Multiple Shootings in PG County, 3117 Branch Ave.

M

MistysDaddy08

Mass Casualty Inc. in PG County, 3117 Branch Ave.

At Holiday Liquors, 3117 Branch Avenue, Silver Hill/Marlow Heights, MD

Shooting in Marlow Heights on Branch Avenue, FD units are staging at the Silver Hill Volunteer Fire Department. Sounds like multiple people are shot at this time, heard discussions on the PGPD Channel and the officers were yelling

Public Safety Communications advising shots are still being fired 0016hours

Units at 29 (SHVFD): Battalion Chief 803, Duty Chief 800, Safety Officer 802, Ambulance 827 (Morningside), Ambulance 826 (District Heights), Medic 825 (Clinton), Ambulance 817 (Boulevard Heights), Medic 829 (Silver Hill), EMS 801, Chief 817 (Boulevard Heights)

County police now advising they have 12 victims, there are still gunshots going on

Command requesting EMS Task Force, now reporting it as a Mass Casualty Incident, requesting the Mass Casualty Support Unit from Capital Heights and the Medical Ambulance Bus from Bunker Hill

Duty Chief 800 requesting Paramedic Engine 842 from Oxon Hill

Mass Casualty Task Force: A808 (Seat Pleasant), A821 (Oxon Hill), PE842 & A842 (Oxon Hill/Glassmanor), MAB855 (Bunker Hill), PA805, MCSU805 (Capital Heights), RS827 (Morningside), M847 (Allentown Road/Silesia), EMS812

PG Trauma can take 2 patients, PSC will try to contact MedStar and Suburban Hospital Shock Trauma

EMS801 advising if they do have 12 patients, that the first in units do a good triage set up

Duty Chief 800 requesting update from PSC,

PSC to Command, County Police starting to bring people out of the back one by one, don't know how to start triaging people, still not safe for FD units, but PD will bring out victims out back of store. Command wants to know estimated number of victims. County PD still do not know how many victims, but the gunman has been shot. Need confirmation of any police officers gunned down or injured. County PD still doing roll call, unsure if any officers hurt.

PSC to EMS801, hospital total (number of patients each hospital can take at this time): PGTC- 2 Priority 1's, MedStar-2 Priority 1's , Baltimore Shock Trauma-5 Priority 1's, Suburban Hospital 5-Priority 1's, Southern Maryland Hospital on re-route

Command requesting A808 and A821 to acknowledge that they are in the staging area at Station 29. Both at Station 29. PSC to EMS812, Syscom adv Helicopters wont know if they can fly or not depending on weather. Command to MAB855, staffing and ETA to the scene, have a 2min ETA. MAB855 in staging at Station 29.

Command advising PSC to transfer A829 (Silver Hill) to station 21

This time, all unit officers come to the command post for a briefing.

Command advising EMS Duty Officer, to let all units in staging know they can take shelter in Station 29, or to use any neccessities.

Command requesting PSC to give FD an update, PSC adv County PD about to clear the scene, sounds like PD has it controlled now 0109hrs

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MistysDaddy08

just some new information, PSC adv have reports of one Priority 4 DOA, unknown if it is a victim, police officer, or gunman, no FD personnel have been contacted in anyway by PD.

County Police now advising to send 1 unit into the scene to check on the gunman. Sending Medic 829 to the scene, holding Ambulance 817 and Engine 829, returning all other units at 0208hours... AND I'M GOING TO BED!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

OldHillcrestGuy

At Holiday Liquors, 3117 Branch Avenue, Silver Hill/Marlow Heights, MD

Shooting in Marlow Heights on Branch Avenue, FD units are staging at the Silver Hill Volunteer Fire Department. Sounds like multiple people are shot at this time, heard discussions on the PGPD Channel and the officers were yelling

Public Safety Communications advising shots are still being fired 0016hours

Units at 29 (SHVFD): Battalion Chief 803, Duty Chief 800, Safety Officer 802, Ambulance 827 (Morningside), Ambulance 826 (District Heights), Medic 825 (Clinton), Ambulance 817 (Boulevard Heights), Medic 829 (Silver Hill), EMS 801, Chief 817 (Boulevard Heights)

County police now advising they have 12 victims, there are still gunshots going on

Command requesting EMS Task Force, now reporting it as a Mass Casualty Incident, requesting the Mass Casualty Support Unit from Capital Heights and the Medical Ambulance Bus from Bunker Hill

Duty Chief 800 requesting Paramedic Engine 842 from Oxon Hill

Mass Casualty Task Force: A808 (Seat Pleasant), A821 (Oxon Hill), PE842 & A842 (Oxon Hill/Glassmanor), MAB855 (Bunker Hill), PA805, MCSU805 (Capital Heights), RS827 (Morningside), M847 (Allentown Road/Silesia), EMS812

PG Trauma can take 2 patients, PSC will try to contact MedStar and Suburban Hospital Shock Trauma

EMS801 advising if they do have 12 patients, that the first in units do a good triage set up

Duty Chief 800 requesting update from PSC,

PSC to Command, County Police starting to bring people out of the back one by one, don't know how to start triaging people, still not safe for FD units, but PD will bring out victims out back of store. Command wants to know estimated number of victims. County PD still do not know how many victims, but the gunman has been shot. Need confirmation of any police officers gunned down or injured. County PD still doing roll call, unsure if any officers hurt.

PSC to EMS801, hospital total (number of patients each hospital can take at this time): PGTC- 2 Priority 1's, MedStar-2 Priority 1's , Baltimore Shock Trauma-5 Priority 1's, Suburban Hospital 5-Priority 1's, Southern Maryland Hospital on re-route

Command requesting A808 and A821 to acknowledge that they are in the staging area at Station 29. Both at Station 29. PSC to EMS812, Syscom adv Helicopters wont know if they can fly or not depending on weather. Command to MAB855, staffing and ETA to the scene, have a 2min ETA. MAB855 in staging at Station 29.

Command advising PSC to transfer A829 (Silver Hill) to station 21

This time, all unit officers come to the command post for a briefing.

Command advising EMS Duty Officer, to let all units in staging know they can take shelter in Station 29, or to use any neccessities.

Command requesting PSC to give FD an update, PSC adv County PD about to clear the scene, sounds like PD has it controlled now 0109hrs

Sparky are you on crack or what for your bad back, only one shot and that was the bad guy, as a kid I have been in that place dozens of times. They had a little restaurant attached to the liquor store, great burgers.

Sparky are you on crack or what for your bad back, only one shot and that was the bad guy, as a kid I have been in that place dozens of times. They had a little restaurant attached to the liquor store, great burgers.

And I understand that Branch Ave. is still closed in both directions.

wineo

loving life

:whistle:Use to ride my bike to that place. Right across from where I grew up:cds: Glad we moved out of there 35 years ago.:buddies:

OldHillcrestGuy

:whistle:Use to ride my bike to that place. Right across from where I grew up:cds: Glad we moved out of there 35 years ago.:buddies:

Heck you lived close enough to have heard the gunshots. Stricks was right next door, the owners of Stricks lived just a couple of blocks from me (off of Fairlawn) went to school with there kids. Good Ole Hillcrest days.:buddies:

Bay_Kat

Tropical

I knew that was Sparky, just never said anything. :killingme

Anyway, I think the 12 victims were the customers in the liquor store, not shooting victims, although at first they thought there may have been a possible barricade situation.

Funny how a liquor store is that busy that late on a Monday night.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Subject Killed In Shootout With Police | WUSA9.com | Washington, DC |

I found this, is this the same story? According to this only one person was shot and that was the suspect.

Once officers arrived on scene they saw the man outside the liquor store armed with an assault style weapon. The suspect ducked inside the liquor store when he saw the officers. Officials say the subject then held approximately a dozen customers hostage inside the store for less than a half an hour. Eventually the subject walked out of the liquor store and fired his weapon at the officers, who returned fire. The subject was pronounced dead at the scene.
Let's blame the style of gun :yahoo:

OldHillcrestGuy

I knew that was Sparky, just never said anything. :killingme

Anyway, I think the 12 victims were the customers in the liquor store, not shooting victims, although at first they thought there may have been a possible barricade situation.

Funny how a liquor store is that busy that late on a Monday night.

Well way back in the days that liquor store was also attached to a little sports store that sold like fishing supplies and maybe bowling supplies since it was right next to a bowling alley which is now a Metro Subway station, and had a little bar and restaurant, they were all attached from the inside and outside, I doubt the little sports area is still there, proably maybe more bar or restaurant now which could account for so many people in there at that hour.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Well way back in the days that liquor store was also attached to a little sports store that sold like fishing supplies and maybe bowling supplies since it was right next to a bowling alley which is now a Metro Subway station, and had a little bar and restaurant, they were all attached from the inside and outside, I doubt the little sports area is still there, proably maybe more bar or restaurant now which could account for so many people in there at that hour.

I remember that area well, grew up in Hillcrest Heights a couple of blocks from Iverson Mall, lived there until 1988.

OldHillcrestGuy

I remember that area well, grew up in Hillcrest Heights a couple of blocks from Iverson Mall, lived there until 1988.

Me too, I was everywhere as kid within a 4 mile or so radius, and 99% of it was on my bicycle. I lived about 6 blocks from the Mall and my DW lived on Colebrooke just in from Branch, between Gaither and 28th Pkwy. from her house the Mall was just across the street.

M

MistysDaddy08

Everything I posted came from the actual operations between PSC and Command on Channel 3. The 12 victims were the ones who were barricaded inside and police said they were not sure if they were injured or not, so that is why Command requested the Mass Casualty Task Force. So that is how I got my information

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Everything I posted came from the actual operations between PSC and Command on Channel 3. The 12 victims were the ones who were barricaded inside and police said they were not sure if they were injured or not, so that is why Command requested the Mass Casualty Task Force. So that is how I got my information

Crappy thing is, the happened at midnight and Branch Ave was still closed down at 7:00 this morning for an investigation. What needs investigating, bad guy tried to shoot cops, cops shot back, bye bye bad guy. That would have been my report.

OldHillcrestGuy

Crappy thing is, the happened at midnight and Branch Ave was still closed down at 7:00 this morning for an investigation. What needs investigating, bad guy tried to shoot cops, cops shot back, bye bye bad guy. That would have been my report.

Proably waiting for better lightning or daylight to look for shell casings and possible bullet holes in nearby vehicles or buildings if the bad guy came out firing at them.

You know the police have to justify why they shot him when the family members come forward and start their complaining, about he was such a good person and was changing his life around.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

Take it easy there Misty, thought maybe the crack or marijuana you are tapping into to relieve your backpain might be affecting your posts on here.:killingme:killingme

wineo

loving life

I grew up on Afton, right behind Lynn Hill Apartments. Moved from there in 73 to St. Mary's. I went to Overlook Elem and some days would ride my bike:whistle:

Those days are gone:cds:

OldHillcrestGuy

I grew up on Afton, right behind Lynn Hill Apartments. Moved from there in 73 to St. Mary's. I went to Overlook Elem and some days would ride my bike:whistle:

Those days are gone:cds:

First or second duplex on the left off of 32nd as we knew it, now Oxon Park St. :razz: