Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CRE Are you ready for this?

Quote Originally Posted by CREResident View Post
    but please use the CRE personal forum as a means for organizing our efforts. I think using several approaches is necessary ---- hand out flyers and information on the corners (there's only so many ways in and out of CRE) is a very effective approach. And only so many people hop onto somd.com.

Get people to attend the membership meeting. But how about this? As members, isn't there a process for US to propose ballots of our own and make them appear on the ballot?

I'll personally dedicate a weekend to helping copy, to make posters, and to hand out flyers.

We also need responsible people to run for the board and board positions.... so the same cast of characters do not run unopposed.

I can't afford to pay my grocery bill, let alone give CRE more money to waste.

I thank you for this forum.

It will continue to serve as an organizational and information sharing medium. However, SOMD does not have the capacity to handle the rather large documents that everyone needs to see in order to make an informed decision. That means that a dedicated website be created as a place for
    downloadable data.

I also agree that the exchange of information must be transparent and open giving all the same information at the same time in the same way. That is difficult here.

A movement for a series of townhall type meetings is warranted, but there simply isn't any place outside CRE large enough to hold all that SHOULD attend. I don't think its a movement yet. Just a few advance disgruntled persons. The real movement won't come around until people start getting their bills.

There is also a whole lot of homework that needs to be done by anyone that would like a leadership role in this effort. They need to start now. You just don't go around pointing fingers and crying "shame and blame" without knowing just what you are complaing about (outside your own home).
    "Communication without Intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant." Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC

Blog Entries
    To accuse the current board with hiding their meetings and workings... then meeting on a private forum to form a solution... would be the same thing...

That's why I would suggest doing it on SOMD Online.... we don't need a lot of space to publish documents if we are beginning fresh.... The cleaner the better.... digging through those old documents bogged down the last attempt to go to vote....

This needs to be kept very simple to succeed....

That's my opinion

Please count me in also. Our family will help out in any way we can. We are also tired of paying yearly and seeing absolutely no benefits from the outlay.

hotcoffee;

The Board of Directors and Corporate Officers of POACRE are bound
    by law. rule and regulation to be transparent in their actions, meetings
    and dealings with the members of the Corporation.

The citizens and members of the Corporation ARE NOT BOUND by ANY
    of the above-mentioned when/if they choose to GATHER PRIVATELY
    to discuss problems, talk strategy or simply air grievances. The First
    Amendment of the United States Constitution protects these citizens
    and their right of peaceable assembly. The Fourth Amendment protects
    their privacy in these matters.

Remember, such a meeting is simply a gathering of individuals and NOT
    an Official Meeting of an Organization. If it were an Official Meeting of
    POACRE or any subset thereof, then the Sunshine Laws would require
    such transparency. As an aspiring politician you should be a little more
    familiar with things like law, rule, regulation and how they apply and who
    they apply to. Especially when it comes to the Constitution!

But then again, most politcians don't seem to care about the Constitution
    today ...

What about returning ballots with no vote on them for the increase? Wouldn't that work?

Using CRE Facilities

Since we CRE members own the amenities, can't we use the clubhouse to meet... and not pay because it's for our business. So what if Eney and the board shows up.... they should hear it... and they would not be controlling this meeting. Right?

but please use the CRE personal forum as a means for organizing our efforts. I think using several approaches is necessary ---- hand out flyers and information on the corners (there's only so many ways in and out of CRE) is a very effective approach. And only so many people hop onto somd.com.

Get people to attend the membership meeting. But how about this? As members, isn't there a process for US to propose ballots of our own and make them appear on the ballot?

I'll personally dedicate a weekend to helping copy, to make posters, and to hand out flyers.

We also need responsible people to run for the board and board positions.... so the same cast of characters do not run unopposed.

I can't afford to pay my grocery bill, let alone give CRE more money to waste.
    You should really seek some help for those control issues you have.
    "Conservatism is the new counter culture." - Lola Lee - youtuber

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by punchbuggy View Post
    What about returning ballots with no vote on them for the increase? Wouldn't that work?
    I don't know if that would work.... I thought of that at first but I wonder if they would count those ballots...

If it would work, then we need to get the word out to the majority of the members in good standing to vote that way.,,

We're going to have a problem with the vote this year... alot of our members cannot afford to be "in good standing".... so the vote count will be lower still...

Even if the member can't vote tho... they can inform members.... word of mouth is awesome....

Since we CRE members own the amenities, can't we use the clubhouse to meet... and not pay because it's for our business. So what if Eney and the board shows up.... they should hear it... and they would not be controlling this meeting. Right?
    We should definitely attend the member meeting March 21st at 10AM.... Do you think we should be armed with our own ballot questions?

Why not meet here... on line? Is that an option?

Quote Originally Posted by punchbuggy View Post
    They just would not be counted.

Even if they got 1 vote back that was filled out, it would carry the election. That is why it is worded this way.

It is also the way the 1989 covenants vote was worded so that there was no negative response possible.
    "Communication without Intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant." Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by hotcoffee View Post

We're going to have a problem with the vote this year... alot of our members cannot afford to be "in good standing".... so the vote count will be lower still...
    If the vote is on changing the fees formula in the covenants, the "member in good standing" issue goes away. The covenants provide that "property owners" vote, NOT JUST ASSOCIATION MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING! And to top it off, those covenants still have Park Chesapeake and the Soundings named as voting members.

Simply put, the covenants are useless and need to be vacated and re-voted.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.