Actress Natasha Richardson in critical condition

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Funny that they would qualify her with being "superstar" Liam Neeson's wife. If you showed me pictures, I could pick her out but not him. I could tell you he was Qui-Gon Jinn in Star Wars, but not his real name.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Funny that they would qualify her with being "superstar" Liam Neeson's wife. If you showed me pictures, I could pick her out but not him. I could tell you he was Qui-Gon Jinn in Star Wars, but not his real name.

He was also Oskar Schindler in "Schindler's List". Pretty popular movie. This is so sad, I can't even imagine it. It looks like they have or will take her off of life support.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

He was also Rob Roy, in Rob Roy.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
He was also Oskar Schindler in "Schindler's List". Pretty popular movie. This is so sad, I can't even imagine it. It looks like they have or will take her off of life support.

Yeah, last I heard she was brain dead. :sad:

W

Wenchy

Yeah, last I heard she was brain dead. :sad:

So far, that's hearsay. I hope it's not true.

They are a couple who have pretty much stayed out of the limelight, yet have some impressive acting credentials behind them (not to mention two young children)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This gets my nomination for "Dumb Remark of the Year"

“It’s particularly tragic for Vanessa,” laments a Richardson confidante, “because she just finished playing a woman who loses her daughter in The Year of Magical Thinking, and now she has to endure it all over again.”

I'm pretty impressed with her family that they're not taking this opportunity to get in front of the cameras every second. Celebrities typically don't know how to have a private situation and not live their lives in the spotlight, tacky and inappropriate as it may be. :yay:

SamSpade

Must not be a fan. I can think of at least half a dozen movies he's been in that no one here has mentioned yet (I'm surprised no one mentioned "Batman Begins" yet). The first movie I remember seeing him in was "Darkman" and then he was in "Leap of Faith". Also saw him in "Love, Actually", and starred in "Michael Collins", "Nell" and "Ethan Frome". I just visited IMDB. Heck, I've seen probably half of what he's been in. It's a lot. I've always liked him.

I can't name one movie Natasha has been in.

W

Wenchy

:yeahthat:

Latest article from E! Online.
:frown: If she continues to breathe on her own it will be another Karen Quinlen (sp) or Terri Shiavo (sp) UGH.

I'm pretty impressed with her family that they're not taking this opportunity to get in front of the cameras every second. Celebrities typically don't know how to have a private situation and not live their lives in the spotlight, tacky and inappropriate as it may be. :yay:

Ditto.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I am just shocked that she could take a tumble where she apparently didn't hit a rock etc. Then walk back to her room and within 1 hour to 48 hours go's from coherent to there's nothing else we can do for her.

How sad for her children, husband, mother and family. I remember her in that "Maid to Order" J-Lo movie. Not much other than that though that I can recall. From the pictures I have seen she appeared to be beautiful woman though. Very sad.

angelbaby

I never realized her sister is Julia on Nip/Tuck. I loved Natasha in the remake of the Parent trap. She will be missed. Prayers to her family.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I am just shocked that she could take a tumble where she apparently didn't hit a rock etc. Then walk back to her room and within 1 hour to 48 hours go's from coherent to there's nothing else we can do for her.

How sad for her children, husband, mother and family. I remember her in that "Maid to Order" J-Lo movie. Not much other than that though that I can recall. From the pictures I have seen she appeared to be beautiful woman though. Very sad.

CNN has an article that everyone should read concerning what some perceive as 'minor' head injury.
'Minor' head injuries can turn serious rapidly, experts say - CNN.com
Actress Natasha Richardson was talking and joking after she fell Monday during a beginner ski lesson, according to officials at the Canadian resort where she was staying. But soon after she returned to her room she complained of head pain and was taken to a nearby hospital, then to a larger medical center in Montreal. She was flown by private jet Tuesday to a New York hospital. She died Wednesday, according to a family statement.