Electic bill too high

SoccerMom2

My electric bill was $182.14. I am so mad.I know others are way higher. We don't do anything different at all! In fact i was gone for over a week. Or bill is usually between 80-90 a month. I emailed them because i am not holding for over an hour on the phone! This is ridiculous.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
My electric bill was $182.14. I am so mad.I know others are way higher. We don't do anything different at all! In fact i was gone for over a week. Or bill is usually between 80-90 a month. I emailed them because i am not holding for over an hour on the phone! This is ridiculous.

I don't mean to be rude but I would trade our bill for yours in a minute. In fact I would run the money in to the office myself with fresh flowers for the girl at the window if that was all I had to pay. On a side note though, today is not the day to discuss your bill with anyone at SMECO. Every available person they have has been swamped with calls due to the outages. On a happier note though I am pretty sure we shaved close to 15 bucks off of next months bill due to our own outage last night.

P

PinkyDinkyDo

Have you seen what other people are paying?

:yeahthat:

I am sure they have better things to deal with tonight then to hear someone complain about an electric bill that cheap Some people are idiots!!!

angelbaby

We live in a 3 bdrm rambler. 1050 sq ft. Our bill has not been under $400 since october. In case you're wondering we keep the thermostat on 68 degrees.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
YAY!!!! Another Electric Bill Thread!!!:yahoo:

Almost as much fun as all the snow freads.

SoccerMom2

:yeahthat:

I am sure they have better things to deal with tonight then to hear someone complain about an electric bill that cheap Some people are idiots!!!

I am not an idiot! I know some people are paying way more. I total forgot about the power outages. I was just really mad at seeing a huge difference from what i pay. There is no reason for name calling.

SoccerMom2

Yea, but I think this one is more of a bragging thread, I can't imagine anyone complaining about such a low electric bill.

I am not bragging at all. Heat doesn't even work in my kitchen or my bedroom. I have plastic on my windows and my sliding back door. Its the fact that i do a lot to save on my electric bill and it is still high, well to me. I am sorry for anyone who has a really really high bill. I think it is unfair to everyone that the electric company jacks up the price. I did not mean any harm when i started this thread at all.

glitch

Devil's Advocate
I'd throw a fit over a $180 electric bill. It's all in what you're used to.

Someone who's paying $80-90 a month and then sees that kind of jump is looking at a 100% increase in a monthly bill. If you're already paying $300 and it goes to $400 that's only a 25% increase.

Anyone that wouldn't be upset about a 100% increase is the idiot in my opinion. So lay off.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...

You should have complained before this thread was posted. :bubble: The techs are all amped up and thankful to you for their bonus payments and vacation. :yay:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I am not bragging at all. Heat doesn't even work in my kitchen or my bedroom. I have plastic on my windows and my sliding back door. Its the fact that i do a lot to save on my electric bill and it is still high, well to me. I am sorry for anyone who has a really really high bill. I think it is unfair to everyone that the electric company jacks up the price. I did not mean any harm when i started this thread at all.

You had to have seen all the other threads and realized you'd be paying more now. Everyone else is. I only use my main heat when it's freezing like today. Usually I just use space heaters. At the beginning of the winter my bill was as low as yours but now that I've turned on the main heat, it's 3 times what yours is. You should not even complain or contact SMECO, consider yourself lucky that's all you have to pay.

misshelper

I am not an idiot! I know some people are paying way more. I total forgot about the power outages. I was just really mad at seeing a huge difference from what i pay. There is no reason for name calling.

That's not exactly a huge difference. IMO

SoccerMom2

You had to have seen all the other threads and realized you'd be paying more now. Everyone else is. I only use my main heat when it's freezing like today. Usually I just use space heaters. At the beginning of the winter my bill was as low as yours but now that I've turned on the main heat, it's 3 times what yours is. You should not even complain or contact SMECO, consider yourself lucky that's all you have to pay.

I have gas heat. My electric bill should not be that high.

misshelper

I'd throw a fit over a $180 electric bill. It's all in what you're used to.

Someone who's paying $80-90 a month and then sees that kind of jump is looking at a 100% increase in a monthly bill. If you're already paying $300 and it goes to $400 that's only a 25% increase.

Anyone that wouldn't be upset about a 100% increase is the idiot in my opinion. So lay off.

So what if you are used to paying 200 a month and your bill jumps up to 400+ a month. Be happy it's only 180.