New Base Access Method

My Admin got an email from the NAS CO. They are doing away with the current method of obtaining a gate pass and going to a system called RapidGate.

According to the email:
If you hold a CAC card, you are exempt from this.
All brown badges will expire on 30-June.
The company or contractor requiring access for an individual must enroll and register their company.
An individual then applies for credentials. There is a fee associated with both steps, $199 for the company, $159 for the employee.
You can still gain access if your company chooses not to be a part of RapidGate, but your pass will be limited to one day, no extensions.

These are just the highlights. If you are a contractor requiring access to NAS at Pax and Webster Field, you may want to check with your security clearance person.

Agee

My Admin got an email from the NAS CO. They are doing away with the current method of obtaining a gate pass and going to a system called RapidGate.

According to the email:
The company or contractor requiring access for an individual must enroll and register their company.
An individual then applies for credentials. There is a fee associated with both steps, $199 for the company, $159 for the employee.
You can still gain access if your company chooses not to be a part of RapidGate, but your pass will be limited to one day, no extensions.

These are just the highlights. If you are a contractor requiring access to NAS at Pax and Webster Field, you may want to check with your security clearance person.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Any chance details are included on the NAVAIR website?

yankee44

According to the email:

We here at Indian Head have been on this for a year. The Rapid company will preform a back ground check on each individual requesting a pass. If that person has a shady past what so ever they will not be granted a pass.

I had one contractor denied a pass because when he was 16 he was busted spotlighting deer (he is now 45).

Just an FYI

Thanks for the heads-up!

Any chance details are included on the NAVAIR website?
dunno, I haven't looked yet.

We here at Indian Head have been on this for a year. The Rapid company will preform a back ground check on each individual requesting a pass. If that person has a shady past what so ever they will not be granted a pass.

I had one contractor denied a pass because when he was 16 he was busted spotlighting deer (he is now 45).

Just an FYI
Yikes.....

jetmonkey

Man, you guys just love to tell people you work for the government or a defense contractor and have access to secure facilities, lols. You should probably keep that information to your self :yay:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Just an FYI
See...I have a problem with that, if that was the ONLY reason, because someone should NOT be hindered in life so severely from something they did almost 30 years ago :boo:

Man, you guys just love to tell people you work for the government or a defense contractor and have access to secure facilities, lols. You should probably keep that information to your self :yay:

I agree. I know you were just trying to help out, GW, but information like this really wasn't sent out publicly by them, for a reason :shrug:

hokie11

I am SOOO glad they are getting rid of these stupid brown badges. I believe we are one of very few, if not the only base left, that use a separate pass just to get in the door. ive gone to 5-6 other bases for work and all i do is flash a CAC to get in with a rental agreement

aFTeRLiFe

:bigwhoop: Is someone going to assassinate them and take their pass or something??? What is the big deal.... :bigwhoop:

dustin

UAIOE
seems like every base is doing something different with whatever contractor for base access.

It still doesnt keep folks from losing their passes/badges/id cards and giving those with bad intentions access to bases as a result.

nomoney

Just an FYI

That really doesn't make sense, they look at juvenile records as well :confused:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
Did I read the OP correctly, as in if you have a CAC card then you are exempt from having to go through this whole RapidGate system and you can just use your CAC?

yankee44

In the case of everyone attempting to get single day passes, you bet!

It will slow down base entry. Each contractor with a Rapidgate pass has to have his badge scaned by the gate guard with a hand held scaner every time they enter the base.

IT DOES CAUSE BACK UPS!!!!!!!!!!!

hokie11

Did I read the OP correctly, as in if you have a CAC card then you are exempt from having to go through this whole RapidGate system and you can just use your CAC?

thats what i got out of it because almost all other bases ive been to (new river, lejeune, miramar, pendleton, edwards afb, etc) just require you to show your CAC + vehicle pass which is the only thing i had to go into the offices for

that has always made more sense because these lame brown badges are easily duplicated and have no authetic security markings like our CACs and CACs are recognized just about everywhere

hokie11

It will slow down base entry. Each contractor with a Rapidgate pass has to have his badge scaned by the gate guard with a hand held scaner every time they enter the base.

IT DOES CAUSE BACK UPS!!!!!!!!!!!

i highly doubt it will cause any more of a delay than them staring at my expiration date for several seconds. chances are itll just be a quick beep letting them know if its valid or not.