South County Commerce Meeting

shilo

We just got home from the first South County Commerce meeting held at the Ridge Fire Dept this Saturday morning. It was held by Dan Raley, Bob Schaller, Hans Welch, Donna Sasscer, Carolyn Laray, Steve Wall, Linda Craven and Dan Norris. Basically the meeting went over the overall game plan for the South County area and it's businesses and then asked for input from the attending businesses. I found it very informative and I think although we are in a no/slow growth district they were very receptive to our needs and concerns. The time flew by and Bob Schaller (St. Mary's County Director, Dept of Economic and Community Development) felt we should meet again very soon to expand the discussion. Everyone there was in agreement and we will be meeting again on April 23rd at 7pm at the Ridge Firehouse. If you were not at the meeting today and have any interest in the commerce of South County I recommend you attend the April meeting. We were all asked to bring one person who was not in attendence today as they would really like to hear from more of us as to our concerns for our end of the county as it relates to business. It was an interesting discussion.