Marcg 3rd closings

P

PinkyDinkyDo

What are the chances school will be closed in calvert tomorrow?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I can't believe Charles County is opening 2 hours late when there are still so many people without power.

They may be gambling that the majority of the power will be back on & the roads clearer (less icy) at the end of a 2-hour delay. Remember, they can always change it to a closing tomorrow if the need is there. Looks like they are just going conservatively so they don't lose any more days of instruction than they have to before the kids have to take the MSA tests (scheduled for mid - late March).

B

Beaver-Cleaver

I can't believe Charles County is opening 2 hours late when there are still so many people without power.

I swear I think they just look at Route 6 in La Plata and determine what they're going to do based off that.

Their calls on delays and stuff have sucked this year... moreso than ever. :boo:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

They may be gambling that the majority of the power will be back on & the roads clearer (less icy) at the end of a 2-hour delay. Remember, they can always change it to a closing tomorrow if the need is there. Looks like they are just going conservatively so they don't lose any more days of instruction than they have to before the kids have to take the MSA tests (scheduled for mid - late March).

It's more important that they get the kids there alive, dont you think.

Conservative? I'd think after the last two times they ####ed up this year (and had several bus accidents) they would be more conservative in delaying and cancelling when the roads are as bad as they are expected to be.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
It's more important that they get the kids there alive, dont you think.

Conservative? I'd think after the last two times they ####ed up this year (and had several bus accidents) they would be more conservative in delaying and cancelling when the roads are as bad as they are expected to be.

This is the number one priority in any school district. I don't believe that there was anything in my post that would indicate to a rational human being that I disagreed with that position.

My point was simply that school systems get criticized for their decision no matter what decision they make, as you have just illustrated so wonderfully with your own post. Their priorities are the safety of the children and the integrity of the instructional program.

Perhaps you should seek employment with the Charles County Public Schools' Transportation Department since you seem to believe that your judgement is best. :biggrin: No doubt there would be some parents out there who would thank you :duh:

robert514

I have no clue why Charles isn't closed, I cant even tell where the road is down here. Guess I wont be going to school tomorrow.

Hessian

Intel...

From previous employees of PG...School closing rests heavily on....

The number of kids that get assisted lunches & hot breakfasts.
If the school is closed, the children will have to depend on their (??) parents/guardians for food--which is questionable.

It is better to have some slips & falls, some late busses, and maybe a few teachers in accidents than have the undernurished clamoring!
Hurray for 2 hours late...the peasants will be fed!!

robert514

From previous employees of PG...School closing rests heavily on....

The number of kids that get assisted lunches & hot breakfasts.
If the school is closed, the children will have to depend on their (??) parents/guardians for food--which is questionable.

It is better to have some slips & falls, some late busses, and maybe a few teachers in accidents than have the undernurished clamoring!
Hurray for 2 hours late...the peasants will be fed!!

I would rather die than have to eat that nasty cafeteria food. :)