"Gentlemens Club" planned in St. Mary's ??

slowlane

The "Southern Maryland" section of the Washington Post, each Thursday, prints a map showing proposed commercial or housing projects in one of the three counties. The map on February 12, said that a "Gentlemens Club" is proposed for Loveville Road, just off Highway 235 (about where the clearing is, where the county busses stop). Do I take it, this term means a business with sexual entertainment? And most ironically this is in a Mennonite area. What do they think of this?

foodcritic

The "Southern Maryland" section of the Washington Post, each Thursday, prints a map showing proposed commercial or housing projects in one of the three counties. The map on February 12, said that a "Gentlemens Club" is proposed for Loveville Road, just off Highway 235 (about where the clearing is, where the county busses stop). Do I take it, this term means a business with sexual entertainment? And most ironically this is in a Mennonite area. What do they think of this?

There is an older building just off 235 on Loveville rd. I have noticed work going on there. That must be the place. I believe there used to be a bar there.....just another spot for trouble to "brew"

General Lee

There is an older building just off 235 on Loveville rd. I have noticed work going on there. That must be the place. I believe there used to be a bar there.....just another spot for trouble to "brew"

I believe the nickname of that place is "Coopers D's". And yes, it will be another typical trouble spot

Homer J

Power Chord
It's now called Knight or Night Life....I think. But there is also a bar on Loveville Rd.

Used to be called the Jolly Gents Sportsmans Club. I don't know that it is really a "Gentlemens" club so much as a private bar. Don't really have any info on it though because I've never been there.

belvak

Happy Camper
Used to be called the Jolly Gents Sportsmans Club. I don't know that it is really a "Gentlemens" club so much as a private bar. Don't really have any info on it though because I've never been there.

They always have a "booth" at the County Fair and Oyster Festival and serve pretty good BBQ!

W

White Buddah

It is now called the Knight Life. From what I have heard from different people, it is a predoninately (sp) black hang out. I don't know if it is a gentlemens club or just a private club.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Knight Life is a privately owned public bar, that has caused a number of serious accidents at that intersection, as well as numerous police calls due to blocking traffic etc., when the ball schedule begins as soon as the weather warms. This is the same following that was kicked out of the location on the right hand side of Loveville Road, just off rt 235 for the same reason. That place is a pig stye after every single event. Broken glass, trash and toilet paper everywhere. Seems folks feel the need to take a CRAP outside there....

RACE is not the issue for his customers. Their disgusting, rude, inconsiderate, filthy and even dangerous behavior is.

GREAAAAT just what the community needs, another Knight Life scenario, within the same 5 mile radius.

Last edited:

Zguy28

Knight Life is a privately owned public bar, that has caused a number of serious accidents at that intersection, as well as numerous police calls due to blocking traffic etc., when the ball schedule begins as soon as the weather warms. This is the same following that was kicked out of the location on the right hand side of Loveville Road, just off rt 235 for the same reason. That place is a pig stye after every single event. Broken glass, trash and toilet paper everywhere. Seems folks feel the need to take a CRAP outside there....

RACE is not the issue for his customers. Their disgusting, rude, inconsiderate, filthy and even dangerous behavior is.

GREAAAAT just what the community needs, another Knight Life scenario, within the same 5 mile radius.
When I was a kid, I went to a softball game with my Dad one time at that place. It was like a sea of debauchery afterward. All of my Dad's team rolled out pretty quick after the game.

The funny thing was I remember seeing my elementary principal there at the time, Mr. Bradford. :killingme

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
When I was a kid, I went to a softball game with my Dad one time at that place. It was like a sea of debauchery afterward. All of my Dad's team rolled out pretty quick after the game.

The funny thing was I remember seeing my elementary principal there at the time, Mr. Bradford. :killingme
Hasn't changed much then has it?