Is this the end of Jon & Kate plus 8?

PantherWoman

Kate Gosselin Admits to Struggling with Her Marriage - Scandals & Feuds, Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin : People.com

"We Might Split Up," Kate says she has hope that her marriage can be saved. "I will never give up hope that every member of our family can be absolutely happy again," she says.

From reading this, it sounds like things are pretty messed up.

Star Magazine | News | Jon & Kate Plus Eight, Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin, Kevin Kreider, Aunt Jodi Kreider, Exclusive Tell All

Kevin and Jodi's shocking revelations about Jon and Kate include:

Jon told Kevin he believes Kate is having an affair with bodyguard Steve Neild;
Kate drew up a secret contract that allows Jon to have girlfriends on the side — as long as he stays on the show;
She has cut off her entire family -- even her parents -- and spends less and less time with her eight children while she promotes her career;
Her explosive temper and controlling ways have led to bitter battles between the TV couple.

Last edited:

Cowgirl

Let's hope it's the end. She's a loud, bossy, rude person and I feel sorry for Jon and the kids.

L

luckystar

I hope so, the woman's a real biatch. I can only watch the show if it's already on that channel and there's absolutely nothing else on.

CrashTest

I hope it's done. That show just glamorizes irresponsible folks having tons of kids to burden our already overburdened resources.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Oh come on, The Star as credible news source?!? It's obvious something is going on but I really don't believe all of the allegations, nor is it any of my business. I love the show and I agree Kate is a shrew, but I don't get why everyone is so fascinated with their demise. It's sad really, regardless of the circumstances.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What's funny is that on Kate's talk show circuit run, she is always saying that there's nothing they can do to get people out of their lives. I've got an idea. Ditch the show and go back to being regular people with actual jobs and who don't get free stuff. I've noticed too that now that the affair scandel broke, Kate is always on those tabloid shows like TMZ, waving to "her fans" like she's a celebrity.

frozenrain

What's funny is that on Kate's talk show circuit run, she is always saying that there's nothing they can do to get people out of their lives. I've got an idea. Ditch the show and go back to being regular people with actual jobs and who don't get free stuff. I've noticed too that now that the affair scandel broke, Kate is always on those tabloid shows like TMZ, waving to "her fans" like she's a celebrity.

I saw her on rachael Ray the other day and she basically said for the first three seasons she hated the public talking to her and really resented it. However now she is really thankful for them and glad she is an inspiration to them. She also thanked them for allowing her to have a stay at home career(id est the show).
I have only watched a couple of episodes but from what I haev seen of the editing she does seem quite assertive and really pushes her hubby for answers.One was whether her hubby resented her for having all of the children implanted in her. He said no but she asked him and told him she thought he did resent her SO many times in the end he said he did!. She would make a good police officer.
I feel sorry for any family having marital troubles. . She does seem a bit of a perfectionist but then again I think he is a little creepy -just IMO . I am probably wrong.

Also off topic but I would love her to change her hairstyle. Goodness I am not usually the sort to comment on external appearance but it just seems a bit harsh for her face. It also keeps getting in her face. It made me laugh when some so called body language expert commented that she kept pushing her hair away from her face as she was uncomfortable with the questions asked to her about her hubby. I thought no it is because her hair is in her bloody eyes!!

If he was hanging out with the other lady in public then I really think he must not care much for their marriage or feeling very reckless as he is in the public eye. He must of known he would be seen.
Anyhow for the children's sake I hope they both maintain a good relationship and do not have a 'war of the roses' type drama with each other.

Anyway that is enough with my incoherent ramblings whilst I wait for my dinner to cook.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I used to really like the show but as the show's popularity grew and the money started pouring in, the show changed for the worse. Now things were staged instead of spontaneous. Jon quit his job. There was obvious product placements during the show. All the free stuff started rolling in and Jon and Kate tried their best to act like they thought they didn't deserve it. The only thing I thought they deserved was Kate's tummy tuck. Who'd want that butt in the front as she called it. Yet even then, she tried to convince the doctor to throw in a free boob job too. The hair plugs for Jon were not neccessary, nor where all the trips they took like Disney, Utah, etc.

The charm of the show in the beginning was watching a couple struggle to adjust to life with 8 kids. It's not that way any longer. Kind of hard to pretend to be struggling when you live in a million dollar house, dad is driving a $400,000 sports car, you get two puppies even though for years, viewers have watched Kate complain about how messy kids were. Did she really think the puppies wouldn't poop and pee all over her nice new house??

I feel sorry for the kids who are growing up with no privacy and no real sense of reality. Most kids don't get to play basketball with the Globetrotters, have meet and greets with Disney characters, have amusement parks close down so you can have the place to yourself to play. I hope for everybody's sake, they cut the new season short and take a real hard look at what their family has become and try to fix it.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Interesting tidbits

The Gosselins make up to $75,000 per episode on their TLC hit, Jon & Kate Plus 8, for a 20-episode season -- and that's not even counting all their freebies!

Jon, now a stay-at-home dad, was fired from his job at Style Craft Corp in 2004 after "spending much more time" on a "quest" for freebies than working, the company's owner, David Rothermel, tells Us. (Rothermel finally has spoken out after growing furious at the couple's well-worn claim that he was fired because the company didn't want to insure his family.)

Below, a sample of just some of the swag they've scored:

- Free beds
- Front-loader washing machines
- New furniture
- Free solar panels for "Going Green" episode
- Clothes from Gymboree and Gap
- Mady & Cara birthday at American Girl Place (2 dolls and birthday package for 2 adults & 2 kids): $710
- Trip to Florida Key's for Jon's 30th birthday
-Tickets to Dutch Wonderland amusement park: $309.50
-1/2 an organic cow from Natural Acres Farm: $1,395.00
-Tickets to Philadelphia Zoo: $104.00
-Tickets to Walt Disney World: $654.00 per day
- Utah house rental (estimate: $5,000), ski lift tickets $72 for six days), ski school lessons ($140 per child)
- Upright piano, which they got rid of when they moved into their new $1.1 million home : $5,550-$6,350
- Violin: $100-$300
- Old house re-carperted
-Crayola Factory Tour: $90.00
-Teeth Whitening (for Jon & Kate): $1,310 (average price for 2 adults)
-Hair plugs (Jon): $5,200 (average cost)
-Sesame Street Place tickets: $509.50
-Day with Thomas the Tank Engine: $180.00
-Beach trip to North Carolina, house rental, Jeep tour
-Sight & Sound Christian theatre tickets: $236.00
-SkyBox at Phillies game
-LegoLand tickets: $550.00
-San Diego Zoo tickets: $278.00
-Grand Wailea Resort (Hawaii) for 2008 vow renewal: Suites range from $725-$1,080 per night.
-2 purebred German Shepherd puppies: $1,000-$3,000 per dog
- Please Touch Museum tickets: $150.00
- Giants grocery store: $5,000 in gift cards and a year's supply of diapers

PantherWoman

The Gosselins make up to $75,000 per episode on their TLC hit, Jon & Kate Plus 8, for a 20-episode season -- and that's not even counting all their freebies!

Jon, now a stay-at-home dad, was fired from his job at Style Craft Corp in 2004 after "spending much more time" on a "quest" for freebies than working, the company's owner, David Rothermel, tells Us. (Rothermel finally has spoken out after growing furious at the couple's well-worn claim that he was fired because the company didn't want to insure his family.)

- Free beds
- New furniture
- Mady & Cara birthday at American Girl Place (2 dolls and birthday package for 2 adults & 2 kids): $710
- Utah house rental (estimate: $5,000), ski lift tickets $72 for six days), ski school lessons ($140 per child)
- Upright piano, which they got rid of when they moved into their new $1.1 million home : $5,550-$6,350
- Old house re-carperted
-SkyBox at Phillies game
-Grand Wailea Resort (Hawaii) for 2008 vow renewal: Suites range from $725-$1,080 per night.

Can't forget the tummy tuck, hair plugs for Jon, unlimited Gymboree clothes and sprinter van donated to them.
Also, the $25 per person they make people pay at their church speaking engagements for autographed pictures.

Kittykat33

Why me??

- Free beds
- New furniture
- Old house re-carperted
-SkyBox at Phillies game

Don't be hating them! Hate the people who are giving them this FREE stuff!!!!

ohstate

My, I certainly hope they have an accountant and have been paying taxes on all those freebies. I'd think the IRS would have a good time making an example out of them if they haven't.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Don't be hating them! Hate the people who are giving them this FREE stuff!!!!

I don't blame people for giving them free stuff. They are businesses and are in business to make money. They know that if the Gosselins mention their product, their store, their town, viewers will buy the product, go to their store, and visit their town. Kate has turned her family into a business and promotes it as such. She got rid of her brother Kevin and SIL Jodie from the show because TLC offered to pay them and Kate said no.