Poses Closed

BernieP

Resident PIA
The bar that is. There was a story in yesterdays Enterprise on "the good ole days" of Lexington Park. Near the end there was a comment about one of theold businesses that had recently closed it's doors because the owner, Rose ? died.
So it soulds like it's closed for good. Wonder what this does to the plans to punch FDR Blvd through

Naval base brought boom to country crossroads

Wednesday, March 11, 2009
By JASON BABCOCK

Staff writer

Rose's Place II was the county's last remaining topless bar, until its proprietor Rose Turner died recently and it closed for good. Before Rose's was established, there was Honey Lane, next door to The Enterprise on Great Mills Road.

Last edited:
I believe that the grandfathered exception, under which Rose's could legally operate, was tied to Rose Turner, personally - so when she died, the exception died with her, and the business is no longer legal.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I believe that the grandfathered exception, under which Rose's could legally operate, was tied to Rose Turner, personally - so when she died, the exception died with her, and the business is no longer legal.

I remember that was brought up when they were discussing raising the place to extend FDR Blvd. That's why I wonder what will happen now. My understanding was that she was just being a PIA about selling the place to the county and only kept it opne to poke a finger in their eye.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

Sounds like it's a bad time to be a GMR crack whore.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I remember that was brought up when they were discussing razing the place to extend FDR Blvd. That's why I wonder what will happen now. My understanding was that she was just being a PIA about selling the place to the county and only kept it open to poke a finger in their eye.
Black Francis is busy these days so it's up to the rest of us to help out. :howdy:

aFTeRLiFe

Rose Turner's husband was the one that mainly kept the place up and running. I don't know if he stopped after she passed or what... Is it really closed?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Rose Turner's husband was the one that mainly kept the place up and running. I don't know if he stopped after she passed or what... Is it really closed?

All I can tell you is what was in the paper - it says CLOSED.

I recalled from past discussion that the county had wanted to push through FDR Blvd so I was wondering what would happen now.

To be honest when I am driving on GM rd I am more focused on the cars and some of the fools who walk then a hole in the wall bar.

I know the location more as being between St. Mary's Electric and P&W Appliances (now closed).