Live Eagle Cam...

Rael

Supper's Ready
Just watched the mother do an excorcist head spin. Great site!:yay:

I visited a bird atrium in South Africa once and was in the owl section. There was this owl no further than five feet away from me sitting on the ground. His body was pointed in the opposite direction, but he kept his eyes looking at me.

I took one step to the left, and he rotated his head all the way around to the left. One step to the right, and all the way back around the right. I kept stepping, he kept turning.. :killingme

Rael

Supper's Ready
The parent bird is still feeding three eaglets, though s/he (?) feeds the older one more then the others. And the older ones both pick on the youngest. But so far, they're all still there.

I can't tell whether it's a male or female taking care of the young (I guess it's the female). Every now and then the other in the couple visits the nest. They say the female is larger than the male in size, but it's difficult to differentiate.

Independence

I am SOOO HOOKED!! I have a 4 hour meeting tomorrow and guess what's going to be on my screen the whole time!! Thanks sooo much for th link.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
I am SOOO HOOKED!! I have a 4 hour meeting tomorrow and guess what's going to be on my screen the whole time!! Thanks sooo much for th link.

I'm hooked too! This is wonderful....I just hope we don't witness another bird coming and stealing the babies! That would be an awful site! Hope mom is a good protector.

Rael

Supper's Ready

I'm hooked too! This is wonderful....I just hope we don't witness another bird coming and stealing the babies! That would be an awful site! Hope mom is a good protector.

Glad you like it. :yay:

Besides the fact they're getting bigger quickly, I noticed that it seemed to suddenly get colder. The chicks wanted to get under protection for warmth. The parent then spread the wings out further when it started to hail. I was wondering what the noise was, then saw it bouncing off of her feathers (along with the sound of thunder a little). :cool:

Independence

It's amazing to see how they act/react to the weather and the elements. I rooting for the little one. The large babies seem to pick on him/her but she's got a little spunk. Mom/dad seem to be doing okay with feeding although I do notice the little one gets fed last.

Rael

Supper's Ready
It's amazing to see how they act/react to the weather and the elements. I rooting for the little one. The large babies seem to pick on him/her but she's got a little spunk. Mom/dad seem to be doing okay with feeding although I do notice the little one gets fed last.
Seems lately as they get bigger, there's now less of the sibling conflicts (at least when I've looked). The bigger ones are flapping their non-feathered wings more. :lol: Mama seems to be interested in keeping the place clean.
I am so fascinated with this site; the Hornby cam has a couple of eggs that are going to hatch very soon. I've learned alot about eagles in the last two days.

I've been watching all day - I had to force myself to actually step away & get anything done today.:lmao:

http://www.zaplive.tv/web/hwf-sidney2?streamId=hwf-sidney2

I'm looking forward to the day they leave the nest, if my timing is right to catch it. :hopefully: Your link shows discussion on the right...neat. :yay:

Independence

The Hornby nest has one eaglet hatched on Sunday or Monday and still one egg to hatch. I thought it migt be a dud but watching the other nest and knowing the 3rd eaglet was born a week later I am holding out hope for the second egg in Hornby. Mommy was up a couple of minutes ago and I got to check the baby out. I am again soooo hooked!

Rael

Supper's Ready
Been watching every couple of days... today the two oldest are MUCH larger than the youngest. And at a certain point, the parent's feeding them seems to be less important to the eaglets. They actually take a stab at the kill themselves without physically being fed. The oldest one took what was left that the parent was snipping away at (a fairly large piece) , and devoured it.

The oldest one's appetite seems insatiable and is much more aggressive now, while the other two have to wait. And parent eagle flew off to get more.

This has been really cool to watch. :yay:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Just tuned in and noticed how much bigger the other two are to the youngest. Also, s/he brought a fish and is now feeding only the youngest with it. Interesting. :yay:

Independence

I can't believe how big the eaglets are getting. You can hardly tell them apart now. I've also be checking out the other nests. The Hornsby nest lost one of the babies a couple of weeks ago so there is only one left in that nest. The Delta nest is SMALL but it's holding 2 babies right now. They were born a couple of days apart and are getting big fast.

This is a truly amazing experience to watch these birds grow.

Rael

Supper's Ready
I can't believe how big the eaglets are getting. You can hardly tell them apart now. I've also be checking out the other nests. The Hornsby nest lost one of the babies a couple of weeks ago so there is only one left in that nest. The Delta nest is SMALL but it's holding 2 babies right now. They were born a couple of days apart and are getting big fast.

This is a truly amazing experience to watch these birds grow.

At least one of them has fledged! :cool: Saw it return to the nest to claim the food one of the parents brought back. This has been really cool to watch, bummer I missed the initial leaving of the nest. :ohwell: