BioHeat?

jayzee

Was thinking about replacing my oil burning heating system to a more enviromentally friendly machine and came accross Bio Heat. Apparently we can use a Bio fuel in our furnaces, reduce foreign oil comsumption and reduce the toxic fumes we are shooting out the tops of our homes.

So, has anybody had any luck or experience with BioHeat?
I have emailed all the people in Maryland that are supposed to be offering BioHeat and have not heard back from anyone.

Anybody at SMO or anything that can make a suggestion?

Tax Credit in Maryland!

BioheatTaxCredit

Key observations and findings of these combustion tests include Nitrogen Oxide emissions are frequently reduced by about 20%, Sulfur Oxide emissions by 20%, smoke numbers are lower with Bioheat® fuel, odor of middle distillates reduced and when gas leakage during transmission, storage, and distribution are considered a Bioheat® fuel blend has an environmental cost that is better than natural gas.

Pretty Cool Stuff!

JayZee

JoeMac

Bioheat is just a 5% mix of biodiesel with regular fuel oil.

You will need a fuel pump that has a seal that is not rubber, biodiesel is an extremely good solvent and deteriorates rubber. You will also need a flame sensor that detects heat and not light, bioheat burns cleaner and there is less light. These are easy fixes and can be performed by any competent hvac tech.

You may be able to buy a furnace that is biodiesel ready.

You will want a competent tech to tune your furnace to get the most out of the fuel. There are people running on b100(100% biodiesel)

I am not sure if any fuel providers supply bioheat in Maryland. I know that biodiesel is hard to find around here. It is very common in the north east.