Area Radio Sucks!

waldorfman

No more...

So, you're telling me, the only choice I have for rock (if you even want to call what they play "rock") is 101.1 - when I can pick it up?

For me, the bomb dropped when 94.7 went to top-40/pop. No more classic rock.

Really - WTF is going on? I think I need to finally bite the bullet and buy Sirus/XM Radio. /sob!

Thank god I have my iPod. :)

latinamomma

Transam's wife
Couldn't agree with you more!!

My daughter and I were in the car Monday afternoon when I noticed that 94.7 had changed! Of course she likes it, but damn, I want my classic rock!! Besides 100.3 , does ANY OTHER station play classic rock?? This is just sad!!!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
No more...

So, you're telling me, the only choice I have for rock (if you even want to call what they play "rock") is 101.1 - when I can pick it up?

Really - WTF is going on? I think I need to finally bite the bullet and buy Sirus/XM Radio. /sob!

WTF is going on?

The whole world is turning gay.

puggymom

No more...

99.1----> :frown:

Get satellite radio.

I grew up in MD and left after college coming back only recently. When I moved back 99.1 was the 99.1 I grew up with but not even a few weeks later it just changed. We bought a mini van that came with a free years subscribtion and I have renewed that every year since. I hate having to drive hubby's car now with his am/fm radio.

No more...

:shrug: I just listen to the voices in my head.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
My daughter and I were in the car Monday afternoon when I noticed that 94.7 had changed! Of course she likes it, but damn, I want my classic rock!! Besides 100.3 , does ANY OTHER station play classic rock?? This is just sad!!!

102.7 Jack FM in Baltimore plays a great mix of 70's/80's/90's/classic rock, and no DJ's. I get a lot of static in La Plata, but it comes in fine the further north I go. 94.7 totally sucks now! :tantrum I like Cerphe and am waiting to see where he winds up.

Ray

95.9 out of Fredericksburg is ok although they play some stuff that is little old for my tastes. They play 60s/70s music but it is not all rock...some disco too. 96.9 can be picked up spotty in the southern portions of SMD and it is all classic rock.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
BIG 100.3 has classic rock.
95.9 out of Fredericksburg is ok although they play some stuff that is little old for my tastes.
These are the two most awful stations around! They play 60% Elton John and Beatles junk!:barf:
I've found 105.9 and, although they are much more tolerable, they DO have their times when I "push the button". Almost all stations play the same 100 or 150 songs every day but this one does throw in a good mix of songs that no one else plays. I look for classic rock stations like 94.7 USED to be but they are long gone. I'm an 80's rock kind of guy: Aerosmith, Journey, Skynard, Boston, Foreigner, etc.
I'm looking into satellite radio but for now I've downloaded about 70 songs off the internet and play them in my mp3.
Who is responsible for what is played on these stations??? Therein lies the problem I think.

100.3 is OK. 102.7 is good, when I can get it. 97.9 ROCKS!

I bought a cheap $10.00 1GM mp3 player / FM tuner (so I can still get traffic and news on 103.5) at Staples last week. Have loaded 8 or so CDs so far. Once I get the rest loaded, I will be a happy camper.

ironintestines

Non-Premo
Has anyone noticed the stations that have not changed their format??

Kinda lets ya know where ya rank in terrestrial radio land, doesn't it??..

bcp

In My Opinion
XM/sirrus are the only way to go.
Got XM in my truck
Sirius in pan ladies car and the camper.