Stimulus and wind Credits

SamSpade

I checked into it too. If wind turbines were a little cheaper or cost effective, I might try it. But the grant programs pretty much blow (pun intended). Maryland's green grant programs are always depleted of funds.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I checked into it too. If wind turbines were a little cheaper or cost effective, I might try it. But the grant programs pretty much blow (pun intended). Maryland's green grant programs are always depleted of funds.

In reading about start up green companies and the reality of trying to sell a product that makes no economic sense, many of these fine folks are moving away from promoting the benefits from a practical standpoint and are now simply arguing 'because it's good for the planet, never mind the economics.'

I'd love to put one up, but the potential negatives are larger than the positives. Initial cost, local variances, complaining neighbors, and I'm sure PETA would get involved at some point.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'd love to put one up, but the potential negatives are larger than the positives. Initial cost, local variances, complaining neighbors, and I'm sure PETA would get involved at some point.

I'd like an oil well in my back yard.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good luck with that...

Hmmm, I've got a small stream running thru the property.... wonder if i can get a small water generator going?

I'll vote for your hydro electric project if you support my green oil project.

Think of all the global warming I'd save simply in transportation costs alone not to mention the national security aspects.

I'll vote for your hydro electric project if you support my green oil project.

Think of all the global warming I'd save simply in transportation costs alone not to mention the national security aspects.

Yeah, but we wouldn't get the benefit of lower fuel prices every time you buy a load if you pumped your own.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

If you put something like this up http://www.home-energy.com/engels/ebv100.htm the PETA threat would be minimized! I want to try this along with a solar grid on my rooftop but unless I build it myself, I will never afford such thanks to the poor rebates and grants that exist.

R

RadioPatrol

If you put something like this up http://www.home-energy.com/engels/ebv100.htm the PETA threat would be minimized! I want to try this along with a solar grid on my rooftop but unless I build it myself, I will never afford such thanks to the poor rebates and grants that exist.

yeah 2k for something that would cost over 25k .....

the best thing is to maximize power output and sell sell sell back to you local power utility ...

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
yeah 2k for something that would cost over 25k .....

the best thing is to maximize power output and sell sell sell back to you local power utility ...

This guys link helps a lot for the DIY types - How I built an electricity producing Solar Panel Hopefully I can attempt to play with some of these in the summer. There are a lot of othe sites that I have found that help DIY'ers build their own small wind mills. Has anyone around here tried to do anything like build your own cells or turbines?