Metal Detecting - old coins - Leonardtown area?

CollectorBob

I've recently relocated to beautiful SoMD (Leonardtown) from California. I'm looking to pursue my fondest hobby (Metal Detecting) in this history-rich area. I understand that most locations are out-of-bounds.

Any fellow detectorist want to either share suggestios/spots or would care to connect and detect together? Thanks.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've recently relocated to beautiful SoMD (Leonardtown) from California. I'm looking to pursue my fondest hobby (Metal Detecting) in this history-rich area. I understand that most locations are out-of-bounds.

Any fellow detectorist want to either share suggestios/spots or would care to connect and detect together? Thanks.

Where in California?

SoMDGirl42

I'm looking for someone with a metal detector that would like to detect the metal rods used to mark land property. It's a very small yard, but if you find any old coins in my yard while searching for such markers, finders keepers. :buddies:

limblips

PREMO Member
I'm looking for someone with a metal detector that would like to detect the metal rods used to mark land property. It's a very small yard, but if you find any old coins in my yard while searching for such markers, finders keepers. :buddies:

Where are you located? I am going away for the weekend but I can do it next week. PM me.

I can have the boy come down and give it a shot next weekend...

CollectorBob

PM me. I could come this weekend!

H

Hodr

Metal Detecting Club

There is a club in Prince Frederick, many (most?) of the members are from St. Mary's county though. The contact info should be on this board, the presidents name is Bunker and you can e-mail him at chill0002@aol.com

We have informal hunts every month or so, picnics, etc. I think we are going to do some beaches this weekend.

CollectorBob

Thanks for the info Hodr. I just emailed Bunker.

There is a club in Prince Frederick, many (most?) of the members are from St. Mary's county though. The contact info should be on this board, the presidents name is Bunker and you can e-mail him at chill0002@aol.com

We have informal hunts every month or so, picnics, etc. I think we are going to do some beaches this weekend.