Incident at Spring Ridge

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Police and Fire Respnding to some incident at Spring Ridge Middle School.

Hearing something about an assault on a teacher.

Hard to make heads or tails of what has happend. Police radios are weak in the bldg.

Last edited:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
My daughter had a fever and I was picking her up early. As we were leaving the school the 3 cop cars (lights flashing) came rolling in, my daughter told me Oh, that must be for that 8th grade butthead who was acting up in our science class yelling, throwing stuff, and acting the fool because he got detention from the teacher. He's one of the special kids (entitlement young man) and according to my daughter he's acted like an idiot since the school season started always trying to be the center of attention, disrupting classes, and disrespecting teachers.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
My daughter had a fever and I was picking her up early. As we were leaving the school the 3 cop cars (lights flashing) came rolling in, my daughter told me Oh, that must be for that 8th grade butthead who was acting up in our science class yelling, throwing stuff, and acting the fool because he got detention from the teacher. He's one of the special kids (entitlement young man) and according to my daughter he's acted like an idiot since the school season started always trying to be the center of attention, disrupting classes, and disrespecting teachers.

I heard something about an assault on a Teacher but that seemed like it was after the fact.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican

A budding young Democrat, I see. Is his last name Nono?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Why is he an entitlement young man - because he's in Special Ed?

My son is in Special Ed & he's never been entitled to anything. Nor do I allow his disabilities to excuse him from behaving, nor entitle him to grandiose priviledges. I am only an advocate for my son, but when I see statements like that, I speak up because it's not a fair statement.

The way some Special Ed students are handled does go overboard in allowing them more leeway than other students, I'll grant that. I've seen it, too. But that's on the teachers', school administrators', the school districts', etc. part.

As with most regulations, the IDEA law was passed at the Federal level to prevent abuse & neglect of some of our most vulnerable of school populations. And, as with most regulations - how they are interpreted & implemented is sometimes exaggerated & bastardized from the original intent.

*disclaimer: again, I don't know the particulars of that student's situation.

angelbaby

I think you are confused...

Why is he an entitlement young man - because he's in Special Ed?

My son is in Special Ed & he's never been entitled to anything. Nor do I allow his disabilities to excuse him from behaving, nor entitle him to grandiose priviledges. I am only an advocate for my son, but when I see statements like that, I speak up because it's not a fair statement.

The way some Special Ed students are handled does go overboard in allowing them more leeway than other students, I'll grant that. I've seen it, too. But that's on the teachers', school administrators', the school districts', etc. part.

As with most regulations, the IDEA law was passed at the Federal level to prevent abuse & neglect of some of our most vulnerable of school populations. And, as with most regulations - how they are interpreted & implemented is sometimes exaggerated & bastardized from the original intent.

*disclaimer: again, I don't know the particulars of that student's situation.

What they mean by entitlement is this...

Special Education Entitlement
The student's IEP team determines eligibility for special education programs and services. A student will be eligible if he/she has a disability, the disability adversely affects the student's educational performance and the disability requires special education and related services to address the educational needs.

The basic way in which a disability is determined is by identifying that a significant discrepancy exists between what is expected and actual performance, and the student has not responded sufficiently to intervention(s), or the student's progress is dependent on substantial assistance.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
What they mean by entitlement is this...

While I'm certainly aware of the description/definition of: "Special Education entitlement" - (my son has been in SpEd for 15 years, beginning with the infants/toddlers program at 18 months old) with all due respect - I'm not sure that Chernmax meant it in that way.

Although, I'd be perfectly willing to apologize for presuming otherwise if he did.

(it would be helpful to include a link to the information you posted, so people can reference the source)

angelbaby

While I'm certainly aware of the description/definition of: "Special Education entitlement" - (my son has been in SpEd for 15 years, beginning with the infants/toddlers program at 18 months old) with all due respect - I'm not sure that Chernmax meant it in that way.

Although, I'd be perfectly willing to apologize for presuming otherwise if he did.

(it would be helpful to include a link to the information you posted, so people can reference the source)

Sorry no link. Will remember that next time. :smile: