Turtles...

SxyPrincess

This morning I drove passed TWO turtles on my way to work. One was on Country Lane and the other, Cedarville Road--both in Waldorf.

Could this mean a curse? Good luck? What????

Anybody else had a run-in with them lately?

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by BchBns

did you run over them?

:eek: Oh no, I wouldn't do that! :nono:

I just thought it was a bit weird--I haven't come across a turtle crossing the road in sometime. Now chickens......

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
This morning I drove passed TWO turtles on my way to work. One was on Country Lane and the other, Cedarville Road--both in Waldorf.

What!!! You drove *past* them! Those poor, slow-assed things, didn't you think to stop and give 'em a RIDE?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I always (as often as I can) stop and put the little fellows to the side of the road. AND I always put them to the side in the direction they are going....I'm afraid they will turn around and go back into the road...yeah, I know...odd....:rolleyes:

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by jetmonkey
Unfortunately, it probably means nothing more than you'll drive by two DEAD turtles on the way home tonight. I LOVE box turtles, but man, the little buggers don't stand a chance.

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

When I was about 6, I saw a box turtle crossing the road. I begged my mom to stop and get him--she did and she was mad as heck she stopped. That little sucker pissed in her car. :eek:

I had him/her for bout two days until I woke up one morning and found it covered in maggots. :barf:

SxyPrincess

Re: Re: Turtles...

Originally posted by Frank

What!!! You drove *past* them! Those poor, slow-assed things, didn't you think to stop and give 'em a RIDE?

I don't think they would have liked NE, DC too much. :biggrin:

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by cattitude
I always (as often as I can) stop and put the little fellows to the side of the road. AND I always put them to the side in the direction they are going....I'm afraid they will turn around and go back into the road...yeah, I know...odd....:rolleyes:

:clap: That is too kind, Cat!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by cattitude

Yea I know me too. I am the B!$&* that stops traffic and gets outta her car and moves them. And will not move until he is completly safe. I have had some rather nasty names thrown my way..but just cause their panties are in a bunch does not mean they have to die

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by SxyPrincess

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

When I was about 6, I saw a box turtle crossing the road. I begged my mom to stop and get him--she did and she was mad as heck she stopped. That little sucker pissed in her car. :eek:

I had him/her for bout two days until I woke up one morning and found it covered in maggots. :barf:

oh yuck :frown: Poor little thing!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I saw one on Sunday, my daughter pointed it out. It was cruising across the driveway and went under the chicken coop (not my house) and really agitated the Rooster (real foul).

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Barbra
I was hysterical all morning because it was so heartless, horrible, violent, and just plain gross. :bawl:

I know exactly what you mean. I have been like that too. It just seems to me people just dont give a dern about anything sometimes.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I saw the cutest little baby box turtle the other day just getting ready to cross the road. I made my son get out and get it and we took it home and put it in the woods. He thought I was kidding at first.