This oughta start a pretty good fight

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's with all the grouchy newbies?

We get this one who gets all bent because she can't get anyone to agree with her cockamamie ideas. Then she says if we don't like her posts, we should just ignore them and not bother to comment. Well, HELLO! If you didn't want us to read your drivel, you shouldn't have posted it!

Then we get this nut (who we suspect is a reincarnation of another nut) who says he's been lurking but hasn't posted (which we think is a lie) and just wants to say hi. Then he proceeds to rip the regulars to shreds after we welcomed him nicely.

Now we have Fox Mulder coming on here saying that our joking about stuff is for lack of anything better to say! Jump on the bus, buddy - most conversation is purely for entertainment's sake. If you're not entertained, hit the road! Ain't nobody changing the world in here.

And PS, Fox sounds suspiciously like a reincarnation as well. When a newbie gets on and immediately targets Cariblue, that makes my antenna go up.

Anyone who would jump on an established forum and start blasting away without checking the group dynamic is an idiot. I mean, we're okay with anyone who wants to blast away - you just can't be upset when we blast back. If you have no sense of humor, that's not our problem. If you can dish it out but can't take it, that's not our problem either.

My personal pet peeve is the ones who don't bother checking for facts before they post. They make bold statements based on their "gut" and their "feelings". Then they get all PO-ed when someone challenges their statements and brings actual statistics into the mix. Sheesh!

Sermon over.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
My personal pet peeve is the ones who don't bother checking for facts before they post.

Even if they post it in the "Jokes" section? :biggrin:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Oh yeah??? Well who the hell pissed in YOUR Wheaties????

(sorry, just couldn't resist!) ;)

watercolor

yeah yeah
I tend to agree on one of them. But I dont nessecarily think she is handling things the right way. She more or less gets to upset to easily and then blows up and says things before she thinks.

the other 2 I dont know about. Have not seen this Fox person. And the other one you speak of, you can tell I am a true blond, cause I have absolute no clue.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you all think we really jump on newbies like a wolf pack? I, personally, don't. What I see is they come on, we all say "hi" and "welcome" - then, if they start with the attacks, we jump on them. There have been plenty of newbies who didn't come on with a bang - we were ALL newbies at one time.

watercolor

yeah yeah
No I am not saying you jump on them, I am saying that the particular person (I think we are speaking of the same) does not know how to handle things, when people question. I was actually defending you. It must not have come out that way. Sorry :kiss:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
I agree with Vrai and Cat! A breach of "BB entiquette" was made when newbies started attacking folks without knowing a darn thing about them!

And if you don't enjoy a few lighthearted posts thrown into the news forums, then you should tune in to the McLaughlin Group, or Inside Politics, or just go to www.cbsnews.com! (and be careful, 'cause sometimes they just MIGHT get immature and interject some humor into THEIR discussions, too!)

Lilly

The Original Lilly
I don't think there is as much of a "wolf-pack" mentality as the newbies tend to think. I think what usually happens is they lurk around for awhile but aren't prompted to post until an issue comes up that they feel strongly about. And if they do - must likely someone else feels strongly the other way. Newbies get there feelings hurt way too easily. Most of the time they lash out at everybody rather than just the one person who maybe said something out of line. And of course when you lash out at the whole board the whole board is likely to lash back.

I think some of these guys that come on here and target just one individual definately came in with a chip on thier shoulder and something to prove. Most likely got there feelings hurt here before.

watercolor

yeah yeah
when I first got on here, I was told my rights :lol: I should go back and find it if possible.

To mind my "chips" and my dip...and that I would be alright, with a cocky attitude as long as I did not step on any toes along the way. :)

but I do agree with cat...they have been coming on here, with major cobs up their behinds.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by blueeyes76
i'm actually feeling kinda left out...nobody has blasted me yet! :frown:

i guess i'm not controversial enough!

Oh shaddup, blueeyes..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by blueeyes76
i'm actually feeling kinda left out...nobody has blasted me yet! :frown:

i guess i'm not controversial enough!
Hey, me neither, but that's oaky.....

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Blueeyes - RoseRed

i'm actually feeling kinda left out...nobody has blasted me yet!

g-md-05.gif

Happy now?
g-md-05.gif

g-md-05.gif

Would you like to be pissed on too? :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Blueeyes - RoseRed

Originally posted by Sharon

g-md-05.gif

Happy now?
g-md-05.gif

g-md-05.gif

Would you like to be pissed on too? :lol:
Thanks for the blast but you can hang on to the wee-wee. :biggrin:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Actually when I first posted a few I recieved a few rounds from Jimmy and Co.

The rest were cordial.:howdy: