And one more thing...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did anyone but me think it was hysterical that Fox News was the ONLY channel that televised the Dem debate tonight? :killingme

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Haven't they been the only channel televising it each time, because it is sponsored by them?

SmallTown

Football season!
This is the same network that has or has had shows such as:

The Chevy Chase Show
Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?
Tempatation Island
Joe Millionaire

I think coverning the democractic debates falls right in line... They have a knack for showing the odd and unusual...

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
An yet the libs slam them for their "bias." I wonder if Dan Blather and Tom Choke-aw would be showing Republican debates this way? (Yeah, riiiiiight. That's why their ratings are sooo high).:duh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
They have a knack for showing the odd and unusual...
In that case, one would think they'd have showed the debates on Fox 5 rather than Fox News, which is a different venue altogether.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
In that case, one would think they'd have showed the debates on Fox 5 rather than Fox News, which is a different venue altogether.

All under the same umbrella

SamSpade

Just a reminder for those who still watch network TV. TV Guide ran a list of the 50 worst shows of all time. Oddly, it did NOT include such stinkers as Joanie Loves Chachi or Bridget Loves Bernie. I think one criterion must have been either a complete season or exposure. Anyway, you can see which network is putting out the most stinkers.

2. My Mother The Car (NBC, 1965-66)
12. Hello Larry (NBC, 1979-80)
15. Manimal (NBC, 1983)
17. Casablanca (NBC, 1983)
13. Twenty-One (NBC, 1956-58)
22. The Powers of Matthew Star (NBC, 1982-83)
21. Baywatch (NBC and syndicated, 1989-2001)
28. Supertrain (NBC, 1979)
24. One of the Boys (NBC, 1982)
35. Pink Lady...and Jeff (NBC, 1980)
36. The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo (NBC, 1979-81)
38. Hell Town (NBC, 1985)

4. The Brady Bunch Hour (ABC, 1977)
8. Cop Rock (ABC, 1990)
18. The Ugliest Girl in Town (ABC, 1968-69)
20. The Pruitts of Southampton (ABC, 1966-67)
26. Life with Lucy (ABC, 1986)
27. Turn-On (ABC, 1969)
33. Holmes & Yoyo (ABC, 1976)
34. Alexander the Great (ABC, 1968)
37. Saturday Night Live with Howard Cosell (ABC, 1975-76)
40. Makin' It (ABC, 1979)
42. The Flying Nun (ABC, 1967-70)
45. A.K.A. Pablo (ABC, 1984)
47. Rango (ABC, 1967)
49. The Ropers (ABC, 1979-80)

5. Hogan's Heroes (CBS, 1965-71)
7. AfterMASH (CBS, 1983-84)
9. You're in the Picture (CBS, 1961)
14. Baby Bob (CBS, 2002-present)
32. Co-Ed Fever (CBS, 1979)
46. Me and the Chimp (CBS, 1972)
48. Bless this House (CBS, 1995-96)

16. The Chevy Chase Show (Fox, 1993)
6. Celebrity Boxing (Fox, 2002-present)
25. Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire? (Fox, 2000)
43. Woops! (Fox, 1992)

Fox may have put out some dumb shows, but Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place? Perfect Strangers? (That one ran for SEVEN YEARS).

With recent stinkers like "Cupid", "Vengeance Unlimited" "The Secret Lives of Men" - honestly, considering their worse than Fox beginnings, the stinker network is still ABC.

B

Bruzilla

Hey Sam, which show was number one?

How could Hogan's Heroes been one of the worst shows? That show's been in syndication forever, and no one would watch it if it were that bad. :biggrin:

SamSpade

Jerry Springer was #1. It's syndicated, so the blame rests on no one in particular.

Some of the objections to Hogan's Heroes were really about depicting Nazis as basically likable bunglers. For the longest time, you couldn't see this on German television. Now they run it, but they dub in lines over some expressions (like "Heil Hitler") with ridiculous and obviously wrong translations.

In some parts of the world, joking about Nazis still isn't funny.

Hey, I didn't MAKE the list. I would have added a LOT of worse shows.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to like Hogan's Heroes when I was a dumb kid. Then I learned more about WWII and find that whole show abhorrent.

Neither here nor there...

I hate when Republicans stoop to the level of the DU and start talking about penis size. It's juvenile. But the posters are right when they say that the candidates yakked their heads off and didn't really say anything.

CMB was asked, basically, what she's doing here when her poll numbers are non-existent. She replied that she's doing very well in the polls, thankyouveddymuch. That's the fantasy world these people live in.