8 fights this week at McDonough HS

88stringslouie

Wow.
This week there were 8 fights at McDonough HS and two teachers assaulted.

Petty
didn't send one inkling of information home to the parents. Of course, as usual it's CYA and make everyone believe all the SH*T crap coming from the CCPS administration that it's fantasy land.

What can we do to get these animals out of the schools? What type of an environment is it for the teachers and students to try to learn when 50 pieces of human waste threaten to riot this week and cause 5 officers to have to respond to the school?
Are we now totally ghetto?
What type of display of "leadership" is this with the politcal hogwash of "PBIS" and all this politically correct garbage?

:tantrum

meangirl

Nice lady!
Wow.

Petty didn't send one inkling of information home to the parents. Of course, as usual it's CYA and make everyone believe all the SH*T crap coming from the CCPS administration that it's fantasy land.

What can we do to get these animals out of the schools? What type of an environment is it for the teachers and students to try to learn when 50 pieces of human waste threaten to riot this week and cause 5 officers to have to respond to the school?
What type of display of "leadership" is this with the politcal hogwash of "PBIS" and all this politically correct garbage?

Makes me glad for once that mine is at Lackey. :yay:

McDonough used to be one of the "better" schools in CC. Sad, really.

Turtle

I went to McDonough. It was a good school. We generally policed our own. We were the party school with A's. Apparently, there are no drunk leaders left. LOL
No, really, we were proud of our school and where we were going. Our reunions are the most attended in the area.
I'm not sure what the answer is. Lack of leadership in both the student body and the administration, demographics, or wtf?

meangirl

Nice lady!
I went to McDonough. It was a good school. We generally policed our own. We were the party school with A's. Apparently, there are no drunk leaders left. LOL
No, really, we were proud of our school and where we were going. Our reunions are the most attended in the area.
I'm not sure what the answer is. Lack of leadership in both the student body and the administration, demographics, or wtf?

Well honestly, in a nutshell, McDonough is the new Lackey. :yay:

Sorry 'bout that.

Catman2

Would someone tell me (because I don't know) what is the number of Principals and VPs and other "safety" type administrators in Chas. Co. high schools.....just curious.

glitch

Devil's Advocate
It's due largely to the inability of administration to do anything about the problem kids. I've seen the same thing happen in SMCPS. The kid has a label, like ED/OD, and that keeps the school from expelling him...no matter what. They're only alternative is to send him to their ALC, if they even have one. And that's even limited to 10 kids a year, per school. So, if you really want this to change you need to lobby to empower the administration at schools.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
It's due largely to the inability of administration to do anything about the problem kids. I've seen the same thing happen in SMCPS. The kid has a label, like ED/OD, and that keeps the school from expelling him...no matter what. They're only alternative is to send him to their ALC, if they even have one. And that's even limited to 10 kids a year, per school. So, if you really want this to change you need to lobby to empower the administration at schools.

Too many liberal idealist control school policy, it is never their fault, they hold no one responsible, everyone can be rehabilitated, everyone gets unlimited chances at screwing up. It is only going to get worse.

glitch

Devil's Advocate
Too many liberal idealist control school policy, it is never their fault, they hold no one responsible, everyone can be rehabilitated, everyone gets unlimited chances at screwing up. It is only going to get worse.

Believe it or not, the fault is the parent's. When a child is asking to get suspended because, "my parents won't do nothin'", it's hard for the administrators to enforce the rules. It's sad but true.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Wow.

Petty
didn't send one inkling of information home to the parents. Of course, as usual it's CYA and make everyone believe all the SH*T crap coming from the CCPS administration that it's fantasy land.

but but but

Westlake's the ghetto school :drama:

:sarcasm:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

:bs:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Believe it or not, the fault is the parent's. When a child is asking to get suspended because, "my parents won't do nothin'", it's hard for the administrators to enforce the rules. It's sad but true.

Well yes you can say that the fault is with the parents too, I am talking strictly from the schools involvement in the process.

Teacher_Lady

EXACTLY!!!

If I pulled the crap that some of my students pull and my parents got a phone call from my teacher, it would be a privilege for me to even breath. It is disgusting how some of these kids talk to their parents during conferences. How can people expect the administration to be truly effective when there is no parental support at home? Things are only going to change when the parents and students who actually care about their education rise up and demand action from the school system. I can tell you first-hand that all of the teachers that I know and work with are sick and tired of having to continually allow those who are constant behavior problems rule the classroom. We have voiced our opinions to the administration and board, but are constantly told to just deal with it.

Last edited: