Is there any help??????

Godblesdon1218

no more posts from anyone that has negative things to say. I do not need any negative , hurtful things written. I am going through enough. If you dont have something decent to say, please dont say it at all.

Last edited:

ginwoman

could you ask your landlord for an eviction notice so you can present it to Social Services and get the ball rolling? How about going to the Social Security office in person on a day they are nearby and apply right then and there? When I did that with a family member of mine who was having (and still is) serious medical and financial issues it didn't take long before they were helping him out. Best of luck to you with everything.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I wnat to introduce myself, my name is Ann. I have a 16 yr old and I had a son Donny on 1-19-09. He was born with a T-Fistula. He had an operation at birth. He is still on a feeding tube but I stayed with him at the hospital and learned all I could in order to have him home with me and my other son. Unfortunately, Donny will never meet his Daddy because he passed away on Dec 18th 2008. Our problem is that I have cleaned my savings acct to continue to pay rent etc. I am wondering if anyone knows of any place or person that will help us. I have been to Catholic Charities, no funds. I have been to Social Services, must have an eviction notice. I have tried Salvation Army, several churches etc...I am the sole caretaker of my son. I have applied for benefits from his Dads passing and disability for him through Social Security but unfortunately, his interview is not until the end of this month. Honestly, I am having a hard enough time dealing with everything, I am trying to be strong. Now I am almost one month behind on rent and I cant get any help. I have always worked and paid taxes. I have took people in my home that needed help before, I will do anything for anyone. Why is there no help for people in bad situations that they honestly did not put themselves in?

What hospital is your son in??

Could you be a little more specific as to details, and exactly how far behind you are and how much you need?

I am the cynical one..

Godblesdon1218

could you ask your landlord for an eviction notice so you can present it to Social Services and get the ball rolling? How about going to the Social Security office in person on a day they are nearby and apply right then and there? When I did that with a family member of mine who was having (and still is) serious medical and financial issues it didn't take long before they were helping him out. Best of luck to you with everything.
Can I get my appointment sooner with social security. They told me that was the earliest that they had. Thank you for responding. That means a lot

unixpirate

Pitty Party
I wnat to introduce myself, my name is Ann. I have a 16 yr old and I had a son Donny on 1-19-09. He was born with a T-Fistula. He had an operation at birth. He is still on a feeding tube but I stayed with him at the hospital and learned all I could in order to have him home with me and my other son. Unfortunately, Donny will never meet his Daddy because he passed away on Dec 18th 2008. Our problem is that I have cleaned my savings acct to continue to pay rent etc. I am wondering if anyone knows of any place or person that will help us. I have been to Catholic Charities, no funds. I have been to Social Services, must have an eviction notice. I have tried Salvation Army, several churches etc...I am the sole caretaker of my son. I have applied for benefits from his Dads passing and disability for him through Social Security but unfortunately, his interview is not until the end of this month. Honestly, I am having a hard enough time dealing with everything, I am trying to be strong. Now I am almost one month behind on rent and I cant get any help. I have always worked and paid taxes. I have took people in my home that needed help before, I will do anything for anyone. Why is there no help for people in bad situations that they honestly did not put themselves in?

I'm living in the basement at my sisters house unemployed. Lost my house and my job. Had to sell my car to pay off some bills. Sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Got my two boxers. :smoochy:

Steadily looking for a job. Can you help a brotha out? :lol:

Point is, the economy is hitting everyone. Thanks Obama! Love ya Bro~!

Starman3000m

Hi Ann. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for being able to receive prompt help with your situation. Even when life seems unfair we can still place our trust in God that He will see us through the difficult moments that come upon us. I know that others here will join in intercessory prayer for the outcome and the help that you are requesting.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
(John 14:27)

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member

:huggy:

God never gives us more than we can bear, but sometimes it seems all too overwhelming.

You have to understand that so many people pull scams on charities, churches, and individuals that many have become very selective about who they help.

Did you go regularly to a congregation? I know that our church helps those in our congregation that are in need. Go to your pastor. Are you Catholic? Go to your local priest rather than directly to Catholic Charities.

Have you tried friends and family? I had a friend that helped me through a tough financial time.

Was your husband in the military? They can possibly help.

libby

Hi Ann,
A priest, pastor or doctor who could verify your situation could go a long way in getting aid from online sources. Can you provide a reference to us? I, for one, would gladly make a contribution, however paltry it might be, to your rent, if verification could be made. As Starman said, most "religious" types help out those within their communities, and our own immediate friends/family in need.
You situation is one that will pull on everyone's heartstrings, so surely you can get help if you get clergy and/or doctors involved.

Starman3000m

Hi Ann,
A priest, pastor or doctor who could verify your situation could go a long way in getting aid from online sources. Can you provide a reference to us? I, for one, would gladly make a contribution, however paltry it might be, to your rent, if verification could be made. As Starman said, most "religious" types help out those within their communities, and our own immediate friends/family in need.
You situation is one that will pull on everyone's heartstrings, so surely you can get help if you get clergy and/or doctors involved.

Hi libby.
Correction here: It was actually 2A who posted the comment about how
"religious" types help out those within their communities..."

I do however agree that this is the case of many churches. Many churches turn a person in need away from being helped if that person is not a member of the congregation.

vbailey

vbailey
Hi libby.
Correction here: It was actually 2A who posted the comment about how
"religious" types help out those within their communities..."

I do however agree that this is the case of many churches. Many churches turn a person in need away from being helped if that person is not a member of the congregation.

The churches don't always have the funds to help since so many folks do not tith their church...they have little funds to help, but they should be able to direct you to help through Gov. services.
If you are a memeber of a church the other members that have a personal relationship with you may pitch in to help...just as any one would for a friend, family memeber.
Our church helps through giving to places like CareNet ( the pregnancy center) and collecting food for the food banks, etc....
But our church just does not have the cash to hand out although if people would give more to our church then we would be able to help in that way...
There have been times in the past where our church was able to pay a electric bill, or someones rent...but times are hard for everyone, even the churches.

Im_Me

I know the priest at St John Vianney would never turn away a young mother in need. Also try Birthright in PF. Supporting young mothers is their calling.

Godblesdon1218

I have not found a congregation to go to. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am going today to social services. I do work with Gene, she is an RN at the infant and toddlers program, she works with the growth of my son. She knows of my situation. I have his application for disability and his application for benefits from the death of his father. I am going to see if I can get a walk in appointment at a place in Pr. Fred that takes applications that someone told me about.

libby

My son Donald is seen weekly by Jean Torgerson, she is an RN Service Coordinator at the Infants and Toddlers Program. Her number is 410-535-5400 Ext 430. She knows of my situation. She works at the Health Department. I know that God does not give us more than we can handle, I know that there is a reason behind this. I really need to go to a church if you could recommend one

Well, this is a good start. Just as the others have said, being a member of a congregation will help.
What is your denomination, or your faith? I mean, you said you called Catholic Charities, does that mean you are Catholic? If you are, do you really believe what the Catholic Church teaches? You will find that I am a pretty strict Catholic, so I won't tell you to return to the faith if you don't believe what it teaches. I would, however, recommend that you learn why the Church teaches what it does and make your decisions from there.
If you are Jewish, Muslim, or another variation of Christianity, I cannot give church recommendations. Others here might be able to.

Im_Me

I have not found a congregation to go to. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am going today to social services. I do work with Gene, she is an RN at the infant and toddlers program, she works with the growth of my son. She knows of my situation. I have his application for disability and his application for benefits from the death of his father. I am going to see if I can get a walk in appointment at a place in Pr. Fred that takes applications that someone told me about.

I have experience with or friends at many great churches in Calvert. I talked about SJV before...they are very giving. St. Pauls Episcopal is great. Emmanuel Baptist in Huntingtown is good. So is Huntingtown United Methodist. Chesapeake Church in Huntingtown is also good. St Nicholas Lutheran is also good.

These are ones I have experience with. Many of these churches have wonderful leaders and strong ministries for the needy.