Dane Cook's ISolated INcident Tour Review

mrwax

+Pictures added+ Dane Cook's ISolated INcident

Pictures Added, Dane Cook Photos

I went and saw Dane Cook in Baltimore last night, actually got to meet Robert Kelly, one of Dane's openers, which was pretty awesome. Here's my review, i'll have pictures up soon. Keep checkin Capital Beltway Entertainment i'll have the pictures posted their in the next few days.

Last night Baltimore was struck with an ISolated INcident. Something so fierce, so intense, so riotous struck the city, and it originated at the First Mariner Arena. It caused over nine thousand people to become short of breath, it led to eyes forming tears, and it all started with a little laughter. It was the newest addition to Dane Cooks résumé, ISolated INcident: Global Thermo Comedy Tour. Dane Cook was accompanied by Al Del Bene and Robert Kelly to perform a memorable comedy night on this new tour. Part of Al’s performance was missed as I had to wait outside for a bit, but I caught the end of the act which included some hilarious bits about Sarah Palin and Barack Obama. I caught most of Robert Kellys act and he had some hilarious bits himself. He has a new CD titled “Just The Tip”, and he can be found on the rest of the tour with Dane Cook and Al Del Bene.

Robert Kelly exited the stage and a montage came on, videos and pictures of Dane Cook came up, an eerie picture of Dane Cook standing in a suit, light and shadows give a dark persona to the photo, a video of Cook stomping on a couch mocking Tom Cruise, and pictures of hundreds of people; men, women, young, old, soldiers, doctors, all throwing up the Su(per)-Fi(nger). The montage rounded up with a clip from Bob Saget, mocking his own roll in Half Baked, “Have you ever sucked dick for comedy? I’ve sucked dick for comedy open your mouth, I’ll put you on my top 8”.

Dane finally came out and electrified the audience with all new material that he made for this tour. I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of Dane Cook, but after watching this show I was fairly impressed with him as a comedian. Subtle things such as adverse word choice, quirky analogies made the show so much better. Dane has a way with words that makes his story telling method of delivering jokes so vivid and relatable that one can’t help but relate themselves, or at least be able to envision them selves in the situation with ultimate clarity.

Dane was rip riotous, leaving the audience in stitches, and even took a time out to pander to the Baltimore crowd, and talked to the people in the balconies. Dane Cook has matured a lot as a comedian, with both his material, and his persona. The Dane Cook that I tended to dislike was loud, wild, obnoxious, and rambunctious. But not anymore. Dane Cook has really calmed down, and a lot of his screaming and screeching and wildness was missing from this show, and it really made the show that much more enjoyable. This was a good show, but in my eyes it wasn’t great, something was missing. Maybe it’s my favoritism towards social and political commentators and satirists, who used comedy to depict the irony and bull#### being fed to us. I lean closer to comedians like George Carlin, Bill Hicks, and Lenny Bruce who tend to weave important social issues into their comedy, things like human rights, god, government, war, it intrigues me to find comedians do more than just tell jokes, but deliver a message. It’s refreshing to hear these social icons, who can get people to listen, be able to open up peoples eyes as well as their ears. And that’s just one thing that Dane Cook is currently lacking. Hopefully as he continues to evolve as an artist he will realize that he has the ability to do more than just make people laugh, but actually be able to make them think and question things as well. But please, don’t take this the wrong way, strictly from a comedy stand point, Dane Cook put on a great show. It was just less like Carlin’s “Religion is Bull####”, and more like an extended, revamped version of Carlin’s “Things we have in common”

The ISolated INcident tour will continue touring the nation until June 27th as of now, although more dates may be added in the future. Check the links before for more information.

Dane Cook
Robert Kelly Live - 2005 Edition
Al Del Bene

Last edited:

Valkyrie

Hey, thanks for the good review! I just have one quick question, I'm going to see him in Toronto on Friday, and I was wondering if you could tell me about how long the show lasted? All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

mrwax

At my show i don't think everything started until about 820 or 830, and then Dane came on aroudn 930, and i think he finished at 1030, but then he came back on for an encore, and i'm not sure how long that lasted for.