CRE Are you ready for this?

hotcoffee

I just heard that they intend to bring a ballot question again to raise the dues.... in this economy....

I also heard that they don't intend to allow us to vote up or down.... just how much up!

I also heard that one of the amounts is an increase of the CPI over the past 10 years!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

BOP

I just heard that they intend to bring a ballot question again to raise the dues.... in this economy....

I also heard that they don't intend to allow us to vote up or down.... just how much up!

I also heard that one of the amounts is an increase of the CPI over the past 10 years!

Fire the whole shiftless, worthless lot of them.

You're telling us there isn't a cap on the amount CRE can increase dues each year? I find that very hard to believe, but if it is true, maybe it's time the members forced a ballot issue to change the by-laws!

jedi2814

It may be time for "Ranch Club Tea Party". Raising the dues for what? So more money can disappear with no accounting for it?? Someone needs to organize enough members to refuse to pay dues unless and until a full accounting of where each dollar goes is made. I know if we still owned property there I'd be first in line.

woogie

VOTE OUT ALL THE INCUMBENTS!

START OVER FRESH!

Introduce an amendment to the By-Laws that has
TERM LIMITS such that a board member cannot
run for at least two terms after his/her term is over!

TERM LIMITS should be for ONE TERM ONLY! This should
also apply to Committes as well! The time of "dynasties"
and "petty empires" are OVER!

Yes, people SHOULD band together, meet OFF-SITE (to
avoid intimidation by the Board) and get a slate of members
together and run AS A GROUP against the sitting board!
It was done before (CREPO) and it can be done again!
As for term limits and getting things done, if the board
does something actually beneficial, then the new group
would have no problems supporting the efforts of their
predecessors. For continuity, the terms of the board could
be lengthened an extra year, but TERM LIMITS should be
imposed!

I'm surprised that there is not a class-action suit by members
against the board and the corporation because of the lack
of transparency, the secrecy, the outright contempt that
the board shows towards the homeowners, and the scoffing
at the State Sunshine Meeting Laws. (among other things)

There are LESS employees, there is LESS work performed,
there are MORE problems and there is MORE money being spent
than ever before! As the litTle lady used to say..."Where's
the beef?!"

We have board members who have used their board positions
to become major employees of POACRE, we have board members
who have used their board positions to gain access and control
over vital POACRE records and accounts, we have board members
who have used their board positions to further their political
agendas with the county (at POACRE expense) and we have
had board members who have used their board positions to
enhance their personal and occupational positions.

IT'S TIME FOR A TEA PARTY! THROW 'EM OVERBOARD!

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
VOTE OUT ALL THE INCUMBENTS!

START OVER FRESH!

Introduce an amendment to the By-Laws that has
TERM LIMITS such that a board member cannot
run for at least two terms after his/her term is over!

TERM LIMITS should be for ONE TERM ONLY! This should
also apply to Committes as well! The time of "dynasties"
and "petty empires" are OVER!

Yes, people SHOULD band together, meet OFF-SITE (to
avoid intimidation by the Board) and get a slate of members
together and run AS A GROUP against the sitting board!
It was done before (CREPO) and it can be done again!
As for term limits and getting things done, if the board
does something actually beneficial, then the new group
would have no problems supporting the efforts of their
predecessors. For continuity, the terms of the board could
be lengthened an extra year, but TERM LIMITS should be
imposed!

I'm surprised that there is not a class-action suit by members
against the board and the corporation because of the lack
of transparency, the secrecy, the outright contempt that
the board shows towards the homeowners, and the scoffing
at the State Sunshine Meeting Laws. (among other things)

There are LESS employees, there is LESS work performed,
there are MORE problems and there is MORE money being spent
than ever before! As the litTle lady used to say..."Where's
the beef?!"

We have board members who have used their board positions
to become major employees of POACRE, we have board members
who have used their board positions to gain access and control
over vital POACRE records and accounts, we have board members
who have used their board positions to further their political
agendas with the county (at POACRE expense) and we have
had board members who have used their board positions to
enhance their personal and occupational positions.

IT'S TIME FOR A TEA PARTY! THROW 'EM OVERBOARD!

Are you going to set this up? Where do we go from here?

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
haven't paid my dues yet that were due last year, and i'm getting foreclosed on(more than likely) so they aren't getting money this year either! the association is a huge joke!!!

dan0623_2000

haven't paid my dues yet that were due last year, and i'm getting foreclosed on(more than likely) so they aren't getting money this year either! the association is a huge joke!!!

