St. Patrick's Day Facts: Snakes, a Slave, and a Sa

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
St. Patrick's Day Facts: Snakes, a Slave, and a Saint

"On St. Patrick's Day—Tuesday, March 17—millions of people will don green and celebrate the Irish in, and around, them with parades, good cheer, and perhaps a pint of beer.

But few St. Patrick's Day revelers have a clue about St. Patrick, the man, according to the author of St. Patrick of Ireland: A Biography.

"The modern celebration of St. Patrick's Day really has almost nothing to do with the real man," said classics professor Philip Freeman of Luther College in Iowa.

Who Was the Man Behind St. Patrick's Day?

The real St. Patrick wasn't even Irish. "

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
St. Patrick's Day Facts: Snakes, a Slave, and a Saint

"On St. Patrick's Day—Tuesday, March 17—millions of people will don green and celebrate the Irish in, and around, them with parades, good cheer, and perhaps a pint of beer.

But few St. Patrick's Day revelers have a clue about St. Patrick, the man, according to the author of St. Patrick of Ireland: A Biography.

"The modern celebration of St. Patrick's Day really has almost nothing to do with the real man," said classics professor Philip Freeman of Luther College in Iowa.

Who Was the Man Behind St. Patrick's Day?

The real St. Patrick wasn't even Irish. "

Hang in there Nonno! The holiday celebrating your kind is just around the corner.......On April 1st.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Yeah, celebrating the Irish is really kind of dumb because they have not contributed much to America, and there are so few of them here. The Great O should dissolve St. Patrick's Day and, instead, expand Black History Month through March. That'd make so much more sense.

:rolleyes:

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
Yeah, celebrating the Irish is really kind of dumb because they have not contributed much to America, and there are so few of them here. The Great O should dissolve St. Patrick's Day and, instead, expand Black History Month through March. That'd make so much more sense.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, those Irish. All they did was come here in the late 1800 and early 1900s with nothing and were made to work hard to survive. They were not given free loans to start businesses or free heath care. ONe of my coworkers told me that my ancestors were immigrants too just like the ones coming here today from all over the world. I wanted to punch him in the face. There's a big difference between what my Irish ancestors had to do to survive v. today. There are so many people in this country today that think they are owed something. Obama is only going to make that warped mentality stronger.