Sheriff: Officer shot dog during Md. eviction

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:frown: I had to google what the heck a Presa Canario was. Pretty intimidating looking dog though. Don't know the temperment but the article did say the officer was cornered by it. I'd probably be alittle nervous too if I saw that coming at me, not knowing if it was friendly or not.

View attachment 62167

Last edited:

aFTeRLiFe

Who cares? What are you going to do let a dog bite you and tear your face up? Get rabies? I think not, shoot them ####ers.

Cowgirl

Gee Andy, why didn't you bother to post this part of the article:

Sheriff's office spokeswoman Diane Richardson says when Burket opened the door to an upstairs room, a 138-pound male Presa Canario lunged at him and nipped his hand.

Richardson says Burket tried to close the door and back away, but the dog burst through and, pinned in a corner, Burket fired several shots at the animal

Gwydion

My grandparent's neighbors have two presa's. They are mean dogs. Big and powerful. One of them jumped over it's 10 foot cage fence, so he had to install roofing for it. When the ##### gave birth, she ate all of the young. The male routinely attacks the owner. Highly territorial and highly aggressive.

They were originally bred on a small island for hunting. They are not friendly dogs and I can damn near guaruntee the cop was not out of line by shooting this dog.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm a bit up in the air over this. Yes, the cop was justified in the shoot, but there are some questions that need to be asked that hopefully will come up in the investigation.

eddy1

I'm a bit up in the air over this. Yes, the cop was justified in the shoot, but there are some questions that need to be asked that hopefully will come up in the investigation.

What questions? Dog brings teeth to a gun fight. Gun wins. Score one for the good guys!!!!!

B

Beaver-Cleaver

What questions? Dog brings teeth to a gun fight. Gun wins. Score one for the good guys!!!!!

MAybe ... what other methods they can use to defend themselves before killing doggy?

For some reason, "shoot to kill" seems to be the first reaction when it comes to dogs in Charles County. I wonder if any of them have dogs at home, and if they'd be a trigger-happy with their dogs of it got a little rowdy.

Cowgirl

MAybe ... what other methods they can use to defend themselves before killing doggy?

For some reason, "shoot to kill" seems to be the first reaction when it comes to dogs in Charles County. I wonder if any of them have dogs at home, and if they'd be a trigger-happy with their dogs of it got a little rowdy.

Yeah, they shouldn't shoot to kill. They should shoot to wound so the dog suffers. Then, when people try to take the dog to the vet, the dog can bite them because he's in pain. :yay: That's a much better idea!

kom526

Reading comprehension :FAIL: Pt. II

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

What other methods do YOU recommend when a 135 pound, ferocious animal is attacking you?? :tap:
Since you are a moron, I'm going to try to make it easier for you.

a 138-pound male Presa Canario lunged at him and nipped his hand.

Richardson says Burket tried to close the door and back away, but the dog burst through and, pinned in a corner,

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
What an idiot...

...you are proving to be. If the dog in question had been a miniature poodle or peekapoo, there would have been no shooting. All the cases you bring up and which make the news involve large aggressive dogs which in most cases have attacked and possibly bitten the officer involved. Let's see your tolerance for a drooling, menacing unrestrained pitbull before you try to act like an adult on the forms. If you can't keep up, stay on the porch.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What other methods do YOU recommend when a 135 pound, ferocious animal is attacking you?? :tap:
Since you are a moron, I'm going to try to make it easier for you.

I dog that size would knock Andi's Nancy ass down. :killingme

dawn

Ok, I am going to get blasted for this but I am putting in my two cents anyway...

The dog did what dogs do, it protected its home. It appears the tennant knew the day they had to be out, and I would guess they thought they had until the end of that day to leave and probably didnt expect the owner and police to show up at 9 in the morning. The tennant appeared to lock the dog in the bedroom rather than have it run free throughout the house, maybe trying to side on the error of caution in case the homeowner did come in the home. I find it hard to believe the dog didnt bark when the home owner and police officer entered the house to begin with. :shrug:

Last edited:

belvak

Happy Camper

We're not talking about a Chihuahua here... This was a big dog! A dog that knows you and is a "little rowdy" is a whole different situation than a dog who doesn't know you, breaks through a door, and only wants eat you!! In that situation, I believe I would shoot too!

kom526

Ok, I am going to get blasted for this but I am putting in my two cents anyway...

The dog did what dogs do, it protected its home. It appears the tennant knew the day they had to be out, and I would guess they thought they had until the end of that day to leave and probably didnt expect the owner and police to show up at 9 in the morning. The tennant appeared to lock the dog in the bedroom rather than have it run free throughout the house, maybe trying to side on the error of caution in case the homeowner did come in the home. I find it hard to beleive the dog didnt bark when the home owner and police officer entered the house to begin with. :shrug:

Winnah, winnah chicken dinnah!!
This is where I was going with "the questions" that hopefully come up during the investigation.