I think my personal information was stolen when...

hokie11

I saw a $3000 charge to radio shack and several hundred in physical therapist fees yesterday and today...

So... where's my massage?

Dont know if I got hacked or some site I ordered from got hacked. The only thing I did last night was order some tickets to the chili festival through ticketmaster...

Called the bank, they won't do anything until charges settle (they're just pending right now), and called the "therapist" number and they won't see anything until stuff comes through either.

Changed my password to my bank and checked all my other accounts and no other activity elsewhere...

I hope this is the end of their spending spree and the bank finds out where these charges are coming from so I can hunt their ass down and fck them up.

I saw a $3000 charge to radio shack and several hundred in physical therapist fees yesterday and today...

So... where's my massage?

Dont know if I got hacked or some site I ordered from got hacked. The only thing I did last night was order some tickets to the chili festival through ticketmaster...

Called the bank, they won't do anything until charges settle (they're just pending right now), and called the "therapist" number and they won't see anything until stuff comes through either.

Changed my password to my bank and checked all my other accounts and no other activity elsewhere...

I hope this is the end of their spending spree and the bank finds out where these charges are coming from so I can hunt their ass down and fck them up.

Immediately cancel the card and have them issue you a new one. NOW.

SoMDGirl42

what'd the cops say? Hint, hint

If they made the purchases in the store, I would hope they have it on video.

hokie11

what'd the cops say? Hint, hint

If they made the purchases in the store, I would hope they have it on video.

it said radio shack.com, but the bank is trying to reverse it right now since it was made last night... i MIGHT get lucky and have one less dispute to cover. plus my mortgage payment is going through soon, that $3k might be a little bit of help :)

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Good luck. Atleast it seems like your checking your statements periodically, which helps when finding fraud. Just hope the bank can cancel everything.
And yes, if you haven't already, call the police.

C

citizen_fear

it said radio shack.com, but the bank is trying to reverse it right now since it was made last night... i MIGHT get lucky and have one less dispute to cover. plus my mortgage payment is going through soon, that $3k might be a little bit of help :)

It seems as though it's not a credit card. Visa check card or debit? If so may we know what bank in case it is the bank and not you who has been hacked?

SoccerMom2

You need to file a police report! Im a surprised the bank did not tell you that. Call your mortgage company and explain what is going on. maybe hey will not process your money until it is resolved.

hokie11

its a visa debit card, not credit card. from bank of america. i talked to my coworkers and boss and they said theres a cyber crimes division that will handle this better since it was all electronic fraud, no physical card was lost. im waiting to see if the bank will reverse the transactions since they are still pending, if thats the case, ill be fine since i plan to create a whole new account anyways

i check my account almost everyday, i dont know why, but ive always felt like i might end up forgetting about some bill payment or miss something i shouldnt have. good thing i did this time

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
I had this happen to my NFCU visa debit card a couple years ago. I immediately contacted Navy Federal and notified them. They canceled my card, shut all of my accounts and re-issued everything. I then had to fill out an affidavit stating that I did not spend the money and they put the money back into my account within 24 hours. I was so mad when the first charge showed up for flowers. I contacted the flower company to find out who ordered and where they went and they wouldn't tell me. They said it was confidential since my name was not the person sending the flowers?! even though it was with my account! Navy Federal took over from there, they apparently investigate these things and find the person(s) if they are able and prosecute. Good Luck!! It is really a pain when this stuff happens.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I don't personally bank with PNC but a week ago on Sunday the phone rang at 9:06 am. It was the fraud department and they wanted to speak with the MIL. Well it was explained that she was not here and was in the midst of traveling from California back to Maryland. It was then inquired as to whether the suspicious transactions might have been fuel ups and food purchases from one state to the other.

In the end MIL had to pull over off her trip and verify that she was indeed traveling across country. They had freezed her account until she did contact them to possibly prevent additional fraud.

Good news is that she is safe and sound here at home and no one stole her card or her info. I give props to the bank though for being on their toe's though.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
its a visa debit card, not credit card. from bank of america. i talked to my coworkers and boss and they said theres a cyber crimes division that will handle this better since it was all electronic fraud, no physical card was lost. im waiting to see if the bank will reverse the transactions since they are still pending, if thats the case, ill be fine since i plan to create a whole new account anyways

i check my account almost everyday, i dont know why, but ive always felt like i might end up forgetting about some bill payment or miss something i shouldnt have. good thing i did this time

I had a similar situation with my BOA debit card. Somebody must have gotten ahold of my card # ( I still had possession of the card) and charged computer software from a foreign country. Went through the fraud division and it got resolved really quickly. They canceled my card and I got a new one (actually, they sent two of them for some reason. I never activated the extra one). Guess I better check my account now to make sure everything is still good. Normally, I check once a week.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I bank with M&T for now. Around 2 months ago they sent a letter saying I would get a new card in the mail and that my current card would be turned off on April 1st due to security issues. Well the day before the first I had not seen my new card, I went to the bank to see what was going on. They filed out some forms and said a new card is on the way. I got that two days later, then a second card a week later. When I asked what the security issue was they would not get into details. It seems as if they were hacked or had a security breech and were sending out new cards to everyone

hokie11

well, this morning, i checked my account, and that damn radio shack order was still pending, so it hasnt been taken from my account yet but it also hasnt been reversed yet... now just more fun with the waiting game..

they still gave me an overdraft fee?! i have confidence they will waiver it once i set the claims in, but thats just stupid for overdrafting me on a pending item.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
well, this morning, i checked my account, and that damn radio shack order was still pending, so it hasnt been taken from my account yet but it also hasnt been reversed yet... now just more fun with the waiting game..

they still gave me an overdraft fee?! i have confidence they will waiver it once i set the claims in, but thats just stupid for overdrafting me on a pending item.

It probably won't be taken off until the fraud department finishes their investigation. Took a week or two with mine. Said it could take months in some cases. They want to make sure it's really a fraudulent purchase and not you trying to back out of something and claiming it's fraud. Give it time.

onebdzee

off the shelf
well, this morning, i checked my account, and that damn radio shack order was still pending, so it hasn't been taken from my account yet but it also hasn't been reversed yet... now just more fun with the waiting game..

I just went through this with one of my boys....You have to call radioshack.com(and whoever else) and tell them that there was a charge that was unauthorized to your bank account....they investigate and it/when they find out that the charge was not from you, they will put it the money back in your account....you have to do this will all the unauthorized charges

Bank of America doesn't do shit except charge you overdraft fees for all transactions that put your account more in the red....they don't put a hold on that(or any other "disputed") transaction....they just keep charging your account

If/when you do get reimbursed for the unauthorized charge(s), you will then have to call BoA back again(probably for the 27th time) and have them reverse the overdraft fees....hopefully you will get them all back

kalmd

I had an issue with my BoA check card awhile back. Hubby and I noticed several charges/withdrawals made at Wawa while we were on vacation in Las Vegas. Neither of our cards were missing/lost, so we don't know how the charges were made without the card. We called BoA and they immediately credited the charges back to us. We also called the police and filed a report. Then a week or so later, the charges were taken from my account again. I called BoA and they said their investigation showed that there were no fradulent charges. I explained again that were were not even in the state on the dates of these charges, so there is no way we made them. I ended up having to fax them copies of our travel itineraries, hotel bill, etc, showing that we were in Las Vegas during this time. They opened the investigation again and we were credited the money back once again, permanently. The police didn't do anything to investigate.