Something else someone can explain

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know there are some of you who are vehemently against the death penalty.

Why?

When someone beats a 14 month old baby to death, what is the point of wasting jail space on them? Why not give them the needle and be done with them? Free up that cell for someone who might actually get out some day?

I don't want to hear about cost of incarceration vs. execution - the only reason execution costs so much is because of the appeals process, insisted upon by you all who are vehemently against the death penalty. Otherwise it would be significantly less expensive.

So what's the point? Seriously?

ITS ME

I am one hundred million percent for the death penalty and a firm believer that if the affected person's family wants to be there to watch the SOB suffer then let them be the one to push the needle, flip the switch, stone them to death. I believe an eye for an eye!

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
I am one hundred million percent for the death penalty and a firm believer that if the affected person's family wants to be there to watch the SOB suffer then let them be the one to push the needle, flip the switch, stone them to death. I believe an eye for an eye!

Unfortunately the Extremist Left and their monopolization of TV to spew their views do not share the feeling that an eye for an eye is a just penalty.

Gwydion

I really think the government should start a gladiator arena. Gather up all people who have commited a violent crime, give them a knife, and drop them in. Charge people $1000 to sit and watch, and let them go at it until only one person is left.

Then gas him.

Nanny Pam

I really think the government should start a gladiator arena. Gather up all people who have commited a violent crime, give them a knife, and drop them in. Charge people $1000 to sit and watch, and let them go at it until only one person is left.

Then gas him.

I think I love you! :yay:

BLUIGAL

I could pull the switch on anyone who would pick a child or an old person, or a defenseless woman to be their victim................seems like no one cares about the victims and their families anymore, all consideration is given to the criminals.....I'm sure many people would change their minds if a violent deadly attack happened to someone they love.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Then gas him.

:lmao:

I was hoping some anti-death penalty people would chime in. I'm seriously curious why they feel society's rabid animals shouldn't be removed permanently.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider

Why?

When someone beats a 14 month old baby to death, what is the point of wasting jail space on them? Why not give them the needle and be done with them? Free up that cell for someone who might actually get out some day?

I don't want to hear about cost of incarceration vs. execution - the only reason execution costs so much is because of the appeals process, insisted upon by you all who are vehemently against the death penalty. Otherwise it would be significantly less expensive.

That's the lie they use (high costs) and the sheeple believe it. If they were executed within 30 days of sentencing, there would be no high costs involved.
If Hoyer, O'malley and the rest have their way there will be no more death penalty in Md. I wrote to them and blasted their stupidity this past week.
See the danger of liberalism? Even heinous killers will live off of us!
It looks like all of you on here agree with the death penalty.
I have no trouble with it from the Bible either. Jesus was a victim of capital punishment (although He was innocent). It is positively spoken of in Romans 13.

puggymom

Why?

Needle is too quick and painless. POS deserves to be beaten to death.

Gwydion

vrai said:
I was hoping some anti-death penalty people would chime in. I'm seriously curious why they feel society's rabid animals shouldn't be removed permanently.
The only downside is that our justice system isn't perfect. At all. And there is always a chance (albeit small) that they get it wrong and accuse the wrong person. Then it could be an all out witch hunt. But, if they have valid evidence (dna, confession, multiple witnesses, videotape), then they should be put through excruciating pain and misery to the amusement (and monetary gain) of the people and government.

Jesus was a victim of capital punishment (although He was innocent).

Wasn't Jesus crucified because of the overturned tables?

tom88

First, let me say that I am for the death penalty, but unfortunately in Maryland a person would not be eligable for the death penalty for simply beating a 14 month old baby do death. There has to be enhanced circumstances, ie; sexual assault, multiple murders, robbery along with murder, killing of a police officer in the performance of duties, etc.

tom88

The only downside is that our justice system isn't perfect. At all. And there is always a chance (albeit small) that they get it wrong and accuse the wrong person. Then it could be an all out witch hunt. But, if they have valid evidence (dna, confession, multiple witnesses, videotape), then they should be put through excruciating pain and misery to the amusement (and monetary gain) of the people and government.

Wasn't Jesus crucified because of the overturned tables?

I don't have any problem with increasing the standard for death penalty cases. At the same time, however, when they do that they should also increase the types of crimes people can get the death penalty for.

nomoney

For the death penalty. They shouldn't get to sit on death row for years and years getting law degrees and tying up courts and monies with appeal after appeal either. 2 years max to try to appeal, etc - after that :fizz:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I could never be a judge because criminals would get the same punishment to the same extent they dealt out - like this guy would need a lot more belts and a lot more hours to equal what he did to that child.

Then gas him.

Oh OH oH Can i set up a hotdog stand? And sell beer and popcorn and Cottoncandy?:buddies::popcorn: Pretty Please?
Maybe i'll sell some tissues for the cry babies who im sure would be there to protest!!:evil:

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!

Why?

I am NOT against the Death Penalty. Maryland has yet to execute anyone on death row (who get a private cell, access to lawyers, special meals, endless appeal rights, etc - on the TAXPAYER dime). I say good riddance to bad trash.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Maryland has yet to execute anyone on death row ...
:bs: Ever hear of John Frederick Thanos, Flint Gregory Hunt, Tyrone Delano Gilliam, Jr., Steven Howard Oken, or Wesley Eugene Baker? I bet that they (if they hadn't got the needle) would disagree with you on the above claim.

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
:bs: Ever hear of John Frederick Thanos, Flint Gregory Hunt, Tyrone Delano Gilliam, Jr., Steven Howard Oken, or Wesley Eugene Baker? I bet that they (if they hadn't got the needle) would disagree with you on the above claim.

I stand corrected. However, 5 men out of how many on Death Row?