More Poison Products from China

Starman3000m

Article by Associated Press Writers Brian Skoloff And Cain Burdeau, Associated Press Writers –
(excerpt)

PARKLAND, Fla. – At the height of the U.S. housing boom, when building materials were in short supply, American construction companies used millions of pounds of Chinese-made drywall because it was abundant and cheap.
Now that decision is haunting hundreds of homeowners and apartment dwellers who are concerned that the wallboard gives off fumes that can corrode copper pipes, blacken jewelry and silverware, and possibly sicken people.

source:
AP IMPACT: Chinese drywall poses potential risks

So much for quality control!

The fact that these imported products are unsafe is due to the complacency and neglect on the part of our country's companies who accept imported products without having a quality control team at the production sites. Add if they do, the quality control people are not doing their job and have already endangered thousands of American consumers through defective and unsafe products. Recalls are often too late and come after-the-fact when harm has already been done to the unsuspecting consumers.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I wish someone had posted this back in February when it first broke. Or maybe twice in March when it broke again.

I guess it's always good to have four threads about the same topic, right?

Starman3000m

I wish someone had posted this back in February when it first broke. Or maybe twice in March when it broke again.

I guess it's always good to have four threads about the same topic, right?

LOL - I guess Yahoo News and the Associated Press must have felt it necessary to have this information appear as a news article today. Or perhaps they did not pick up on it back in February or twice in March and then again maybe Yahoo reporters don't visit the somd threads.

What if the ways to prevent heart attacks and strokes were never reprinted just because someone had already reported on it a few months or years ago?

This is the first I had heard of the "drywall" info, MMDad. If this info has been posted on previous threads it is because I was not aware of them and thought it may be a good source of info to pass along.

Last edited: