Bush with little white flowers - smells heavenly!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'll go with some sort of lilac also.:yay: We have a couple around my house too and they do smell great.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
thank Kom, but I googled lilac bushes & the leaves are different. :shrug: Also, this bush has just little clusters of white flowers kind of 'tinged' with pink. The blooms are all gone now, but when they are in bloom the smell is incredible.

Ray

I have heard it called mountain laurel or a wild rhodedendrum. They typically grow as a border bush between the woods and field line.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Mock Orange maybe??

:clap: I think that is it, Bob. We have one that someone gave us 10 years ago when FIL died. We planted it at the edge of the yard and it is huge. I don't smell it so much anymoe though. I think it outgrew smelly stage. I'll have to go smell it tomorrow.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:clap: I think that is it, Bob. We have one that someone gave us 10 years ago when FIL died. We planted it at the edge of the yard and it is huge. I don't smell it so much anymoe though. I think it outgrew smelly stage. I'll have to go smell it tomorrow.

Had a big one in my front yard in PA.. and when it was in bloom you could smell from quite aways.. opened the front door and it was GREAT!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Thanks everyone, but I don't think it's anything suggested - It's not a rhody and the leaves are not like a mock orange or laurel. I attached a pic of the leaves.

Ahhhh, after further searching, I think it is a Viburnum!!!!!

Again, thanks to all!

Attachments

• leaves.JPG
    leaves.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 75
  • viburnum%20_carlesii_aurora.jpg
    viburnum%20_carlesii_aurora.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 122

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

Hi sweetie! :love:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Thanks everyone, but I don't think it's anything suggested - It's not a rhody and the leaves are not like a mock orange or laurel. I attached a pic of the leaves.

Again, thanks to all!

I'd say the leaves are REAL close..

Attachments

• mockorange.jpg
    mockorange.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 69
T

toppick08

Again, thanks to all!

The first pic(first post) is a weigela........but this one is as you say is a viburnum.....:buddies: