowners, and the scoffing
    at the State Sunshine Meeting Laws. (among other things)

    There are LESS employees, there is LESS work performed,
    there are MORE problems and there is MORE money being spent
    than ever before! As the litTle lady used to say..."Where's
    the beef?!"

    We have board members who have used their board positions
    to become major employees of POACRE, we have board members
    who have used their board positions to gain access and control
    over vital POACRE records and accounts, we have board members
    who have used their board positions to further their political
    agendas with the county (at POACRE expense) and we have
    had board members who have used their board positions to
    enhance their personal and occupational positions.

    IT'S TIME FOR A TEA PARTY! THROW 'EM OVERBOARD!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by woogie View Post
    VOTE OUT ALL THE INCUMBENTS!

    START OVER FRESH!

    Introduce an amendment to the By-Laws that has
    TERM LIMITS such that a board member cannot
    run for at least two terms after his/her term is over!

    TERM LIMITS should be for ONE TERM ONLY! This should
    also apply to Committes as well! The time of "dynasties"
    and "petty empires" are OVER!

    Yes, people SHOULD band together, meet OFF-SITE (to
    avoid intimidation by the Board) and get a slate of members
    together and run AS A GROUP against the sitting board!
    It was done before (CREPO) and it can be done again!
    As for term limits and getting things done, if the board
    does something actually beneficial, then the new group
    would have no problems supporting the efforts of their
    predecessors. For continuity, the terms of the board could
    be lengthened an extra year, but TERM LIMITS should be
    imposed!

    I'm surprised that there is not a class-action suit by members
    against the board and the corporation because of the lack
    of transparency, the secrecy, the outright contempt that
    the board shows towards the homeowners, and the scoffing
    at the State Sunshine Meeting Laws. (among other things)

    There are LESS employees, there is LESS work performed,
    there are MORE problems and there is MORE money being spent
    than ever before! As the litTle lady used to say..."Where's
    the beef?!"

    We have board members who have used their board positions
    to become major employees of POACRE, we have board members
    who have used their board positions to gain access and control
    over vital POACRE records and accounts, we have board members
    who have used their board positions to further their political
    agendas with the county (at POACRE expense) and we have
    had board members who have used their board positions to
    enhance their personal and occupational positions.

    IT'S TIME FOR A TEA PARTY! THROW 'EM OVERBOARD!
    Are you going to set this up? Where do we go from here?
    Meet Me On The Stairs




  8. #8
    I'll buy the domain if someone else can do the website construction.
    "Communication without Intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant." Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC

  9. #9
    C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS! mmesser0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MECHANICSVILLE
    Posts
    329
    haven't paid my dues yet that were due last year, and i'm getting foreclosed on(more than likely) so they aren't getting money this year either! the association is a huge joke!!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mmesser0 View Post
    haven't paid my dues yet that were due last year, and i'm getting foreclosed on(more than likely) so they aren't getting money this year either! the association is a huge joke!!!

    They will just put a lien on your property and when it is sold they will be paid for the proceeds. If your sale doesn't generate enough to pay all outstanding liens then you still owe the money!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |