Goff Still Swinging?

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
Our former cop?

"ASSAULT: On March 21 a victim/citizen entered the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office to report she was assaulted by David Adam Goff, 34 of Lexington Park, two different times on March 19, 2009. The victim reported she and Goff were engaged in a verbal dispute at a residence in Lexington Park which escalated into an assault when Goff pushed the victim to the floor causing her to injure her foot. Goff also kicked the victim and grabbed her by the hair. An application for a statement of charges was completed and an arrest warrant issued for David Goff. On March 22 Goff was arrested and transported to the St. Mary's County Detention Center."

St. Mary's County Sheriff's Reports - Southern Maryland Headline News

:whistle:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
What a fall from grace. From jailer to jailbird in less than a year. Wonder what kind of treatment he'll get from other inmates that he may have arrested in th past?

eddy1

It is nice to see that the police do the right thing and arrest a person, while they are the police and after they are the police. It shows at least in St. Mary's County that nobody is above the law!!!

smibarines

It is nice to see that the police do the right thing and arrest a person, while they are the police and after they are the police. It shows at least in St. Mary's County that nobody is above the law!!!

It's less about justice and more about the fact that he was never in the 'in' crowd. Not very popular, that Deputy Goff...

crabluver

Seems to me he thought he'd get away with due to "the badge". Probly right thoug, he just isn't in the "in crowd" of his colleagues...

eddy1

I wonder why it is the editor of the St. Mary's Today only feels the FOP's texas hold em's illegal? I wonder why he doesn't suggest the other bars in St. Mary's County have counseling services for their customers with alcohol problems?

By the way, the FOP will pay for an active member who has an alcohol problem, or any other mental health issue's counselor's fees.

smibarines

And where, precisely, did you garner this information? :confused:

Police officers cover for other police officers. Simple fact we can all agree on - right? Unless they don't like that particular officer. Goff did not fit in - pretty obvious to me. Otherwise they would have covered for him.

Southern Belle

Saint Mary's Today busted on him and the FOP's gambling operation pretty hard today:

"Besides running Texas Hold Em Tournaments, which reportedly is illegal for the FOP to operate as they fail to conform to IRS rules, the group could sponsor counseling services for officers who develop a problem with alcohol."

http://www.stmarystoday.com/News/firedcoplandsinjailagain.html

:killingme

Just because an ex cop gets arrested it doesn’t mean it’s the FOP’s fault. It wasn’t necessary to bring up poker in his story, it’s not relevant. Since it was brought up, what about Donovan's who claims to give to Family First of Southern Maryland. There is so such organization.

willie

Police officers cover for other police officers. Simple fact we can all agree on - right? Unless they don't like that particular officer. Goff did not fit in - pretty obvious to me. Otherwise they would have covered for him.
Maybe he went so far over the blue line that the on-site cops didn't want to risk their jobs to cover for his drunken butt.

BigRed

are you a police officer?? what actual insight do you have to this matter?

BigRed

Are you going to deny that cops cover for each other?

It seems to be a lose-lose with you. He doesn't get arrested, then they are covering for him. He gets arrested, then they must not like him. Fact of the matter is, the police did their job, no two ways about it.

willie

But that is usually what they do - they MUST not have liked him very much. There must have been something else.

Yes, there was something else, he was so drunk that there was no covering it up whether they wanted to or not. I'm not arguing that cops do or don't give other cops a break just that this case doesn't fit that argument.

smibarines

It seems to be a lose-lose with you. He doesn't get arrested, then they are covering for him. He gets arrested, then they must not like him. Fact of the matter is, the police did their job, no two ways about it.

It wouldn't be the first time.

eddy1

The fact of the matter is this guy was a well respected, well liked police officer by his colleagues. The fact of the matter is the police are professional and when someone commits a crime, they enforce it. You can come up with your innuendo, but you can't back it up with factual information. You lack total credibility!

smibarines

The fact of the matter is this guy was a well respected, well liked police officer by his colleagues. The fact of the matter is the police are professional and when someone commits a crime, they enforce it. You can come up with your innuendo, but you can't back it up with factual information. You lack total credibility!

Don't question my credibility. You WILL lose. I have first hand experience with the ways of the SMCSD and have seen them CTA - they are very good at it.