AP/Democrats propagnada on Rush Limbaugh

foodcritic

Kudos to Bozell for digging around this story. This is why the main stream media is border line dangerous..more like Nazi propaganda the journalism.

Bozell Demands AP Correction on Rush Limbaugh Comment

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:00 PM

By: Jim Meyers
Media Research Center President Brent Bozell has sent a letter to the Associated Press demanding a correction to a story critical of Rush Limbaugh’s comment about Sen. Ted Kennedy and healthcare reform.

Limbaugh said last week on his radio show that President Barack Obama’s healthcare proposal will be named in memory of “liberal lion Teddy Kennedy,” who is battling brain cancer.

“Before it’s all over, it’ll be called the Ted Kennedy Memorial Healthcare bill,” Rush said.

The AP story quoted Brian Wolff, executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, who called Limbaugh’s remark “outrageous” and “reprehensible.”

Wolff’s words were taken from the DCCC’s own Web site, which charged that Limbaugh “crossed the line” and sought to “demonize a patriotic Senator.”

But the AP story “omits a key fact: It was Democrats themselves who first suggested this naming, not Rush Limbaugh,” Bozell noted.

He cited a Fox News article on Jan. 13 that reported: “A spokesman for one of the architects of a national healthcare bill said that any legislation that emerges would be named after Kennedy.”

Jude McCartin, a spokesperson for Sen. Jeff Bingaman — a New Mexico Democrat who sits on Kennedy’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee — was quoted as saying: “[Kennedy] wouldn’t name it for himself, but the majority of the body working on the legislation would say he’s devoted his life to it. Now that we’re on the verge of doing something major, the naming of the legislation should reflect his longstanding involvement.”

Bozell said in his letter to AP’s Washington bureau chief Ron Fournier: “Is this not extremely relevant to the story? And is there any reason it was omitted?

“The DCCC posted a deceptive blog and statement by Wolff on its Web site that accused Limbaugh of demonizing Sen. Kennedy. We’re not surprised as it is the kind of tactic we’ve come to expect from the Democratic leadership.

“But if your bureau used this posting for content, as appears to be the case, you owe both an apology to Rush Limbaugh and an immediate update to correct the record.”

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Newsmax.com - Bozell Demands AP Correction on Rush Limbaugh Comment

5thstreet

Kudos to Bozell for digging around this story. This is why the main stream media is border line dangerous..more like Nazi propaganda the journalism.

Bozell Demands AP Correction on Rush Limbaugh Comment

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:00 PM

By: Jim Meyers
Media Research Center President Brent Bozell has sent a letter to the Associated Press demanding a correction to a story critical of Rush Limbaugh’s comment about Sen. Ted Kennedy and healthcare reform.

Limbaugh said last week on his radio show that President Barack Obama’s healthcare proposal will be named in memory of “liberal lion Teddy Kennedy,” who is battling brain cancer.

“Before it’s all over, it’ll be called the Ted Kennedy Memorial Healthcare bill,” Rush said.

The AP story quoted Brian Wolff, executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, who called Limbaugh’s remark “outrageous” and “reprehensible.”

Wolff’s words were taken from the DCCC’s own Web site, which charged that Limbaugh “crossed the line” and sought to “demonize a patriotic Senator.”

But the AP story “omits a key fact: It was Democrats themselves who first suggested this naming, not Rush Limbaugh,” Bozell noted.

He cited a Fox News article on Jan. 13 that reported: “A spokesman for one of the architects of a national healthcare bill said that any legislation that emerges would be named after Kennedy.”

Jude McCartin, a spokesperson for Sen. Jeff Bingaman — a New Mexico Democrat who sits on Kennedy’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee — was quoted as saying: “[Kennedy] wouldn’t name it for himself, but the majority of the body working on the legislation would say he’s devoted his life to it. Now that we’re on the verge of doing something major, the naming of the legislation should reflect his longstanding involvement.”

Bozell said in his letter to AP’s Washington bureau chief Ron Fournier: “Is this not extremely relevant to the story? And is there any reason it was omitted?

“The DCCC posted a deceptive blog and statement by Wolff on its Web site that accused Limbaugh of demonizing Sen. Kennedy. We’re not surprised as it is the kind of tactic we’ve come to expect from the Democratic leadership.

“But if your bureau used this posting for content, as appears to be the case, you owe both an apology to Rush Limbaugh and an immediate update to correct the record.”

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Newsmax.com - Bozell Demands AP Correction on Rush Limbaugh Comment

Words matter. If you and Brent Bozell think there is no difference between naming the legislation in a way that reflects Kennedy's work on the issue and calling it the "Ted Kennedy Memorial Healthcare bill" (emphasis added) especially when the man has brain cancer then you do not understand the difference words make.

In this country "memorials" usually honor the memory of someone who has died. See: Memorial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Rush Limbaugh is, if nothing else, a skilled communicator, he understands the both the meaning and implication of words. when he says “Before it’s all over, it’ll be called the Ted Kennedy Memorial Healthcare bill,”, he is implying Kennedy will be dead before the legislation passes.

Brent Bozell offered no evidence that the people involved with the legislation suggested using the word memorial, instead he offered evidence that they wanted his name in the title of the bill, something that is commonly done when the person is alive and well. His demand for a correction is groundless.

Your claim that "the main stream media is border line dangerous..more like Nazi propaganda the journalism" is demagoguery and further evidence that you are a wingnut.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Count on the Liberal Press....

Words matter. If you and Brent Bozell think there is no difference between naming the legislation in a way that reflects Kennedy's work on the issue and calling it the "Ted Kennedy Memorial Healthcare bill" (emphasis added) especially when the man has brain cancer then you do not understand the difference words make.

...and liberal supporters to prevent the Democrats from being hoisted with their own petards on this one. The main point is that Rush did not originate the idea that Kennedy will be given credit (pre- or post-humously) for the healthcare bill. Don't try to throw sand about Rush's use of the word Memorial. It's an old "Depends on what the meaning of "is" is...." defense.

Toxick

Splat
So...

Is Rush Limbaugh's broadcast available around these parts?

I can't do streaming media, so links to websites won't be of any use to me.

Anyway - I've never listened to Limbaugh before. Although, I'm very familiar with his name and his face due to his visibility in the media (Especially since Obama invoked his name starting this frantic anti-Limbaugh circle-jerk in the press). And with all the frenzied bitter hatred of him being displayed by the left I am now compelled to begin listening.

Every left-wing player-hater who talks about him mentions that he's some gigantic blob of lard and smeg-cheese, but as far as I can see he's not even in the "Obese" category. So, I can't help but wonder what other hyperbole and outright lies I've heard. I've no doubt that I will be most impressed with the spins and fabrications.

Congratulations Democrats! You've scored at least 1 new listener to Limbaugh. :patriot:

We'll see if he can keep my interest after that.

SamSpade

Every left-wing player-hater who talks about him mentions that he's some gigantic blob of lard and smeg-cheese, but as far as I can see he's not even in the "Obese" category. So, I can't help but wonder what other hyperbole and outright lies I've heard. I've no doubt that I will be most impressed with the spins and fabrications.

He used to be pretty big, until he slimmed down considerably about 10 years ago or so. IIRC, he made an appearance on Drew Carey in his slimmer self.

He's since regained a good deal of that.

foodcritic

In this country "memorials" usually honor the memory of someone who has died. See: Memorial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Rush Limbaugh is, if nothing else, a skilled communicator, he understands the both the meaning and implication of words. when he says “Before it’s all over, it’ll be called the Ted Kennedy Memorial Healthcare bill,”, he is implying Kennedy will be dead before the legislation passes.

Brent Bozell offered no evidence that the people involved with the legislation suggested using the word memorial, instead he offered evidence that they wanted his name in the title of the bill, something that is commonly done when the person is alive and well. His demand for a correction is groundless.

Your claim that "the main stream media is border line dangerous..more like Nazi propaganda the journalism" is demagoguery and further evidence that you are a wingnut.