They will just put a lien on your property and when it is sold they will be paid for the proceeds. If your sale doesn't generate enough to pay all outstanding liens then you still owe the money!!!

thatguy

now that they have shut down the CRE forums and dont release any information about the meetings, i guess they figure they can do whatever they want and we wont fight them.

if someone sets up a meeting to discuss what we can do about getting rid of this association i am in, and i will bring as many of my neighbors as i can to the table.

let me know.

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
They will just put a lien on your property and when it is sold they will be paid for the proceeds. If your sale doesn't generate enough to pay all outstanding liens then you still owe the money!!!

haven't heard from them since last August about it... and home goes into foreclosure next week..... and there definitely won't be any proceeds from the house... but i'm sure they will track us down somehow.. money hungry bastards

hotcoffee

You're telling us there isn't a cap on the amount CRE can increase dues each year? I find that very hard to believe, but if it is true, maybe it's time the members forced a ballot issue to change the by-laws!

When do we want to meet? Maybe the Water Company meeting room would be available... I am available any evening now....

It may be time for "Ranch Club Tea Party". Raising the dues for what? So more money can disappear with no accounting for it?? Someone needs to organize enough members to refuse to pay dues unless and until a full accounting of where each dollar goes is made. I know if we still owned property there I'd be first in line.

The policy was set up to allow for full accounting... and now they can produce an aged receivables and payables.... but we still get no reports.... I hear the Treasurer doesn't even get a copy of the checking statements....

Are you going to set this up? Where do we go from here?

I think we should organize... that's why I started the thread.... I am sick and tired of the waste..... Yes... I said waste....

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
When do we want to meet? Maybe the Water Company meeting room would be available... I am available any evening now....

The policy was set up to allow for full accounting... and now they can produce an aged receivables and payables.... but we still get no reports.... I hear the Treasurer doesn't even get a copy of the checking statements....

I think we should organize... that's why I started the thread.... I am sick and tired of the waste..... Yes... I said waste....

Just spoke with hubby about this... and he is for a meeting also. I know it has been a big topic at the bus stop in the mornings so I am sure a bunch of my neighbors would be interested also.

exnodak

Not the Water Company. They have to stay out of it for obvious reasons. Besides, I'm not sure if they would agree.

hotcoffee

Do you think we can get a room at the Southern Community Center?

There's a meeting scheduled by the Board March 21st at 10AM....

John Eney will be in charge...

Do we want to meet before this meeting? This meeting is probably when they will present the ballot questions to the "membership"...

Last edited:

CREResident

Join the New CRE Forum

I set up this new personal forum here at somd.com just for this purpose -- for CRE members to freely discuss this issues and plan action to take control of POACRE from boards who act in their own interests without informing or consulting the membership.

I'd like to see POACRE get back to the very basics..... reprogram all money to maintain the roads and amenities (lake, airport, stables, playground, etc...). That's it. Too much money is spent on other things and too much authority is supposed by the boards of CRE, authority that does not exist.

See below....

hotcoffee

I applaud you for setting up the private forum... but it's a "private" forum and in my opinion we need to do this very publically.... even the idea of another website would have to be attached to the open forum here.... in my opinion....

The last time we defeated the "powers" increase in fees... we had to stand on the corners at the entrance and pass out flyers....

Even now... we have to be members in good standing to vote and defeat the rate increase.....

I wouldn't mind a straight up or down CPI increase question.... but this is not up or down... this is how much.... and a lot of people are facing foreclosure or loss of employment.... what is wrong with this picture????

This should be done loud and in public.... I guess it's time to get in the newspapers again too....

CREResident

I agree 100%

but please use the CRE personal forum as a means for organizing our efforts. I think using several approaches is necessary ---- hand out flyers and information on the corners (there's only so many ways in and out of CRE) is a very effective approach. And only so many people hop onto somd.com.

Get people to attend the membership meeting. But how about this? As members, isn't there a process for US to propose ballots of our own and make them appear on the ballot?

I'll personally dedicate a weekend to helping copy, to make posters, and to hand out flyers.

We also need responsible people to run for the board and board positions.... so the same cast of characters do not run unopposed.

I can't afford to pay my grocery bill, let alone give CRE more money to waste.

I applaud you for setting up the private forum... but it's a "private" forum and in my opinion we need to do this very publically.... even the idea of another website would have to be attached to the open forum here.... in my opinion....

The last time we defeated the "powers" increase in fees... we had to stand on the corners at the entrance and pass out flyers....

This should be done loud and in public.... I guess it's time to get in the newspapers again too....

Last edited: