Anybody see?

HappyCats

The awesome, what we assume, blue lightning last night around 11 pm in Mechanicsville.... Amazing!!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The awesome, what we assume, blue lightning last night around 11 pm in Mechanicsville.... Amazing!!

What I saw was bright red and lit the entire sky up when I called 911 they said it's was a tranformer that blew. I was worried it may have been a house on fire, never seen anything like that.

HappyCats

What I saw was bright red and lit the entire sky up when I called 911 they said it's was a tranformer that blew. I was worried it may have been a house on fire, never seen anything like that.

Nope, ours was bright electric blue... It was stunning. It happened several times. Never seen anything like it before. It definitely wasn't a transformer.

HappyCats

Was there thunder? I had heard about the thunder snow down south.

We didn't hear any, which was the weirdest part. At first we thought it was electric lines arcing but it lit up our whole yard. And stayed lit for a few seconds. It happened several times over the course of about 15 minutes, specifically when it was really windy. Then, the wind stopped and we never saw it again.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
We didn't hear any, which was the weirdest part. At first we thought it was electric lines arcing but it lit up our whole yard. And stayed lit for a few seconds. It happened several times over the course of about 15 minutes, specifically when it was really windy. Then, the wind stopped and we never saw it again.
Maybe the wind was blowing some limbs across the lines causing an arc. If it was that much lightning, you should have heard the thunder. JMO

FairyChatMom

Just me
Interesting - I thought I heard thunder around 11-ish last night, but I assumed it was stuff blowing around outside, or the cats going crazy, or something. Nice to know I'm not totally out of my mind...

HappyCats

Maybe the wind was blowing some limbs across the lines causing an arc. If it was that much lightning, you should have heard the thunder. JMO

Just because WE didn't hear it doesn't mean it wasn't thundering somewhere. Snow insulates alot of sound... JMO

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day

Took one of the dogs for a walk around 11 and saw an amazing show coming from across the river. Never did hear any thunder.

Appletini

We had lightning here in Lexington Park, too! It was terrifying at first because it was so windy and scary looking. Then it seemed almost tranquil after a few flashes.

JoieSimmons

I live on the Cove Point side of CRE. I saw a big blue flash right around that time as I opened my front door so bright I couldn't see anything. The sheriff's department said there were power surges in the area.

HappyCats

We had lightning here in Lexington Park, too! It was terrifying at first because it was so windy and scary looking. Then it seemed almost tranquil after a few flashes.

Agreed! We were suitably freaked out at first, then it was just so breathtaking...it was hard to be afraid. Definitely a once in a lifetime sight!

C

CalvertNewbie

Same here in Huntingtown. We briefly lost power so all the lights were off. We saw the sky light up quite a few times and the huge pine trees were really swaying with all the wind. It was beautiful.

Luckily, we only lost one huge branch and it just fell in the yard not on the house. It just missed the shed. Being surrounded by woods, we were a little nervous last night.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I saw three bright flashes last night at the same time we lost power and assumed they were transformers blowing. Been 10 hours now and still no power. House is 56 degress.

HappyCats

I live on the Cove Point side of CRE. I saw a big blue flash right around that time as I opened my front door so bright I couldn't see anything. The sheriff's department said there were power surges in the area.

We have no exposed lines in our neighborhood. It was blinding...

Our lights dipped, then the blue would happen, then the lights would come back on... Definitely affected our power, but I think it was mother nature causing it not electric lines.

HappyCats

I saw three bright flashes last night at the same time we lost power and assumed they were transformers blowing. Been 10 hours now and still no power. House is 56 degress.

I'm so sorry you lost power! Put another beagle on the bed!
We never lost power. All our lines are buried and we rarely lose power, thankfully. Hope your power comes back on soon!

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm so sorry you lost power! Put another beagle on the bed!
We never lost power. All our lines are buried and we rarely lose power, thankfully. Hope your power comes back on soon!

Thanks. The lines on my street are underground but all the lines that feed into my neighborhood are on polls and lots of trees around them. We get this everytime the wind blows more than 20mph. And because I live in a more obscure remote area it seems SMECO forgets about us.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Blue lights in Valley Lee at 11 pm. Then I lost power:frown: It freaked me out at first but after calling my Dad and my friend Johnny, I calmed down and JOhnny talked to me on the phone til my power cam back.

I can't open my doors:lol: Work tried to call me in becuase no one can make it out of their houses.. Neither can I!!:ohwell:

Roxie04

lightning

i saw the lightning also. Don't think my husband believed me when i said i saw it. One of my dogs kept freaking out, pawing at the door. Between that and the noises from the wind it took forever to calm her down.