Guantanamo detainees say they planned September 11

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh, thank God!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The five detainees at the U.S. Guantanamo Bay prison camp charged with plotting the September 11 attacks have filed a document expressing pride at their accomplishment and accepting responsibility for the deaths of nearly 3,000 people, The New York Times reported on Monday.

The document, which the newspaper said may be released publicly on Tuesday, describes the five men as the "9/11 Shura Council," and says their actions were an offering to God, according to excerpts of the document read to a reporter by an unidentified government official, the report said.

"'To us,' the official read, 'they are not accusations. To us they are a badge of honor, which we carry with honor,'" the paper said.

The document is titled "The Islamic Response to the Government's Nine Accusations," the military judge at the U.S. Naval base said in a separate filing, obtained by the Times, that described the detainees' document.

Finally, their first amendment rights are restored! Next, we need to restore their second amendment rights and then make sure they have decent, affordable health care. Then...

Vince

Yeah, lets close Gitmo we can put these terrorists in a regular prison. :bs: They need a nice room, 3 meals a day, TV and a place to start planning their next attack.

Truthfully, these POS terrorists should be tortured for every bit of information we can get out of them.

ImnoMensa

Yeah, lets close Gitmo we can put these terrorists in a regular prison. :bs: They need a nice room, 3 meals a day, TV and a place to start planning their next attack.

Truthfully, these POS terrorists should be tortured for every bit of information we can get out of them.

They should be executed. Post haste.

Pete

Repete

They have been in prison for 6+ years. What info do you think they have? :lol:

Vince

They have been in prison for 6+ years. What info do you think they have? :lol:
What info haven't they given up yet? I don't care how long they've been in prison. Do you know for sure that they have given up all the intelligence they possess? It may not be up to date, but they could still have contacts, etc.

valentino

What info haven't they given up yet? I don't care how long they've been in prison. Do you know for sure that they have given up all the intelligence they possess? It may not be up to date, but they could still have contacts, etc.

Do you know for sure that they are all terrorists or any sort of threat at all? Execute them all...that sounds totally fair. There is a reason that we took them out of the country we were at war with and into a place where there was very little if any oversight.

Imagine if you will, Afghan's or Iraqi's coming here and taking you forcefully out of your home to some country in the middle of nowhere. Even if you were totally innocent and gave them no information, would you be just a little pissed after they tortured and or ignored most of your basic needs for 6 years?

Last edited:

Vince

Do you know for sure that they are all terrorists or any sort of threat at all? Execute them all...that sounds totally fair. There is a reason that we took them out of the country we were at war with and into a place where there was very little if any oversight.

Imagine if you will, Afghan's or Iraqi's coming here and taking you forcefully out of your home to some country in the middle of nowhere. Even if you were totally innocent and gave them no information, would you be just a little pissed after they tortured and or ignored most of your basic needs for 6 years?
If you bothered with reading at all, you will see in my previous post that I mentioned nothing about execution, but I do support that idea. As far as what the Iraqis will do to us, that's quite obvious from the number of beheadings the terrorists have already done to the ones they captured. I don't really think they will bother with much torture. And as far as them being pissed, why aren't you a little more pissed at the ones that accepted responsibility for 9/11?

Last edited:

valentino

If you bothered with reading at all, you will see in my previous post that I mentioned nothing about execution, but I do support that idea. As far as what the Iraqis will do to us, that's quite obvious from the number of beheadings the terrorists have already done to the ones they captured. I don't really think they will bother with much torture. And as far as them being pissed, why aren't you a little more pissed at the ones that accepted responsibility for 9/11?

If you bothered with reading at all you will see in my previous post that I mentioned nothing about not being pissed about anyone accepting responsibility for 9/11. We can have this argument all day long, but you did not answer my question. Fact is that the sheer number of detainee's who are at Gitmo and elsewhere has to contain some innocents. Some have even been described as so severly mentally handicapped to be incapable of knowing or thinking of any sort of plots against the US. Just because some said they were responsible for 9/11 does not mean they were, same goes for if they said they were not responsible. I obviously feel that it is not even acceptable to claim to be responsible for such a dispicable act, but toture has been proven to give false results many times over as well. To just blindly say that all should be totured just to see what they know seems very shortsighted.

You are correct that you did not say anything about executing, but my post did not really focus on that much anyway.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
You are correct that you did not say anything about executing, but my post did not really focus on that much anyway.

WTF is this logic?

You say something, get called on it, and then claim "well I did say it but it was not the focus of my thought!" ??

:killingme

Typical liberal, no responsibilty.

valentino

WTF is this logic?

You say something, get called on it, and then claim "well I did say it but it was not the focus of my thought!" ??

:killingme

Typical liberal, no responsibilty.

I was not referring to the person I quoted, but I did say it and I still think it is important to not just blatantly say that they all should be executed.

Typical.

I am not sure why I even bothered coming back in here, you all cannot even have a conversation without name calling.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I was not referring to the person I quoted, but I did say it and I still think it is important to not just blatantly say that they all should be executed.

Typical.

I am not sure why I even bothered coming back in here, you all cannot even have a conversation without name calling.

Ok :howdy:

valentino

Good point, but it begs the question, why are you here? I already questioned my own reasoning, but it seems like all you and others do is inflate your own egos, there is no actual conversation, just pats on the back from like thinking folk and disrespect to anyone who even thinks about having a different opinion. There are probably things that we agree upon, even things that you might not expect, but the conversation is never allowed to get that far because you prefer to not even listen.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Good point, but it begs the question, why are you here? I already questioned my own reasoning, but it seems like all you and others do is inflate your own egos, there is no actual conversation, just pats on the back from like thinking folk and disrespect to anyone who even thinks about having a different opinion. There are probably things that we agree upon, even things that you might not expect, but the conversation is never allowed to get that far because you prefer to not even listen.

Attachments

• normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg
    normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 62
R

RadioPatrol

Danial Pearl

Nick Berg

Next silly assed question .......

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

Listen dude, we are up against people that would kill our babies given half the chance. They don't care, they want us all dead. We have been fighting an un-winable war. We go at it with one hand tied behind our back, we are fighting "men" who disappear into a crowd of women and children, our media crucfies our Soliders and puts them in an impossible posistion where they are recieving rounds before being able to fire(litterally and figuratively). Someone makes a "mistake" and shoots a Hadj who had just set his rifle down after slaughtering a Solider's buddies and the the liberals flip out.

The enemy knows we are pussies, sorry, the enemy knows we have pussies at the controls pulling the strings. They take full advantage of that and will continue to until we don't exist.

Sorry if I don't have sympathy if a couple of retards get waterboarded while claiming they help plot 9/11, even if they didn't.