Illegals working for Verizon in your back yard.

Technogeek

Driving down Penns Hill Road (Laplata) I saw what looked like 15 invaders installing Fiber cable. On the side of the truck it said S&N Verizon. A quick search online brought up this.

Many workers on Verizon project are in U.S. illegally | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

So a mega corporation can't afford to pay a decent wage to an American citizen and we continue to let them get away with it. No wonder the economy is in the crapper. Our government allows these businesses to outsource jobs to foreign countries and hire illegals who have invaded our country. I read a comment at NBC nightly news where a guy said he runs a business and hires illegals and pays them as little as possible so his family can be fatcats. Screw the citizens of the U.S. The excuse "no one wants to do these jobs" is bogus, ....the truth is these scumbags don't want to pay a decent salary and have found a means around it. The contracts are the same but those running the show pocket more.

Personally it makes me ill seeing illegals doing our jobs. I grew up doing hard work with my dad on construction sights. He made a decent living along with every other trade working around us. These days I see illegals doing the same work. :war: I'm trying to find out what I can do since.... hell I don't know other than contact my representatives. I did find this website Help Save Maryland

Ya Obama its time for change. Its time to hold the corporations/small business owners who hire illegals and Wall Street accountable and also run these invaders out of our country. These actions will put us back on the path to being great again not BAILOUTS. :patriot:

onel0126

Bead mumbler
They just installed it in my hood. There were about 50 of them. They are installing cable for Verizon's FIOS service. I understand your beef but I am so looking forward to the day when FIOS is up and running and I can call Comcast and tell them to kiss my a$$. FIOS--big savings over Comcast.

limblips

Driving down Penns Hill Road (Laplata) I saw what looked like 15 invaders installing Fiber cable. On the side of the truck it said S&N Verizon. A quick search online brought up this.

Many workers on Verizon project are in U.S. illegally | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

So they "looked" like illegals? And what pray tell does an illegal look like? I fully support the deportation of illegals and not supporting them or their families but not every hispanic in this country is an illegal. Please don't spread paranoia or half-truths. A book by it's cover comes to mind.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
So they "looked" like illegals? And what pray tell does an illegal look like?

Like a Mexican :shrug:

FYI - Maryland is a sanctuary state that welcomes illegals. You tax dollars support groups like Casa de Maryland that trains illegals on how to live here and work the system.

So what can you do? Not much in Maryland.

thatguy

Like a Mexican :shrug:

FYI - Maryland is a sanctuary state that welcomes illegals. You tax dollars support groups like Casa de Maryland that trains illegals on how to live here and work the system.

So what can you do? Not much in Maryland.

so what does a legal immigrant from mexico look like?

wch

So they "looked" like illegals? And what pray tell does an illegal look like? I fully support the deportation of illegals and not supporting them or their families but not every hispanic in this country is an illegal. Please don't spread paranoia or half-truths. A book by it's cover comes to mind.

If you live or work in the same location as they do, you'll know. Common practice in construction in the area, Especially on jobs not on military bases. As an electrician I see it everyday. Do not speak English, No ID, and if one of them is injured on a job they all disappear for a couple of days. The funniest thing I ever saw was at a job site in DC, one of the contractors got p1ss3d off and started shouting Immigration was doing a raid. Most of the people left their tools laying on the floor and more than 1 was injured trying to get over the security fence around the building. It was a big joke for weeks.

Southern Maryland (Calvert, Charles, St. Mary's Counties) Police, Fire, EMS Radio Scanners (Including PAXRVR NAS Aircraft Freqs)

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
Heres the problem.
maybe 10% of the hispanics in Maryland are legal. the chances that you are looking at an illegal is greater than the chances of you looking at a legal one.
The legal ones are all fighting for the rights of the illegals. so, since there are so many more illegals, the legals will be suspected to be illegal just because.
a really good way of telling is if they can speak english or not, speaking english to a degree so, if they are speaking spanish, an even better chance they are illegal.

what the legals should do is turn in the illegals to make their own lives better.

the legal ones are just getting what can be expected all things considered.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
The bottom line is until the day that business' and other local contractors stop trying to save a few bucks you will have to continue to deal with and complain about these illegal aliens. People want to moan and groan about the jobs that have been taken away from americans but if those americans had not been so lazy, or late or had bothered to show up at all, maybe they never would have had to hire illegal aliens.

They may not be legal but go to any local bank on a Friday afternoon and you will see them there in full force sending 75% on there wages home to their families. Then they get back in the van they arrived in and head off to the rental home that 15 of them share. It is also most likely the best home they ever lived in.

If you wonder why they have our jobs, point blank it's because we became too lazy or good to do them ourselves.

limblips

Heres the problem.
maybe 10% of the hispanics in Maryland are legal. the chances that you are looking at an illegal is greater than the chances of you looking at a legal one.
The legal ones are all fighting for the rights of the illegals. so, since there are so many more illegals, the legals will be suspected to be illegal just because.
a really good way of telling is if they can speak english or not, speaking english to a degree so, if they are speaking spanish, an even better chance they are illegal.

what the legals should do is turn in the illegals to make their own lives better.

And I can tell this by driving by and looking at them? Again, I do not support coddling the illegals but to just state they are illegals by looking as you drive by is a stretch. I drove by some blacks and native americans and I knew from their looks they were drunk, arrow shooting, crack dealers!:sarcasm:

wch

Heres the problem.

The illegals are sometimes the legals relatives, here on a visitor pass, they just stay and get employment were the legal works. I have seen whole families work one trade. Man, Wife, her brother, his Wife, plus 3-4 people that look about 10-11 years old, all hanging and finishing drywall.

Southern Maryland (Calvert, Charles, St. Mary's Counties) Police, Fire, EMS Radio Scanners (Including PAXRVR NAS Aircraft Freqs)

wch

The bottom line is until the day that business' and other local contractors stop trying to save a few bucks you will have to continue to deal with and complain about these illegal aliens. People want to moan and groan about the jobs that have been taken away from americans but if those americans had not been so lazy, or late or had bothered to show up at all, maybe they never would have had to hire illegal aliens.

They may not be legal but go to any local bank on a Friday afternoon and you will see them there in full force sending 75% on there wages home to their families. Then they get back in the van they arrived in and head off to the rental home that 15 of them share. It is also most likely the best home they ever lived in.

If you wonder why they have our jobs, point blank it's because we became too lazy or good to do them ourselves.

AMEN!!!:patriot:

jetmonkey

My point exactly. You don't give two shi's and a grin about how it gets done. As long as you pay for a service and it works when you turn it on, all is good.:shrug:

Hey, they're coming whether you like it or not. I just hope we can get enough Mexicans in here to beat back the Islamofacist tide. In the meantime, they need to be kept busy!

vince77

Verizon left an empty spool in the easement next to my house last week laying cable. I stopped where a group of workers were gathered for lunch. Not one of those 10 guys knew a word of English. I'd bet they were in fact illegal.
I looked forward to FIOS coming here and they currently are offering an attractive deal however from what I've heard after the deal is over, their prices are comparable to Comcast....maybe you can play one against the other, I don't know.....not sure I want more cable wire all over the house...