Anyone tried SSScat???

AdvPetCareSvc

Has anyone tried the cat repellent, SSScat?? In case you haven't seen it, it's a motion-sensored spray that you can put on areas like the kitchen counter that you don't want your cat to jump on. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and if it's worth it.

If anyone has any other advice to keep cats off the kitchen counter, I welcome your suggestions. I have tried a can with coins, spray bottle, and the sticky strips, with no luck. It works for a second, but then they're right back up there again and all I do is yell at them! :jameo: Thanks!

Last edited:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Has anyone tried the cat repellent, SSScat?? In case you haven't seen it, it's a motion-sensored spray that you can put on areas like the kitchen counter that you don't want your cat to jump on. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and if it's worth it.

If anyone has any other advice to keep cats off the kitchen counter, I welcome your suggestions. I have tried a can with coins, spray bottle, and the sticky strips, with no luck. It works for a second, but then they're right back up there again and all I do is yell at them! :jameo: Thanks!

Interesting, here is a video of it. My cats are pretty old now and stay off the counters but it would have been nice to have a few years back.

AdvPetCareSvc

HA! Thanks for the videos! The cat in the "counter" vid looks just like Emily Rose, the worst of my cats....who mostly needs this SSScat device.

CrashTest

Should work. I shot my cat with an asthma inhaler one time to see what see would do. She freaked out. It was about 3 days before she even got near me again.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
While shopping at Wal-Mart today I picked it up. I immediately set it up when I got home. I have a cat that loves furniture and figured I'd give it a try. Works GREAT!! He got blasted with it twice today and now he won't even go downstairs. :roflmao: It is definitely keeping him away from the furniture. :yay:

BTW, price was $29.98 and refills are $8.98.

J

jp2854

if i get sscat I will have to get 3 bottles one for the counters as seh loves getting on them and one for the table and one for by my bed as she loves tearing up my bed underneath it and i don't want it destroyed so i will do that to keep her out. I think shadow is going to hate me once i do this.

butterfly08

I might have to try that stuff too. I just bought a new couch and my cats have already scratched it. I bought some different scratching posts and so far while I'm home they haven't touched the couch. I'm just afraid of what they might do when I'm at work, so that's why I have been keeping them in the bathroom.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
if i get sscat I will have to get 3 bottles one for the counters as seh loves getting on them and one for the table and one for by my bed as she loves tearing up my bed underneath it and i don't want it destroyed so i will do that to keep her out. I think shadow is going to hate me once i do this.

Maybe get one and move it around each day? I had one cannister between my two couches, and I moved it the other day to one side of one couch. I'm trying to "confuse" my cat so he doesn't get used to it being in one place.

J

jp2854

thanks chasey I will try that when I get a can. Shadow loves to scratch and declawing her would have costed me about 550.00 dollars so i said I don't think so and said she can keep her claws for that price. I just need someone to teach me how to clip her claws again since hers are like razor blades.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
thanks chasey I will try that when I get a can. Shadow loves to scratch and declawing her would have costed me about 550.00 dollars so i said I don't think so and said she can keep her claws for that price. I just need someone to teach me how to clip her claws again since hers are like razor blades.

Where is that quote from? The vet quoted me $250-$450, depending on additional things (pre-op blood work, buster collar, iv flush, etc).

I keep my cat's nails trimmed and blunt, but he still manages to scratch furniture. He's easy to handle and doesn't mind when I trim his nails, but I know some cats (and dogs) freak out!

J

jp2854

the quote was from all kinds animal hospital and they said between 498 and 525 to 550. I can't afford that I think its way too high. When i took shadow in for her vet apt they charged me 12.00 just to clip her claws. They charge me 18.00 to clip brunos nails as she is a dog which I think is a little high too but bruno freaks out to having her toes touched.

well i talked to the lady at all kinds today and the other person did a spay and declaw not just a declaw that is why the price was so darn high. She qouted me 388 today and that is definately better than 498 to 525 to 550. I am going to end up having her front paw declawed after all. I will set up the apt tomorrow am after I talk to my mom to go with her schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdvPetCareSvc

So, I bought SSScat and it only last three days! I think I just have really bad cats and they could care less about the device. The canister is really small and I just don't know if it's worth it enough to go buy another $8 canister refill. :eyebrow:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
So, I bought SSScat and it only last three days! I think I just have really bad cats and they could care less about the device. The canister is really small and I just don't know if it's worth it enough to go buy another $8 canister refill. :eyebrow:
I've had mine for what, two weeks now? Still going strong. I am curious to see how long it will last. Between the two dogs, cat & my daughter forgetting it is between the couches, it goes off quite a bit.