Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: CRE Are you ready for this?

Quote Originally Posted by CREResident View Post
    I DON'T SEE HOW WE CAN VOTE OUT THE BOARD....IF NO ONE IS WILLING TO RUN AGAINST CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS. MOST OF THE TIME, THEY RUN UNOPPOSED..... WHO'S WILLING TO RUN?
    Don't remove them. Make them irrelevent. .... Take away the illegally adopted covenants that they use as their power platform and make them operate from controllable bylaws.
    "Communication without Intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant." Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC

How difficult is it for the Board to publish what the increase will be used for? It doesn't have to be a mystery. That's what I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by punchbuggy View Post
    How difficult is it for the Board to publish what the increase will be used for? It doesn't have to be a mystery. That's what I don't get.
    they dont even send out the news letter anymore. If they really wanted our participation they would send out the RUT detailing what they plan to discuss at the meeting and what ballot initiatives they plan to present.
    I bet if they sent every member a letter saying that if they didn't come to the meeting in march the BOD would pass an initiative ensuring an increase in dues, the room would be packed.....

Blog Entries
    I think we might be clouding the immediate issue here.

The current ballot issue under discussion is a change of the M&O amount. That's in the bylaws... it has nothing to do with the covenants at this point... that doesn't come up again until after next year.

A bylaw change can be accomplished with a simple majority of the vote of members in good standing. If 5 members in good standing vote [and that's all the valid ballots they get] and 3 are in favor the ballot issue passes.

If we get mucked down with covenants talk... the ballot will go thru as it is proposed and the increase [some increase] will pass.....

Let's talk about covenants and running for the board later.... we need to discuss the bylaw change now... and how to get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hotcoffee View Post
    I think we might be clouding the immediate issue here.

The current ballot issue under discussion is a change of the M&O amount. That's in the bylaws... it has nothing to do with the covenants at this point... that doesn't come up again until after next year.

A bylaw change can be accomplished with a simple majority of the vote of members in good standing. If 5 members in good standing vote [and that's all the valid ballots they get] and 3 are in favor the ballot issue passes.

If we get mucked down with covenants talk... the ballot will go thru as it is proposed and the increase [some increase] will pass.....

Let's talk about covenants and running for the board later.... we need to discuss the bylaw change now... and how to get it out.

Sorry, but you are somewhat wrong here.

1) As it stands now the AUTHORITY for the M&O fees is in the covenents. No covenents, no M&O.

2) The covenents can be changed anytime. The 3 year renewal only applies to the AUTOMATIC renewal. The members can recall it ANYTIME.
    "Communication without Intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant." Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CREResident View Post
    I just don't want to air all our dirty laundry if not necessary. CRE already has a bad reputation...... and I'm trying to sell a house there....... dirty laundry on somd.com might deter a buyer from considering CRE. Despite all these issues... it's still a nice place to live... at least where our house is....

I don't think having a healthy discussion is "airing dirty laundry". Hiding in a private forum [even when it was the poacre.org forum] doesn't get the word out.

We need to let people know that this is coming. We need to get them to act. The number of valid ballots this year is going to be lower than ever, and we need to make sure that everyone that is capable, votes smart... we can't allow one vote to go in the trash can.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by exnodak View Post
    Sorry, but you are somewhat wrong here.

1) As it stands now the AUTHORITY for the M&O fees is in the covenents. No covenents, no M&O.

2) The covenents can be changed anytime. The 3 year renewal only applies to the AUTOMATIC renewal. The members can recall it ANYTIME.
    This year, we are only talking about the bylaws change to raise the fees.

Right now.... we need to keep it simple and focused....

I agree that we can recall the Covenants at any time with a majority of the members.... but it's not going to happen by July.... we need to focus if we are working to stop the pending rate increase.....

Then you can fry the bigger fish....

This year, we are only talking about the bylaws change to raise the fees.

Right now.... we need to keep it simple and focused....

I agree that we can recall the Covenants at any time with a majority of the members.... but it's not going to happen by July.... we need to focus if we are working to stop the pending rate increase.....

Then you can fry the bigger fish....
    I agree. Focusing on the covenents is the simple AND ONLY way to get to a point where we can start looking forward.

We must give up on trying to make a cancer into a unicorn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by exnodak View Post
    I agree. Focusing on the covenents is the simple AND ONLY way to get to a point where we can start looking forward.

We must give up on trying to make a cancer into a unicorn.

Well Exnodak.... people have been using that same tactic for years.... and it hasn't worked.

Year before last they wanted to raise the dues and the tactic I'm using worked..... Informed members will show up at meetings and then they will choose to vote....

We agree on the long term goal but we are not going to get this board to entertain the covenants issue... they are going to raise the rates in a time when people are loosing their homes if we don't change the ballot issue concerning bylaws this year.

On the future front.... write the new covenants.... or publish the old covenants [pre 1989] and have the new board bring them to the people in 2010 for an extended ballot time.....
    Last edited by hotcoffee; 02-26-2009 at 08:20 AM.

We agree on the long term goal but we are not going to get this board to entertain the covenants issue... they are going to raise the rates in a time when people are loosing their homes if we don't change the ballot issue concerning bylaws this year.

PLEASE STOP!

Of course we will not get the "Board" to entertain the covenant issues. That is up to the members to do and over ride the Board!!

Nobody CARES what the Board thinks anymore. They have become the enemy. Every well intentioned person that has joined the Board has eventually been overwhelmed by the amount of pressure they are put under to conform to the ideology of the few that think they continuously need more money and more power. They all eventually resign or become some kind of zombie parrot repeating the same mantra over and over again.

The Board has waged a war of diminishing returns by trying to make the covenants something they were never intended to be: an instrument of punishment and legal torture.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.