Let me splain this again for the propagandists among us...
Jude McCartin, a spokesperson for Sen. Jeff Bingaman — a New Mexico Democrat who sits on Kennedy’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee — was quoted as saying: “[Kennedy] wouldn’t name it for himself, but the majority of the body working on the legislation would say he’s devoted his life to it. Now that we’re on the verge of doing something major, the naming of the legislation should reflect his longstanding involvement.

Any reasonably intelligent person ( who does not parse every word thru wikipedia(discredited anyway) ) would realize these comments suggest the naming of the bill for Ted Kennedy. Kennedy is terminally ill. That is no secret in the media.

If you can't connect the dots between what democrats are saying and what Rush said you need to go back to skool. and again....:cds:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I thought Ted committed his life to drunk driving and debauchery.

Now that he's a big time consumer of really expensive healthcare, watch for Teddy to develop a one-sided interest in seeing that multi-millionaires get free healthcare at the gubment's expense. But don't even think about putting windmills over the horizon to generate giggawatts of electricity in Teddy's favorite sailing playground.

5thstreet

It is rude at best to talk about someone in what is essentially the past tense when they are alive.

I realize that Rush Limbaugh and many of the people who have commented in this thread do not like Ted Kennedy. That is their right. They even have the the right to be rude. The DCCC called Rush Limbaugh on being rude as is their right.

Many of the people posting here claim there is no difference between naming something after a person and calling it a memorial. I disagree. That's why for example, we have Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport not too far from the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. The Thomas Jefferson Memorial was built after Jefferson died, while Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport was renamed in Reagan's honor while he was alive.

I see that Wikipedia doesn't suit some of you for definitions, how about memorial definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta. I'm sure if you look you will find definitions that don't include a discussion of the person being memorialized being dead, but I challenge you to find a public memorial (that includes the word memorial in its name) named for a person who was not dead (or believed to be dead) at the time it was named.

As I said, you have the right to be rude. If you wish to exercise that right, you should own up to it and not try to claim you were not rude.

In the end if you think it was ok for Rush Limbaugh to say what he did because you believe it is ok to be rude to Ted Kennedy, we are going to disagree and that's that. We can move on to a different topic to beat up.

On the other hand, if you think he wasn't being rude, I don't think you are paying close attention to what was said and in what context.

Note to Toxic:

As the only apparent "left-wing player-hater" or Democrat who has commented in this thread. I want to point out that I never said anything about his weight or other personal issues. I know others have and I think it drags the level of discourse down and diverts attention to the real issues we have with what he says. In the end, I don't think it is relevant.

Note to SamSpade:

Your "Depends on what the word "words" means...." was the type of witty response we could use more of. All the more painful in that it was directed at me. Well done.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As I said, you have the right to be rude. If you wish to exercise that right, you should own up to it and not try to claim you were not rude.

I don't think it's particularly rude.

But I do find it hysterical that the Dems are in a wad about this and whining about "rudeness" after they've spent the last 8 years being as rude and offensive as humans can possibly be.

Where was all this righteous indignation when Sarah Palin and her family were being attacked mercilessly every minute of every day?

How about when George Cloony made fun of Charlton Heston's Alzheimers? Or Ronald Reagan's Alzheimers, for that matter?

How about when Joy Behar makes her nasty remarks about Republicans on just about every show?

Where's the outrage then?

foodcritic

It is rude at best to talk about someone in what is essentially the past tense when they are alive.

I realize that Rush Limbaugh and many of the people who have commented in this thread do not like Ted Kennedy. That is their right. They even have the the right to be rude. The DCCC called Rush Limbaugh on being rude as is their right.

For the denser among us...listen to yourself. Its 'Rude"?

IT WAS THE DEMOCRATS TAKING ABOUT HIM......Can't make it any clearer for you..,.done with you and this discussion.

Toxick

Splat
Note to Toxic:

As the only apparent "left-wing player-hater" or Democrat who has commented in this thread. I want to point out that I never said anything about his weight or other personal issues. I know others have and I think it drags the level of discourse down and diverts attention to the real issues we have with what he says. In the end, I don't think it is relevant.

Believe it or not, I do have some social interaction beyond the scope of these forums.

I was not directing that comment toward you either explicity or implicitly - or even at the forums in particular.