Closings never mention PAX?

Chrystee

Good luck, they never close the base. They have employees who have nothing else to do, but salt the damn roads.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Good luck, they never close the base. They have employees who have nothing else to do, but salt the damn roads.

That's not true. I've had to drive my daughter on base when she was "essential personnelz", and the base was closed.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
So far, for this inclement weather emergency and the last I have never once seen an update about whether or not the base is closing?

Schools sure, St. Mary's county government, sure, but never a peep about the base.

Anyone know where you are supposed to go for this information?

Don't you usually go to work on Monday?

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
Last time I remember it closing was 9/11. They might do liberal leave, but very unlikely they will close the base.

H

Hodr

Didn't realize it was such a touchy topic, seems like some of you are genuinely incensed that I would even ask about it. I just moved here not long ago, but at my old post they would close even if it only snowed for 5 minutes and didn't stick.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
IF PAX decides to close. PAX pays you. Slim chance of that happening. You are much more likely to hear Liberal Leave policy in effect.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Didn't realize it was such a touchy topic, seems like some of you are genuinely incensed that I would even ask about it. I just moved here not long ago, but at my old post they would close even if it only snowed for 5 minutes and didn't stick.

Don't pay attention to them - you only asked a simple question.

Chrystee

Has nothing to do with you at all.
Just miffed that the Government will close DC and surrounding areas, but we are expected to be at work, no matter what.